The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday May 6th, 2023

I  have no sunrise for May 6 so this is May 7.  It is from 2015 on a Crystal Serenity transatlantic from Miami to Lisbon.  That morning Serenity arrived in Bermuda.

dawn0507.jpg

Roy

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is currently 12°C and sunny.

Breakfast is ready for Pauline Sarah and I.

IMG_20230506_101420.jpg

Up early to watch parts of the Coronation. My second one. I was 11 when I watched the first one.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, safe travels home today.

Thank you Lenda!  We were home by noon.  I've checked on my seedlings (I was worried they wouldn't get enough rain) but everything looks good.  

We picked the right cruise to get a Neptune Suite (only our 2nd one in 19 years and got it on a good deal).  This cruise was packed full.  Being able to have breakfast and 3 out of 5 dinners in the Orange Club, plus room service breakfast this morning before disembarking, was wonderful.  There was a 20-minute wait at the border -- otherwise we could have been home sooner.  

We had a great time!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good afternoon, we're back.  First of all, thank you for your messages of condolence regarding my cousin; he was a sweet guy, and I know his presence will be missed.

Now, on to what happened.  DH and I got up, dressed, and stopped at Tim's for a coffee to go this morning.  We hit the highway, I started knitting (as I usually do when DH drives), and enjoyed some tunes on the radio for about an hour or so.  I started telling DH about some of the memories I had of my cousin, and thought I'd pull out the obituary on my phone.  While reading it, I came upon something interesting.  Today isn't Saturday, June 3rd.   That's the date of the memorial service.   LOL  So, we turned around, and came home.  Now we've got the afternoon completely to ourselves with nothing on the agenda, woo hoo!  

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

OMG - thank heavens you found out when you did!

17 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Being able to have breakfast and 3 out of 5 dinners in the Orange Club, plus room service breakfast this morning before disembarking, was wonderful.  There was a 20-minute wait at the border -- otherwise we could have been home sooner.  

We had a great time!

So glad you had a good time and enjoyed the NS and Club Orange.  NS are out of my league now but CO is not and I really thought it was worthwhile on the K.  I’ll book it for any Pinnacle Class ship I am on.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Happy Saturday!  I also saw some of the coronation this morning.  Lots of pomp and circumstance!  The children were darling!  And now the Kentucky Derby is on.  I've been in the basement cutting up scraps of my quilting fabric...making strips for scrap quilts.  As soon as I think I''m close to done, I find another pile!  It's never ending....

I've done scrapbooks, but now it's photo books from Shutterfly.  That's also a job that never seems to be done.  @Vict0riannGood to hear that DH's surgery well, but wow, that's a lot of time to wait for news.  @grapau27Your table setting looks delightful!  @ger_77sorry you started your drive on the wrong day...sounds like something I might do!  I'm trying to put everything on the calendar on my phone now, that seems to help me some!  

It's about time for me to have an "adult beverage!"  Karen

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Just made it home; had breakfast at the MDR with a view of the Volendam. I love the smaller ships and it was nice to see her behind us.

6F030FCB-5B2F-4997-AA05-4893330D9073.thumb.jpeg.310ae744563932eb602c6bce136e92ca.jpeg

We made a few stops on the way back up the mountain to home. Border crossing was only about 15 minutes. 
I’m surprised how much the grass grew in a week.

• Like 19

This is one of those days that nothing much has been accomplished.  I had great plans to mow the yard this morning, and then spend time on Ancestry looking into more ancestor.  Instead, it's been a lazy day, but I think I needed a down day.

2 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Home again, home again. The Annual meeting was short and sweet. I think nearly everyone there had gotten up early to watch the coronation and they were all still sleepy so they did not ask many questions and no one raised any issues. Until my name comes off the checking account I may have to go into sign a couple of checks but that will be it. Feel like the world is off my shoulders.

Will call my cousin tomorrow and tell her that I watched everything. I will probably talk to my sister this evening as I suspect she has gone back to bed this afternoon.... don't blame her.

Susan

Woo Hoo!  🥂 🍾 🎆  Enjoy your new found freedom.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you Lenda!  We were home by noon.  I've checked on my seedlings (I was worried they wouldn't get enough rain) but everything looks good.  

We picked the right cruise to get a Neptune Suite (only our 2nd one in 19 years and got it on a good deal).  This cruise was packed full.  Being able to have breakfast and 3 out of 5 dinners in the Orange Club, plus room service breakfast this morning before disembarking, was wonderful.  There was a 20-minute wait at the border -- otherwise we could have been home sooner.  

