Security needs to monitor the foul language

BETSY DOLL

First time on Celebration! Love it!! I’m a platinum cruiser and not shocked by much that goes on here. However, this week at the Serenity pool the “children” are out of hand. Lots of foul, loud, obnoxious idiots who need to be disciplined and removed.

they have a rotating attendant over the pool who does nothing. This is an all adult venue, supposed to be serene for relaxing.

so far, not happening. This will be a formal complaint when I get home. If you recognize yourself, please go to your cabin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

While I understand the op's frustration, policing language would be difficult ( and really not Carnival's job).  What is offensive to some might not be to others.  Security is to monitor for safety and for breaking the very broad rules.  Offensive language does not fall into either category IMHO

baf

• Like 16

I just put my EarPods in and listen to my music - not really what is being said around me.  People seem to think they "own" a spot - whether it be in Serenity, outside our cabin at 2 a.m. having a very, very loud conversation or yelling down the hall to others, etc.  Lack of common courtesy seems to have taken a vacation in many settings.

• Like 10

If its in the Serenity area the enforcement should be about the kids being there period not what they were saying.  It is quite clearly marked as an adult area.

• Like 20

We live in a world where people are easily offended. Some people are offended simply by your personal topic of conversation and feel it isn't appropriate for a cruise. The best thing you can do is leave and come back at a later time or throw some earbuds in and continue to enjoy your cruise.

• Like 3

Security is for sure not going to monitor language. And honestly the guys that stand by at the pools, are they security? I don’t really think they are. I remember they’re really just watching to make sure you follow the pool rules like no running, no diving etc.  

4 minutes ago, cruiserNC said:

We live in a world where people are easily offended. Some people are offended simply by your personal topic of conversation and feel it isn't appropriate for a cruise. The best thing you can do is leave and come back at a later time or throw some earbuds in and continue to enjoy your cruise.

Carnival Cruise Lines Celebration 80s Promo Video

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

The above 80's video of the Carnival Celebration, showed how passengers behaved much better than now, with this Kathie Lee Gifford classic.

I’m not disagreeing with you, I agree that as a whole, not just on cruises, kids probably behaved better 25-30 years ago. But either way, Carnival isn’t going to police language of guests. They cannot and don’t have time for it. 
Now, if the “kids” in serenity were being rowdy, or doing something against the rules, yes they could enforce it. They could remind them of the rules or ask them to leave. If you’re removed so many times you don’t get to come back. But I just don’t think they’re going to do that over language. 

3 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

The above 80's video of the Carnival Celebration, showed how passengers behaved much better than now, with this Kathie Lee Gifford classic.

"  I can't decide between the Steak or Lobster"  "Have them both, you can have anything you like & never see a bill!"

• Haha 2

I overhear people talking their stupid politics. Can I go get a security person and tell them to tell the other passenger to stop talking about their politics and political preferences while within earshot of me?

I also hate the NY Jets, if someone is talking about the NY Jets, I am calling security.

• Like 6
  • Haha 24

I will never understand cussing and profanity, especially around strangers, and never will.  With that said, security should not monitor bad language.  You can always offer soap to the person so they can wash their mouth out.   LOL!  Maybe not.  HA!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, gkbiiii said:

The times we live in: I bet during the 80's, Religion & Politics are not discussed on cruises, though sports probably. 

Honestly, I feel like the discussion of politics has been around forever. Maybe not religion, but I’m certain politics has been discussed. 

It's tough because excessive profanity is often a sign that a situation is escalating. And we know Carnival has issues with fighting onboard. But at the same time they don't want to be in the position of being the "fun police" so to speak, nor should they.

• Thanks 1

I was on Sunshine last week and there was a woman at Alchemy who quite loudly announced someone was a "motherf*******" for all to hear.  Unfortunately I was right next to her, waiting for a drink to be made.  When her date left, she placed her sandaled feet on the stool.  I noticed other passengers nearby grimacing but no one said anything.  The noisy woman turned to me and said "I'm sorry"  and I said "for what?".  She said "the karaoke song.  It's so slow".

She was probably in the Serenity pool before that.🤣 

• Haha 4

The only language I don't want to hear is anything that is offensive regarding race, gender, and religion. Other than that we can't the cursing and other bad words, this is why I use headphones when I am out on deck.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

I overhear people talking their stupid politics. Can I go get a security person and tell them to tell the other passenger to stop talking about their politics and political preferences while within earshot of me?

I also hate the NY Jets, if someone is talking about the NY Jets, I am calling security.

No NY Jet talk, lets go Buffalo......lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The whole thing with drinking is to loosen up and lower inhibitions. Help to relax and chill.

It is because of this relaxed attitude and lower inhibitions, people tend to get louder and also relax that internal censor that minds our tongues.

But always remember, "in vino veritas."

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

The times we live in: I bet during the 80's, Religion & Politics are not discussed on cruises, though sports probably. 

Those have been discussed in every forum people gather ever since they were invented.

On cruises in the golden era (you pick what that means), it could mean stuffy old men wearing smoking jackets drinking port and smoking cigars while discussing the rise of the British Empire and plans to annex some part of the world, with all the explicit and implicit references to religion and politics that would entail.

And there's nothing wrong with discussing politics and religion "in general" (even if banned here) - the issue is that if there is the slightest disagreement then it turns into a "fight", rather than a polite discussion as to why the participants disagree.  And if no-one disagrees, then it turns into a love fest filled with "bash-the-other-side while they aren't here" commentary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1