The "Perfect" day - $169 please

Loved the place! 

- You don't have to pay a single penny to enjoy "a perfect day" at Coco Cay. 

- Plenty of chairs by the ocean ... set up in groups of 2 or 4 with an umbrella and a table between them.

- Large hammocks in near-total shade. 

- The pool is kinda loud for my taste, but it's no-cost. 

- If those grandchildren are young, the pirate ship playground is totally cool.  

- Little Free Library near Chill Island, if you forget your reading material.  

- They have snorkel gear, but I'm not sure whether it's free or for rent ... I only use my own.  

- Food is good.  If you have a drink package, it's good on the island. 

- If part of your family wants to return to the ship, it's easy to split up.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

I just checked for our sailing and the water park is $96.99. Are you looking at the water park or the Beach Club?

Prices can vary greatly by sailing based on time of year, what ship(s) are there, number of passes sold, etc. The water park is $160.99 for my Wonder cruise next month.

Edited by OCSC Mike

10 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Prices can vary greatly by sailing based on time of year, what ship(s) are there, number of passes sold, etc. The water park is $160.99 for my Wonder cruise next month.

Dang!  I’m sorry, but IMO, no water park is worth that!  😮

1 minute ago, monorail81 said:

No need to apologize, different things are worth different amounts to different people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monorail81 said:

Apparently there are many that would disagree with you. On a Cruisecritic article today, revenue from perfect day at Coco Cay is driving revenue these days.

7 hours ago, sealeggs said:

Well consider me one of the suckers. My wife and i took the plunge and got the waterpark excursions for our 4 grandsons. We will be there on June 5th on Wonder. My fear is there will be other RCI ships docked there also. it will be bad enough with 6000 people just from our ship. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers!!!

Not everyone gets off the ship to go to cococay.   There are a lot of people that love staying onboard and having a quiet ship for some of the day.

Plus a lot of people stagger times to get on and off ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monorail81 said:

I just checked for our sailing and the water park is $96.99. Are you looking at the water park or the Beach Club?

Water park is $88.99 for a future sailing later this summer.     Beach Club is $160.99 for my sailing

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Water park is $88.99 for a future sailing later this summer.     Beach Club is $160.99 for my sailing

Your prices are on the extreme low end these days.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

We've booked a cruise with extended family on Wonder, and I'm thinking everything is more expensive on this ship.  

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Not everyone gets off the ship to go to cococay.   There are a lot of people that love staying onboard and having a quiet ship for some of the day.

Plus a lot of people stagger times to get on and off ship.

Eh, this board isn't united in many things, but the love of Coco Cay is almost universal.  I don't think it's fair to say "a lot of people" stay onboard ... at least not the whole day.

9 hours ago, sealeggs said:

Well consider me one of the suckers. My wife and i took the plunge and got the waterpark excursions for our 4 grandsons. We will be there on June 5th on Wonder. My fear is there will be other RCI ships docked there also. it will be bad enough with 6000 people just from our ship. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers!!!

If you bought for 4 grandsons, did you also buy for yourself as well? Because at that point, a waterpark cabana (which includes entry for 6 people to the water park) might make sense, depending on if there are any still available.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rockmom said:

If you bought for 4 grandsons, did you also buy for yourself as well? Because at that point, a waterpark cabana (which includes entry for 6 people to the water park) might make sense, depending on if there are any still available.  

There are 10 of us and all of have the waterpark passes. 

8 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Eh, this board isn't united in many things, but the love of Coco Cay is almost universal.  I don't think it's fair to say "a lot of people" stay onboard ... at least not the whole day.

I was simply saying that if on a ship with 6000 passengers not all 6000 passengers will get off the ship.   

18 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

It's dragging for me, lol. If you need any info, you know where to find me. No gratuity expected. 😁

Whoah, whoah, whoooooooooah, there fellow.

You will soon be getting a "cease and desist" letter from RCI using those words in one of their customer blogs. 🤐

• Haha 1

We were on the Oasis this past October and only paid $56 a person.  Regular price was $80.  I don't understand how it has more than doubled.  We thought the waterpark was great but I wouldn't spend more than $80 to go.  We are on oasis again June 30 and its $170 on sale...

6 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

I don't understand how it has more than doubled.

Supply & demand, inflation, etc.

You have to forget about past deals and just go by the new normal. Either the new prices are worth it to you or they're not. Someone is paying those prices.

For many years I have been booking random last minute deals or using the GGG sale b/c we live an hour from PC. I used to get prices like $599pp 3-weeks out on Oasis for 7-nights in the summer. As recently as this past October we went on Indy for $129pp for 4-nights during a GGG sale.

Now? I'm happy to be able to get on Wonder for under $1000pp during the times my wife is free which, as a teacher, are unfortunately busy/expensive times like Spring Break and Summer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sealeggs said:

There are 10 of us and all of have the waterpark passes. 

Check prices for individuals vs getting a cabana inside the water park to put all of your stuff. DH and I had a water park cabana awhile back and, to my recollection, it included 8 water park passes, not 6. So, getting a cabana may be well worth it for you! Doesn't hurt to check. Enjoy!

10 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Check prices for individuals vs getting a cabana inside the water park to put all of your stuff. DH and I had a water park cabana awhile back and, to my recollection, it included 8 water park passes, not 6. So, getting a cabana may be well worth it for you! Doesn't hurt to check. Enjoy!

We have a waterpark cabana reserved for June and the max is 6...maybe they changed it??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ReRe71 said:

We have a waterpark cabana reserved for June and the max is 6...maybe they changed it??

Just checked the cabana price for our upcoming cruise and it indeed says 6 people max. It still may be cheaper to get the cabana vs 6 day passes. We enjoyed having a place to put our "stuff", as well as the cabana attendant brings food and drinks directly to your cabana!

1 minute ago, SilkySal said:

Just checked the cabana price for our upcoming cruise and it indeed says 6 people max. It still may be cheaper to get the cabana vs 6 day passes. We enjoyed having a place to put our "stuff", as well as the cabana attendant brings food and drinks directly to your cabana!

I agree, waterpark tickets for our sailing are $150/person, cabana was $1300 but worth it for us to have our own space. Had a Oasis Lagoon cabana in December and was spoiled so cabanas are a must for us lol 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 10:33 AM, SilkySal said:

Yes, lots of all inclusive on the island, pools, food and shade! Only pay for water park, upscale resort area, some loungers with umbrellas, day beds, snorkel equipment, balloon ride, etc. Ship drink packages can also be used at bars on the island. You can enjoy the island all day without paying a dime, if you so choose! Cheers!

I saw on the map that there is a childrens splash park and a pirate ship is that free or in the waterpark area? We have 2 small children and the cost of the water park seems high since they are not 40 inches tall for the slides