Passport Renewal

BND

This is the current timeline on the State Department's website:

Routine 10 to 13 weeks
Expedited 7 to 9 weeks
Expedited at Agency Must have international travel within 14 calendar days

My renewal was received by the Passport Agency on May 9th -- status still shows "In Process"

5 hours ago, ORD1166 said:

All,

Here is the time line for our passport renewal.

Mailed in renewal forms on 1 Apr

State Department got forms 4 Apr

State Department approved new passport  23 Jun

Got new passport 28 Jun

Total time was 89 days or 12.5 weeks.

Hope this info helps everyone on what the time line is right now.

Vic

I'm pretty sure you are talking about a renewal but you mentioned renewal and new so I want to make sure. Can you confirm that this is for a renewal?

9 hours ago, ORD1166 said:

All,

Here is the time line for our passport renewal.

Mailed in renewal forms on 1 Apr

State Department got forms 4 Apr

State Department approved new passport  23 Jun

Got new passport 28 Jun

Total time was 89 days or 12.5 weeks.

Hope this info helps everyone on what the time line is right now.

Vic

That was my experience as well, but if you're in a crunch, do the expedited.  You'll get it!!

17 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm pretty sure you are talking about a renewal but you mentioned renewal and new so I want to make sure. Can you confirm that this is for a renewal?

Yes it was a renewal

Recently took a cruise out of Bayonne to Bermuda and used Birth certificate and driver's license.

We have B2B Bayonne to Quebec City. And then the return. Can we use the birth certificate on these cruises?

On 7/1/2023 at 10:12 PM, artvlay said:

Recently took a cruise out of Bayonne to Bermuda and used Birth certificate and driver's license.

We have B2B Bayonne to Quebec City. And then the return. Can we use the birth certificate on these cruises?

One-way cruises that disembark in another country require a passport - even though you have a B2B to return.

I applied Mar 28, received Apr 3.  Today is 13 weeks and still in process.  DOT is 8/11 and only need it for the White Pass train.  So I hope I get passport and no strike or all this stress was for nothing.  🤪

• Like 1

17 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Probably disclosing my age, but I recall receiving my first passport about 3 weeks after completing application.   No special rush requested - just done  in a time when many things seem to have been done better.

As someone whose first passport was issued in 1969, “done better” was in a time when many fewer passports were being issued and subjected to a much lower level of security.  

1 minute ago, Suzanne123 said:

My daughter just received her (expedited) renewed passport exactly five weeks since she mailed it. 😊

Perhaps both State Department and the cruise lines are following the same suggestion from their consultants: start charging extra fees for things which used to be included in basic charges:  the cruise lines for well prepared, well served meals, and the State Department for reasonable turn-around time on passport renewals.

19 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Perhaps both State Department and the cruise lines are following the same suggestion from their consultants: start charging extra fees for things which used to be included in basic charges:  the cruise lines for well prepared, well served meals, and the State Department for reasonable turn-around time on passport renewals.

Check out this recent article in Travel & Leisure: The State Department is offering a new way for travelers to apply for passports - what to know https://apple.news/Ag9UUYNv_S72UPewriDUaew

It notes that the department is receiving up to 500,000 applications per week.  In response the department is offering

“The “Special Passport Acceptance Fairs” will be held at public libraries, recreation centers, and local city administrative offices. A majority of the events are in California and New Jersey, but several others are taking place in Alabama, Florida, Michigan, Missouri, Texas, and Wisconsin. New events are added weekly, and the full schedule is available in the U.S. Department of State’s website.”

Why hasn't our government given more $$ to the State Depatement for this issue?

They need to fund this great need. They seem to fund other great needs.

JMHO

Maybe it is a question for our Senators and Representatives. Would it help it we contacted them about our concerns? Seems like a right to have good government service for this.

This does affect the travel industry and the economy. 🙂