Infinity - No Murano

hampshirelad

Just found these sites with photos of the original specialty restaurants on these ships.   They were pretty special places - where we shared many happy meals.

Olympic Restaurant on Millennium:   https://entrepreneursodyssey.com/speciality-dinner-in-the-olympic-restaurant-on-celebrity-millennium/

SS United States Restaurant on Infinity:   http://www.cruisetotravel.com/2014/05/11/s-s-united-states-celebrity-infinity/

Normandie Restaurant on Summit (these panels are the ones now on Edge:   

Celebrity Summit - IMG_4568

Ocean Liners Restaurant on Constellation:  

Celebrity Constellation - 100_4280

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, jelayne said:

We were on the Summit in early May and we thought the food at dinner in the MDR was very good to excellent. We didn’t go there for breakfast or lunch.

But we're talking about the Infinity. We were very disappointed with the food. Here's a picture of the sad, thin prime rib:

PXL_20230524_165750940.jpg

20 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

But we're talking about the Infinity. We were very disappointed with the food. Here's a picture of the sad, thin prime rib:

Honestly, that may be the saddest slice of "Prime Rib" that I've ever seen.

It is time for Celebrity to revamp or swap out Tuscan. The food has gone way downhill since covid and really miss the fine dining on the Millenium class ships. We have a Infinity cruise next month and will most likely be our first cruise ever without a specialty restaurant visit. Thats how disappointed we were with our Tuscan visits on the Summit this past January and on Reflection in December. Murano is consitently wonderful!

Edited by LINGBER
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, George C said:

My prime rib in the specialty restaurant on beyond didn’t look any better.

We noticed that on Beyond as well. The days of the big, juicy steaks seem to be gone. Our ribeyes in Fine Cut were just sad looking 😞  

6 minutes ago, LINGBER said:

We noticed that on Beyond as well. The days of the big, juicy steaks seem to be gone. Our ribeyes in Fine Cut were just sad looking 😞  

We did edge right after it started cruising again and I got one of the best prime ribs I ever had , but last couple of cruises Luminae and specialty went a lit down hill , but Le Petit Chef was excellent. Tuscan on summit was also terrible.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2023 at 10:44 PM, mahdnc said:

Wow, you got to sail on the all time Blue Riband champ!  How cool is that?  When I lived in Philadelphia, I could see her berthed and wasting away on the Delaware River--a shadow of her former self.  I think she is still there.

She was still there as of last summer when I was in Philadelphia. I saw her when I was in a taxi going across a bridge and she caught my attention to such an extent that I immediately Googled to find out what ship it was...

Very sad state she's in now.

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

She was still there as of last summer when I was in Philadelphia. I saw her when I was in a taxi going across a bridge and she caught my attention to such an extent that I immediately Googled to find out what ship it was...

Very sad state she's in now.

Yeah, it's sad. I know when I lived in Philly, she came close going to the scrapper. There always a preservation effort going, but lotsa money is needed. 

On 6/15/2023 at 4:34 PM, LINGBER said:

It is time for Celebrity to revamp or swap out Tuscan. The food has gone way downhill since covid and really miss the fine dining on the Millenium class ships. We have a Infinity cruise next month and will most likely be our first cruise ever without a specialty restaurant visit. Thats how disappointed we were with our Tuscan visits on the Summit this past January and on Reflection in December. Murano is consitently wonderful!

Tuscan has gone south since they changed the original menu many years ago.  We tried it a few times and finally we said "enough".  Murano still offers an exceptional meal.  What Tuscan has going for it on the S-Class ships is the view.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, keesar said:

Tuscan has gone south since they changed the original menu many years ago.  We tried it a few times and finally we said "enough".  Murano still offers an exceptional meal.  What Tuscan has going for it on the S-Class ships is the view.  

Agree about the view on S class. One of our cruise highlights has always been first evening dining in Tuscan slowly watching day turn into night…

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 7:19 PM, patty1955 said:

Did you send it back?

14 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

I never think to do that.

Must confess to rarely sending food back myself…It does spoil the flow of the meal for everyone but if I had received that pathetic piece of meat I might have done!

We only did Murano once about ten years ago , it wasn’t crowded at all just a few couples , but one woman seemed to be having a issue with her partner, shortly after there entree arrived she picked up her plate and threw it at the gentleman, I thought it was the best entertainment we saw that week.

• Haha 2

The posts about the original specialty restaurants on M class ships brought back memories of our very first cruise, which was on Millennium, departing Venice in late May 2006. We celebrated our 15th anniversary in the gorgeous Olympic restaurant. Everything about our meal was superb. I found the menu copy that was provided to guests in those days. I’m posting photos of the menu.

We have since celebrated many special occasions in Murano, but Murano is simply not comparable to the Olympic Restaurant.

IMG_2689.jpeg

IMG_2690.jpeg

IMG_2691.jpeg

IMG_2692.jpeg

Edited by Silkroad
  • Thanks 2

On 6/15/2023 at 5:06 PM, neverlaysup said:

The need to replace the Tuscan Grill with Murano on M class ships. The existing room is quite large so maybe a split in two for another venue. Tuscan Grill is always pretty slow when we sail on M class ships.

They could turn it into a conservatory at sea and sell expensive artificial floral arrangements by Emilio Robba. 

• Haha 2