Club Orange dining on non-Pinnacle Class ships

SJSULIBRARIAN

I was on the Zuiderdam last month and there is not a specific section.

In fact, our waiters continually forgot to give us the Orange Club Menu so we began looking at it upon entrance to the dining room.  There is a stack by the podium.  We were cruising with another couple who did not have CO and it became uncomfortable and embarrassing to have to ask.  Of course, the extra item offered is not that big of a deal but since we did pay for this service we wanted to be able to take advantage of it.  We had the same table and waiters each evening.

Edited by FlorenceItaly
Wrong ship listed - senior moment, lol
  • Like 2

The Club Orange dining benefit on the non-Pinnacle class ships is 1) the extra item on the dinner menu and 2) a separate line for CO guests at Open dining (this does come in handy during busy times).

9 hours ago, BSR said:

Where does CO show up on my HAL booking?  Also OBC?

OBC will be on the first page under "Guest Information" of your Booking Confirmation from HAL

I believe Club Orange (not shown here), as well as other HIA add-ons is on the last page of the Booking Confirmation.

image.png.4110a31f242ebb8e3acd0ee241f394d5.png

I'm getting somewhat confused about CO. I booked us on the Westerdam for our first cruise on HAL. Didn't know about CO yet, so I just got us waitlisted for early fixed dining. I later added CO, thinking it works like Club Class on Princess, where you can walk in any time and they seat you at a random table in the Club Class section. We've never had a wait to be seated under that system. But I'm seeing these things above:

"We had the same table and waiters each evening." 

and 

"2) a separate line for CO guests at Open dining (this does come in handy during busy times)"

I imagine that this will all sort itself out, but I'm left wondering about a couple of things. If we clear early fixed dining, is there a CO line in the early fixed dining room (whatever that may be)? I requested a table for two, which I realize is a request only and doesn't guarantee anything, and I'm wondering how hard it is to actually get that, with CO in early fixed or open dining. Do those of you who ask for table for two usually get it?

Any illumination will be greatly appreciated by this HAL newby. 😃

We were originally booked for anytime but our first night experience was not great.  This is typical on most cruise lines with the first evening.  We typically book a specialty restaurant for the first evening but we were traveling with friends on this cruise.  Our friends like to dine early so we went ahead and switched to a fixed seating.  IMO, because we had CO they were very accommodating with this request.  From then on we entered through CO entrance and bypassed the line since we had set table.  We were still in the anytime restaurant but had a set time and table.  We were very happy to have the separate CO line as our observation was long lines otherwise.  I don't have firsthand knowledge of fixed dining set up but I imagine there is a separate CO entrance just like anytime.  Also, I think since you have CO you will be accommodated with your table for two.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I don't understand the need for a club orange entrance if you are in the truly fixed dining floor.  You would have an assigned table.  I get they sometimes bring open dining into the fixed but I'm speaking purely fixed.

For myself I purchased CO because I wanted to go from a VH guarantee to a specific VA balcony cabin.  All other perks were just an added benefit.  The separate line at the front desk was wonderful too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I don't understand the need for a club orange entrance if you are in the truly fixed dining floor.  You would have an assigned table.  I get they sometimes bring open dining into the fixed but I'm speaking purely fixed.

Since we're only waitlisted for early fixed, it was worth the extra cost to me just to assure that my hubby is less likely to end up standing in long lines. He simply hates that. I have no idea where they'll put us, since we're waitlisted and added CO.

5 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

For myself I purchased CO because I wanted to go from a VH guarantee to a specific VA balcony cabin.  All other perks were just an added benefit.  The separate line at the front desk was wonderful too.

Yes I understand.  I’ve done the same.  I’m speaking purely about going into the mdr.  I don’t understand why there would be a separate line for club orange in fixed.  Usually there isn’t even a stand there but it’s been a few years.  I’ve found the club orange line at the front desk and shorex to be useless.  I seem to get behind people that want to tell their life story to the person.  More than once I’ve gotten out of that line into the regular line because it’s quicker.

1 minute ago, Sea Hag said:

Since we're only waitlisted for early fixed, it was worth the extra cost to me just to assure that my hubby is less likely to end up standing in long lines. He simply hates that. I have no idea where they'll put us, since we're waitlisted and added CO.

No one like lines 😛😉.  That’s a hard one to answer.  I suspect that you’ll be better off with the club orange but you many not be.  I’ve heard a number of stories on here about people being successful switching to fixed once on board (not people with club orange necessarily). I have no personal experience because I am no longer interested in fixed.

• Like 1

It sounds like Club Orange Dining on HAL does not work like Club Class Dining on Princess. That was the point of my original question. I liked Club Class on Princess because I went to the dining room and there was a specific hostess for Club Class passengers, and I was taken immediately to the section set aside for those passengers. HAL should adopt the same procedure as there is no waiting. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

It sounds like Club Orange Dining on HAL does not work like Club Class Dining on Princess. That was the point of my original question. I liked Club Class on Princess because I went to the dining room and there was a specific hostess for Club Class passengers, and I was taken immediately to the section set aside for those passengers. HAL should adopt the same procedure as there is no waiting. 

There's a lot of merit in the Princess system, but it's only available to Club Class minis and all suites. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I could buy CO while booked into a lesser cabin. That's very nice.

13 hours ago, oakridger said:

OBC will be on the first page under "Guest Information" of your Booking Confirmation from HAL

I believe Club Orange (not shown here), as well as other HIA add-ons is on the last page of the Booking Confirmation.

image.png.4110a31f242ebb8e3acd0ee241f394d5.png

I don't see Guest Information on my booking.  Is this because I booked thru a TA?  It doesn't show my promos with HIA, CO or OBC.

2 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

But that's to do with the class of cabin you book. It's not open to everyone so it's not the same unless things have drastically changed 

4 hours ago, TGCRUISEO said:

I agree. The best Benefit is the room upgrade. It usually pays for itself.  All the other benefits are a bonus 

Yes, we used CO on our 2024 Volendam cruise to go from a B category Vista Suite to an A category which we would have booked even if CO was not available, so for us the upgrade paid for all but $30 of the Club Orange cost. We also like the priority check in and boarding and tender access.