Celebrity needs to get their pricing together

jakebloke

Does this make any sense Celebrity?  Anyone?  A full mock booking cruise only fare for 2 people is $2300.  The all included ‘best value’ is $8061.  Complete insanity.  I’ve seen this a few other times as well.  

IMG_2233.jpeg

• Like 1

Have you done the math to determine if in fact that there is a savings of $200 - $800 is accurate for this sailing???

Without knowing length and etc., it is difficult for anyone to know 'definitely' how "insane" the pricing is.

On its' face, yes you are correct there appears to be a wide spread, yet without having additional information, I for one, cannot comment on the sanity or lack thereof in this pricing...

bon voyage

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Assuming this is the Silhouette (based on the date in the fine print of your screenshot), it appears the lower price you are quoting is a deeply discounted guarantee cruise only rate likely meant to fill the ship now that final payment has likely passed. Celebrity likely is willing to deeply discount the cruise part to fill the ship but doesn’t want to lose money on all the extras people buy. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Assuming this is the Silhouette (based on the date in the fine print of your screenshot), it appears the lower price you are quoting is a deeply discounted guarantee cruise only rate likely meant to fill the ship now that final payment has likely passed. Celebrity likely is willing to deeply discount the cruise part to fill the ship but doesn’t want to lose money on all the extras people buy. 

pr thank you very much, I could not see "the fine print" yet could only respond based on what was shown...

Goes to show that the 'fine details' make a difference, as well...

bon voyage

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jakebloke said:

Does this make any sense Celebrity?  Anyone?  A full mock booking cruise only fare for 2 people is $2300.  The all included ‘best value’ is $8061.  Complete insanity.  I’ve seen this a few other times as well.  

IMG_2233.jpeg

If this isn't an IT mistake it's absolutey ridiculous pricing......

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

If this isn't an IT mistake it's absolutey ridiculous pricing......

g115 please see post #3...

It is not an IT error... the OP's omission of pertinent information.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 2

This common with the GTY pricing.  The cruise only shows the deep discount.   The AI price will be the same as the pick your cabin and doesn't have the deep discount.    I'm not sure why they even bother to show the AI pricing with GTY, they should make you back out and select the non-gty rate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

g115 please see post #3...

It is not an IT error... the OP's omission of pertinent information.

bon voyage

I just did a mock booking.  Yes it's a guarantee and has nothing included.  The price with tips, internet and drinks included is the difference.  NOT a different rooms.

THAT is worth is $2,293 per person more (the difference in the mock booking I just did)?  It's a 10 day cruise.  I stand by the statement that the pricing is ridiculous.

Edited by Gracie115
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I just did a mock booking.  Yes it's a guarantee and has nothing included.  The price with tips, internet and drinks included is the difference.  NOT a different rooms.

THAT is worth is $2,293 per person more (the difference in the mock booking I just did)?  It's a 10 day cruise.  I stand by the statement that the pricing is ridiculous.

What is the price of the cabin if not a guarantee rate?

2 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Price out a verandah where you get to select your room and you will see the difference between cruise only and AI is $75 pp/pd which is right in line with typical AI pricing. 

They want to fill the ship and are willing to take a loss on the cruise fare but not the add-ons. This makes perfect sense after final payment when there are still plenty of cabins to book. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I understand that the AI pricing is similar to booking a specific cabin (however it’s a little cheaper to book a sunset verandah than a guarantee).  I guess it’s how you look at it.  I really should look at it as the cruise only rate is a phenomenal deal and it would be ridiculous to pay the all included fare for this specific situation.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jakebloke said:

I understand that the AI pricing is similar to booking a specific cabin (however it’s a little cheaper to book a sunset verandah than a guarantee).  I guess it’s how you look at it.  I really should look at it as the cruise only rate is a phenomenal deal and it would be ridiculous to pay the all included fare for this specific situation.  

Exactly

4 hours ago, prmssk said:

Price out a verandah where you get to select your room and you will see the difference between cruise only and AI is $75 pp/pd which is right in line with typical AI pricing. 

They want to fill the ship and are willing to take a loss on the cruise fare but not the add-ons. This makes perfect sense after final payment when there are still plenty of cabins to book. 

What has that have anything to do with the regular post. How about booking the cruise only and buy the drinks and internet later? I’m pretty sure you would be able to get them for less than the $229 p.p. per day that it shows on the original post.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

What has that have anything to do with the regular post. How about booking the cruise only and buy the drinks and internet later? I’m pretty sure you would be able to get them for less than the $229 p.p. per day that it shows on the original post.

The comment I was replying to (and the general point of this thread) is whether this is a pricing error which is what my comment addressed.

But yes, it would still be a good deal to book the cruise only guarantee and add the drink package and internet.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jakebloke said:

IMG_2233.jpeg

I’m confused.  You are upset because they discounted one product and not the other?  Why are they not allowed to pick and choose what products they put on sale? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

The comment I was replying to (and the general point of this thread) is whether this is a pricing error which is what my comment addressed.

But yes, it would still be a good deal to book the cruise only guarantee and add the drink package and internet.

31 minutes ago, Octavias said:

I’m confused.  You are upset because they discounted one product and not the other?  Why are they not allowed to pick and choose what products they put on sale? 

For those of us who do not drink the Cruise Only option saves  money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Personally if Interested I would suggest you book without the perks after calculation the perks you will need.    My understanding is the new Internet Pricing doesn't allow you to buy Basic Wifi anymore except

For Calculations in looking at my next cruise

Internet Premium  -  25.99 pp per day but on sale for 17.99

Drink Package     Premium $109 (but on sale for 86.99) pp per day

Classic   $89.00 ( on Sale for 70.99)  pp per day

Gratuities       15.50 pp per day

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I looked at some of the Silouette sailings and found one that had the exact same numbers for a 12 night cruise. The $999 dollar figure is for a guaranteed veranda cabin. All other standard veranda cabins were priced at $2,000 and over which is what you would expect. I would assume the $999 veranda cabin you wouldn’t want to be in anyway so it doesn’t look as bad as originally portrayed. 

• Like 1

My husband and I were just saying how we hear people say that they get such great prices on cruises. Where are the deals? I certainly don’t know where! We’ve only done 4 cruises over the years, but this year and next year, our X cruises for 1 week Caribbean  non- suite is almost $5000 for two. Doesn’t ever seem like a bargain. 

Edited by TravelingCircusof5

10 minutes ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

My husband and I were just saying how we hear people say that they get such great prices on cruises. Where are the deals? I certainly don’t know where! We’ve only done 4 cruises over the years, but this year and next year, our X cruises for 1 week Caribbean  non- suite is almost $5000 for two. Doesn’t ever seem like a bargain. 

See the above postings as examples.   An 11 day cruise only inside cabin for $999 is a real bargain.  Of course it is a guaranteed inside cabin with no perks and I would never book it.  But if you are just looking for a bargain,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One thing that Celebrity has changed in there advertising of Always included 

Before  it wrote save up to 45% of the price as compared to book drinks etc on board 

Now , it in the ad it is written save $200 - $800 by booking Always included 

So if Celebrity has price me out of their cruise line I will just do a different get away 

• Thanks 1