CK Reservation Question

When you make a CK dinner reservation (ahead of time via Suite Concierge though I doubt that matters), does it go into the system as a 2-hour block that can't conflict with anything else you may have booked (a show) like specialty dining would?

10 minutes ago, BLiles1961 said:

When we made our reservations for CK, we indicated a time that was preferable for us and had no problems getting it.

Thanks but that wasn't really my question. I'm familiar with that part. We plan to make CK reservations for 6pm every night... with all our booked shows being 8:00 or later.

However, there is one particular night we want to eat a bit later (7pm) and I have a show reserved at 8:30pm (but it's a duplicate that I could easily cancel, I just booked duplicates for shows that I could for "just in case" scenarios). If an 8:30 show reservation would block me making a 7pm CK reservation, I would just cancel the show ahead of time.

Hopefully someone can answer my original question. I like to keep things as simple as possible when e-mailing the suite concierge pre-cruise.

Edited by OCSC Mike

32 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

When you make a CK dinner reservation (ahead of time via Suite Concierge though I doubt that matters), does it go into the system as a 2-hour block that can't conflict with anything else you may have booked (a show) like specialty dining would?

I don’t think so and I don’t recall it showing up in the app.  I could be wrong, someone onboard could perhaps confirm.  We had a standing 6pm reservation on our last cruise and definitely had reservations for early evening shows with our kids.  We were usually in and out in an hour.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, topnole said:

I don’t think so and I don’t recall it showing up in the app.  I could be wrong, someone onboard could perhaps confirm.  We had a standing 6pm reservation on our last cruise and definitely had reservations for early evening shows with our kids.  We were usually in and out in an hour. 

Thanks, I know the meals won't last 2 hours, that's just what the IT system seems to block out for them.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think so, or the concierge can override it. I know that when we were on Harmony last year we ate most of our dinners in CK and frequently went straight to a show afterwards.

40 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks, I know the meals won't last 2 hours, that's just what the IT system seems to block out for them.

I know.  I was just mentioning that because I know our shows were inside of that 2 hour window because we have kids and in and out fast.  On Symphony last time there were show cancellations and we couldn’t get a reservation for one or two rescheduled events.  The concierge walked us down and right into the show (express elevator as well).    So if you do have a show with no reservations left, ask them what they can do to help.  You may get help you didn’t expect.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, topnole said:

I know.  I was just mentioning that because I know our shows were inside of that 2 hour window because we have kids and in and out fast.  On Symphony last time there were show cancellations and we couldn’t get a reservation for one or two rescheduled events.  The concierge walked us down and right into the show (express elevator as well).    So if you do have a show with no reservations left, ask them what they can do to help.  You may get help you didn’t expect.  

Thanks, we had an issue with adult comedy reservations last year (the wonderful app decided to change them on its own, lol) and the concierge said he would walk us into the show if he had to.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

No, the CK reservation system does not appear to connect with the other restaurant venues and doesn't appear in the app or on the daily calendar (at least in our experience).

Edited by orville99
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks, we had an issue with adult comedy reservations last year (the wonderful app decided to change them on its own, lol) and the concierge said he would walk us into the show if he had to.

Should have added that if you make reservations anywhere else (including the Solarium Bistro, any of the other specialty restaurants, or the MDR), the app will lock you out for a 2 hour block. That's where the suite concierge can be a life saver.

49 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Should have added that if you make reservations anywhere else (including the Solarium Bistro, any of the other specialty restaurants, or the MDR), the app will lock you out for a 2 hour block. That's where the suite concierge can be a life saver.

Yeah, that's exactly why I asked about CK. Thanks again.

CK never shows in the app and i do find that a bit frustrating. when i asked about it before my cruise they said

Reservation will be made and appear in your Royal App one day prior boarding as this is the moment when we can take over of anyone’s reservations.

but thats outright false. in person she told us they cannot appear in the app. so you dont know until you board what your times are so you can plan other things. the good news is last week they gave me 90 percent of the times i wanted on oasis so i was lucky

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

in person she told us they cannot appear in the app. so you dont know until you board what your times are so you can plan other things. the good news is last week they gave me 90 percent of the times i wanted on oasis so i was lucky

We got our concierge e-mail last night for next Sunday on Wonder (a bit early but I'm not complaining). I would hope they'd tell me via e-mail in advance that our request was granted (or if we have to move anything). We asked for a standing reservation at the same time every night (with one exception).

this was the email: wasnt 100 percent:

Currently there are no reasons why the reservation for you can't be made as our Suite guests is our priority.

Reservation will be made and appear in your Royal App one day prior boarding as this is the moment when we can take over of anyone’s reservations.

Please forgive me for not being to give you 100% guarantee but we for sure will take care about it best of our and Dining team ability.

4 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

So you can contact the concierge before boarding and have them book your CK reservations before you board? We want the same time every night. How far in advance do we request that?

our letter came a week out this year. last year was 2 weeks. unsure if they accept things before their letter

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

So you can contact the concierge before boarding and have them book your CK reservations before you board? We want the same time every night. How far in advance do we request that?

You will receive an e-mail from the suite concierges introducing themselves, giving you info, etc. It has historically usually been 5-6 days before sailing but nothing is set in stone obviously.

Just respond to that e-mail with your CK requests (and anything else you want to ask/request).

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Our email from the concierge on Oasis came 8 days before embarkation day.  They handled all the reservation for our UDP and CK.  I had already booked my shows (Cats, Aqua80 and the Ice show) but they booked an additional show for us that I never booked, the adult comedy show.  The concierge will do whatever they can for you if you ask.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Our experience is that we get the Concierge email week of cruise. 5ish days prior to departure. We put in our CK requests and ask for a show schedule for the week. After the pandemic restart, show schedules were very fluid. They seemed to have calmed down now and if there is a conflict with a show, we have the Concierge move our dinner. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

We put in our CK requests and ask for a show schedule for the week. After the pandemic restart, show schedules were very fluid. They seemed to have calmed down now and if there is a conflict with a show, we have the Concierge move our dinner.

By all means, do whatever works best for you but the show schedules are now out 30-60 days before sailing and can be reserved on your own.

We did it your way when it was the only option but have since switched back.

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

By all means, do whatever works best for you but the show schedules are now out 30-60 days before sailing and can be reserved on your own.

We did it your way when it was the only option but have since switched back.

But not all shows are reservable. And the online schedules, at least from what I see, change up until the week of cruise. If we want to see a show, we'll move our CK dining times around.