We had a great time!

Carolyn, I'm glad you made it home safely, and that everything was all right at home.  We enjoyed our time on Koningsdam, but it was only more than half full on one of the 8 weeks we were on board and the rest of the time there were about 1100-1300 people on board.  I loved the ship, but neither of us think we'll sail on her again if she is full.

12 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

Just made it home; had breakfast at the MDR with a view of the Volendam. I love the smaller ships and it was nice to see her behind us.

6F030FCB-5B2F-4997-AA05-4893330D9073.thumb.jpeg.310ae744563932eb602c6bce136e92ca.jpeg

We made a few stops on the way back up the mountain to home. Border crossing was only about 15 minutes. 

Tony, I'm glad you made it home safely.  We're getting to that time of year when the grass needs to be mowed almost every week.

This is partly how I spent my afternoon.  Now, I'm going to brave the wind and 85F temperature with a heat index in the 90s to take a walk and check the mail.  I need to get moving again.  🤣

343656406_738663291297566_6505450183770617638_n.jpg.a94aaaee8692adb446de1824d2b23f22.jpg

344266525_215276301240512_8997797940509290165_n.thumb.jpg.8b189e872b92fd933f93c33de8ae6140.jpg

344376264_1609336536212543_7627152001506789586_n.thumb.jpg.5796b7d128c57f1d92e20e34cc81b184.jpg

343752246_6125615584191800_6959390615530114575_n.jpg.282728e2ec39da7df472780abe26a2f4.jpg

344124429_765913668337717_5670328677503375300_n.png.0303a69cf3d2f77fbdb3429ba268a2d6.png

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

@1ANGELCATWe went to Breezy Ridge Greenhouse in Oxford and Hilltop Greenhouse in Quarryville and Lone Pine Greenhouse in Kirkwood (biggest).

Happy to find rhubarb.IMG_7367.thumb.jpeg.e363f2e9ec631fea582fd6d34c6141fd.jpeg

Bought twice this many annuals for less than $50(some have already been planted.)IMG_7368.thumb.jpeg.5d06b4dfb0d3e0294d2a06dc7da41c1f.jpeg

Stopped on 222 to buy baked goods too.  Productive day.  Love the garden club.

@bennybear I have an opinions about the coronation  but kept them private because I thought an unspoken rule of this thread was no politics which I appreciate.

I appreciate port info, pictures and the food & beverage department every day.  Thanks to all who contribute with positive comments and messages to those who need them.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Time for me to step in and say I appreciate my Daily buddies!  We don't always agree but try to play nice.  I'm busy working on the latest Shutterfly book so haven't been commenting all day but have been keeping track of new posts.  Just know that my friends here are always on my mind.  Take care!❤️

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On Azamara each cruise segment has a free Azamazing Evening. This week we received a listing of events slated for our 2024  World Cruise segments and offered to all of us booked for entire.

Thought you would enjoy seeing. Scroll down from our Roll Call.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

@bennybear I have an opinions about the coronation  but kept them private because I thought an unspoken rule of this thread was no politics which I appreciate.

The fault is not @bennybear’s but mine apparently.  I posted a meme I thought was funny.  I meant no harm in it and and did end with God Save the King.  Charles is the longest king in waiting in history and I thought it was good.  Apparently I erred.

I didn’t consider it political at all and it was not meant to be.  I actually am a huge royalty history buff.

I think I am at the point of ceasing to post memes - who knows what else Is offensive?

19 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

On Azamara each cruise segment has a free Azamazing Evening. This week we received a listing of events slated for our 2024  World Cruise segments and offered to all of us booked for entire.

Sounds wonderful!  Those special evenings are included I assume.

I can’t leave my man (Ivan) alone or with someone else that long.  I may never get him back LOL 😉 

• Like 15

3 hours ago, 0106 said:

@1ANGELCATWe went to Breezy Ridge Greenhouse in Oxford and Hilltop Greenhouse in Quarryville and Lone Pine Greenhouse in Kirkwood (biggest).

Happy to find rhubarb.IMG_7367.thumb.jpeg.e363f2e9ec631fea582fd6d34c6141fd.jpeg

Bought twice this many annuals for less than $50(some have already been planted.)IMG_7368.thumb.jpeg.5d06b4dfb0d3e0294d2a06dc7da41c1f.jpeg

Stopped on 222 to buy baked goods too.  Productive day.  Love the garden club.

