The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday May 6th, 2023

Very late post.  There may be typos.  My surgery went fine yesterday.  Today, swelling on nose, forehead, and down my nose.  Incision has split open (doc see okay), black eyes.  Can't wear my glasses so really can't see much.  I look like a took a gun to a KNIFE fight and lost at the first blow!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 14

9 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Very late post.  There may be typos.  My surgery went fine yesterday.  Today, swelling on nose, forehead, and down my nose.  Incision has split open (doc see okay), black eyes.  Can't wear my glasses so really can't see much.  I look like a took a gun to a KNIFE fight and lost at the first blow!

Mary Kay, I'm glad the surgery went well yesterday. I hope the swelling and bruising clear up soon.  

Lenda

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Wishing you speedy healing and a quick recovery! 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Hope the swelling and any discomfort go down quickly. Believe me I know exactly how you feel..... and it ain't fun. Take care and hope you can get some rest.

Susan

• Like 8

19 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is currently 12°C and sunny.

Breakfast is ready for Pauline Sarah and I.

IMG_20230506_101420.jpg

Be still my heart! A full English breakfast!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, kazu said:

I meant no harm in it and and did end with God Save the King.  Charles is the longest king in waiting in history and I thought it was good.  Apparently I erred.

I didn’t consider it political at all and it was not meant to be.  I actually am a huge royalty history buff.

I think I am at the point of ceasing to post memes - who knows what else Is offensive?

Keep posting the memes. They're funny and they bring joy. Not every joke is going to land. (I know this.)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

@kazu, I missed thanking you for encouragement on my decision to stay close to DH these days and not risk possible unforeseen troubles on making a trip to N M now, like bringing home COVID.. always lurking to disrupt medical schedules!  

And so hope you are bouncing back from your sad days, Life is Good even as we feel our losses!  
Maureen 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Bruce, it looks like you will have a wonderful, memorable experience.  Enjoy it to the fullest!

Please don't cease posting memes!  We love them and we know they are meant to be humorous.  Please don't let one intolerant person stop what the rest of us enjoy.  ❤️

Very well said Brenda!

I agree.  Thank you to Jacqui, and thank YOU for your input here as well.

I love all of the meme's and said so on several occasions but sometimes we have to be careful to be respectful of other countries people and customs.

Pauline gets lots of funny memes sent to her which I would never dare post.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, bennybear said:

I agree, I too appreciate the information and kind and caring concern for each other.   I have always enjoyed what I’ve always considered to be reasonable and respectful discussions.   IMO as long as we are polite that is healthy.  

I  don’t like all the drama,  I have more than enough in my own life, especially as I await my final pathology….   

But my sense of justice is disturbed when I see one long contributing poster unfairly targeted.  Especially by posters who just pop in to complain.

I enjoy the royals, we were fortunate to see Prince William and Catherine  on their honeymoon, in our city.

image.jpeg.4eb735cccb021aa07e10deebc389161a.jpeg

IMG_4775.jpeg

IMG_4774.jpeg

IMG_4773.jpeg

I did not target anyone.

The phrase Charles had lived off his mother all of his life I found insulting considering all of his Royal work and diplomatic work he had done for Great Britain all of his life.

I loved Princess Diana but I will keep my thoughts to myself.

I'm quite shocked how you are being rude to me as it wasn't me who was rude about our royal family. 

I always say if you can't say something nice , then best not to say anything. 

Please let's get back to talking about beautiful cruises instead of people being nasty. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Thanks for coming on and updating us.  So glad your surgery went well but ouch on your suffering.  I so hope you can heal quickly and have a speedy recovery 🙏🏻 

• Like 6

Mary Kay @cruzn single I hope you heal quickly and are on your way to a complete recovery quickly.  Please rest up but be sure to let us know how you are doing.  

Graham @grapau27 I hadn't heard the number of lives lost in Texas yesterday.  They didn't say before I went to bed.  Prayers for all there on their loss of life due to stupid, crazy people.😢

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Prayers 🙏 to all of the family and friends of those affected by the Dallas Texas Mall shooting last night.

So sad at least 9 people have lost their lives.

I missed this news.  So sad.  What a crazy world.

Prayers for the families and friends.

• Like 5

Jacqui @kazu you DID say “Seriously, God save the King!  👑 ” so I would think anyone reading it would know the meme was a joke. 

Please don’t stop posting memes. I share lots from everyone’s posts here. My friends and workplace love them. 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Jacqui @kazu you DID say “Seriously, God save the King!  👑 ” so I would think anyone reading it would know the meme was a joke. 

Please don’t stop posting memes. I share lots from everyone’s posts here. My friends and workplace love them. 🙂

This will be my last post about this 

The original post from Kazu was deleted by someone but my post number 41 was attached to it so you can see the post.

It was not the meme it was the sarcasm that King Charles had lived off his mum all his life that I felt was insulting.

@kazu was gracious enough to apologise so let's leave it at that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Judypops said:

I did not target anyone.

The phrase Charles had lived off his mother all of his life I found insulting considering all of his Royal work and diplomatic work he had done for Great Britain all of his life.

I loved Princess Diana but I will keep my thoughts to myself.

I'm quite shocked how you are being rude to me as it wasn't me who was rude about our royal family. 

I always say if you can't say something nice , then best not to say anything. 

Please let's get back to talking about beautiful cruises instead of people being nasty. 

Not sure why you think me rude?   

We are all definitely entitled to our opinions, and most often if I disagree or don’t like something I scroll on by without comment or reporting. 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 4