I appreciate port info, pictures and the food & beverage department every day.  Thanks to all who contribute with positive comments and messages to those who need them.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Time for me to step in and say I appreciate my Daily buddies!  We don't always agree but try to play nice.  I'm busy working on the latest Shutterfly book so haven't been commenting all day but have been keeping track of new posts.  Just know that my friends here are always on my mind.  Take care!❤️

I agree, I too appreciate the information and kind and caring concern for each other.   I have always enjoyed what I’ve always considered to be reasonable and respectful discussions.   IMO as long as we are polite that is healthy.  

I  don’t like all the drama,  I have more than enough in my own life, especially as I await my final pathology….   

But my sense of justice is disturbed when I see one long contributing poster unfairly targeted.  Especially by posters who just pop in to complain.

I enjoy the royals, we were fortunate to see Prince William and Catherine  on their honeymoon, in our city.

image.jpeg.4eb735cccb021aa07e10deebc389161a.jpeg

IMG_4775.jpeg

IMG_4774.jpeg

IMG_4773.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

I posted a meme I thought was funny.  I meant no harm in it and and did end with God Save the King.  Charles is the longest king in waiting in history and I thought it was good.  Apparently I erred.

I didn’t consider it political at all and it was not meant to be.  I actually am a huge royalty history buff.

I think I am at the point of ceasing to post memes - who knows what else Is offensive?

Jacqui,

Thank you for all of your generous contributions to the Daily. When I saw the meme about Charles, I did not see it as political or offensive. It gave me (as a 67-year-old male) some hope that I still have time to figure out what I am going to do with my life. It gave me a much-needed chuckle. It was obviously meant to be humor.

I believe that if any of us are paying even a minimal amount of attention, we know that you meant no harm. 

I realize that anything we say or do can be offensive to someone at any time. "If at all possible, live peaceably with all," doesn't mean we stop living out of fear; it does mean that when we have accidentally offended someone, we ask forgiveness (as you have consistently done over the years). 

Please take this as it is intended (tongue in cheek): Jacqui, I would find it offensive if you stopped posting memes (wink,wink). 

Have a blessed day, and thanks again for all that you contribute. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Bruce, it looks like you will have a wonderful, memorable experience.  Enjoy it to the fullest!

33 minutes ago, kazu said:

The fault is not @bennybear’s but mine apparently.  I posted a meme I thought was funny.  I meant no harm in it and and did end with God Save the King.  Charles is the longest king in waiting in history and I thought it was good.  Apparently I erred.

I can’t leave my man (Ivan) alone or with someone else that long.  I may never get him back LOL 😉 

Please don't cease posting memes!  We love them and we know they are meant to be humorous.  Please don't let one intolerant person stop what the rest of us enjoy.  ❤️

8 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I agree, I too appreciate the information and kind and caring concern for each other.   I have always enjoyed what I’ve always considered to be reasonable and respectful discussions.   IMO as long as we are polite that is healthy.  

I  don’t like all the drama,  I have more than enough in my own life, especially as I await my final pathology….   

But my sense of justice is disturbed when I see one long contributing poster unfairly targeted.  Especially by posters who just pop in to complain.

Very well said Brenda!

3 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

Jacqui,

Thank you for all of your generous contributions to the Daily. When I saw the meme about Charles, I did not see it as political or offensive. It gave me (as a 67-year-old male) some hope that I still have time to figure out what I am going to do with my life. It gave me a much-needed chuckle. It was obviously meant to be humor.

I believe that if any of us are paying even a minimal amount of attention, we know that you meant no harm. 

I realize that anything we say or do can be offensive to someone at any time. "If at all possible, live peaceably with all," doesn't mean we stop living out of fear; it does mean that when we have accidentally offended someone, we ask forgiveness (as you have consistently done over the years). 

Please take this as it is intended (tongue in cheek): Jacqui, I would find it offensive if you stopped posting memes (wink,wink). 

I agree.  Thank you to Jacqui, and thank YOU for your input here as well.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

@kazu  Please don’t stop posting memes. Your contribution and the other memes posted, particularly the hcat ones, are very appreciated. I often send them on to my brother.

Bless you for giving Ivan a home. My brother adopted an elderly dog whose BC42FE78-79B6-4B8B-8ED8-CE17138BCD17.thumb.jpeg.4c7daba8dcf7fbcbe77a29e93cb5fff1.jpegowner was going into a nursing home. All older dogs deserve a comfortable ‘retirement’. 
Best wishes to all.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

It was wonderful docking behind you, the Koningsdam. The view from the Crow’s Nest. 

13354C40-ED21-4CDC-980D-D629DF151DD0.thumb.jpeg.42c0fdb36973a423f6a7ee5d06c5004a.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

The car in the 1960s film The Love Bug was named Herbie.

I don't love macaroni and cheese even when made with low-lactose ingredients, and it is hard for me to imagine making it in a slow cooker. The steak restaurant on NCL offers it as a side with steaks, and I am incredulous when people order it as to my mind they don't go together at all.

I'll skip the newest fake martinia and I don't really like Malbec. And I haven't been to Moreton Island, but you could have guessed that.

This morning at the synagogue several people were absent, having told us that they were getting up in the middle of the night to watch the Coronation and would go back to bed after it. In honor of the occasion we sang several of the prayers to the musical settings most often used in British synagogues, only some of which are regularly sung in the U.S. We didn't try to fit any of the prayers to British patriotic songs, as we do with U.S. patriotic songs for the Fourth of July.

We also had a lunch, not in honor of King Charles, but for our former rabbinic intern, who has moved to the North Country. He's still some way from ordination, but is a licensed surveyor and took a job with local government there. The lunch was unbalanced (no coronation quiche or coronation chicken) and my blood sugar plummeted around 5:00 p.m., just as I was starting to prepare dinner (veg burger, orange and purple cauliflower, fruit and kefir).

vanna.thumb.jpg.edf2eeb3f8210412d74bacbf07ee47bf.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Yes included on every segmented cruise.

• Like 6

I went in to see Pat this morning, and again this afternoon with DD.  He is doing well, it seems.  He was up and walking around this afternoon, he hates the "compression leggings" and is hoping they will take them off so he can sleep tonight.  Still multiple tubes in and out, but he is quite chirpy, and made a few jokes when the surgeon came in for a visit.  We didn't stay too long this afternoon, I just wanted to be sure his dinner was clear fluids, this morning they gave him cream of wheat, which he promptly threw up!  DD has been told to make him congee for tomorrow.  Yuck.  I might make him some jello.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Jacqui, I have qiven your post a lot of thought.  If I've learned one thing the past three years between the lockdown, political tension, and stresses in our everyday lives, in addition to tloerance, we need humor.  Yes, compassion and understanding are essential, but without the relief humor provides, we lose an important part of what makes us human.  As soneone who has just recently begun posting many memes, I am cognizant that what I find funny may offend someone else.  I do my best to avoid anything I thing might be even slightly offensive, and I'm sure you do the same thing.  I'm also sure that sometime either a meme of something I'll say will be upsetting to someone, which will never be my intention.  I have always enjoyed your memes and will be disappointed if you stop posting them.  BTW, even in Texas, Charles worked hard while waiting to assume the job he was destined to have.

30 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

Jacqui,

Well, said.  I totally agree.

43 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I enjoy the royals, we were fortunate to see Prince William and Catherine  on their honeymoon, in our city.

image.jpeg.4eb735cccb021aa07e10deebc389161a.jpeg

IMG_4775.jpeg

IMG_4774.jpeg

IMG_4773.jpeg

Brenda, well said.  The Daily and the Dailyites have become an important part of my life due the caring, support, and polite discussions and even the occasional disagreement.   I hope you get your pathology results soon and they arre good.

29 minutes ago, daisybertie said:

@kazu  Please don’t stop posting memes. Your contribution and the other memes posted, particularly the hcat ones, are very appreciated. I often send them on to my brother.

Bless you for giving Ivan a home. My brother adopted an elderly dog whose BC42FE78-79B6-4B8B-8ED8-CE17138BCD17.thumb.jpeg.4c7daba8dcf7fbcbe77a29e93cb5fff1.jpegowner was going into a nursing home. All older dogs deserve a comfortable ‘retirement’. 
Best wishes to all.

I love the picture of the dog and cat together.

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I went in to see Pat this morning, and again this afternoon with DD.  He is doing well, it seems.  He was up and walking around this afternoon, he hates the "compression leggings" and is hoping they will take them off so he can sleep tonight.  Still multiple tubes in and out, but he is quite chirpy, and made a few jokes when the surgeon came in for a visit.  We didn't stay too long this afternoon, I just wanted to be sure his dinner was clear fluids, this morning they gave him cream of wheat, which he promptly threw up!  DD has been told to make him congee for tomorrow.  Yuck.  I might make him some jello.

Ann, I'm glad Pat is doing well.  The jello sounds likee a better option.  Get some rest tonight.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4