E Mail Address

CHEZMARYLOU

Guest 4-2-N-8

Just out of curiosity (and qualifying my question up front in that I've never been on an M or S class ship, so no point of reference), what exactly are said abysmal changes to menus?

48 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Just out of curiosity (and qualifying my question up front in that I've never been on an M or S class ship, so no point of reference), what exactly are said abysmal changes to menus?

There’s a very large thread on this topic now

Edited by WestLakeGirl
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Just the usual Celebrity monthly cut.  Sooner or later it will be crackers and ketsup.  But for now it is burgers and tilapia.  I will miss the shrimp cocktail, lobster, and filet.

Celebrity IS becoming a floating hotel and looking less like a vacation destination.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
9 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Just the usual Celebrity monthly cut.  Sooner or later it will be crackers and ketsup.  But for now it is burgers and tilapia.  I will miss the shrimp cocktail, lobster, and filet.

Celebrity IS becoming a floating hotel and looking less like a vacation destination.

So, is it that you can get the same menu items as before, but for their so-called "premium" items, there is now an upcharge?

Or, is it that menu items previously available have been entirely replaced by low(er) quality options?

I'm just trying to understand this gripe session.

I've done one 7-night sailing on Beyond in the western caribbean and I found it superb.

I have another 11-night sailing on Beyond in the Mediterranean and I am wondering if unusual changes such as this are occurring fleetwide.

In what stateroom types were you all?

5 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

So, is it that you can get the same menu items as before, but for their so-called "premium" items, there is now an upcharge?

Or, is it that menu items previously available have been entirely replaced by low(er) quality options?

I've done one 7-night sailing on Beyond in the western caribbean and I found it superb.

I have another 11-night sailing on Beyond in the Mediterranean and I am wondering if unusual changes such as this are occurring fleetwide.

Both. You can have menu items from before but for an added charge. Additionally, some of the other options are no longer offered or have been replaced with cheaper options. 

• Like 2

Guest 4-2-N-8
6 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Both. You can have menu items from before but for an added charge. Additionally, some of the other options are no longer offered or have been replaced with cheaper options. 

Ok. This is in the MDR only? Or, have you noticed this in Luminae and Specialties?

Guest 4-2-N-8
1 hour ago, dlh015 said:

It's anyone that dines in the MDR. Suites are unaffected. Rest easy...

I'll rest easy after I rest easy.

Besides, there can never be too much to get wound up about. This forum is helping.

I tthink that Celebrity will continue on its endeavor of huge profits.  They will encourage all to book specialty restaurants.  I would guess in a few more years to continue this upward trend, non suite passengers will have buffet dining only, and specialty restaurants rates will continue to climb. Suite fares will also continue to climb.

Since the pandemic has ended, so many people are cruising and will continue to cruise regardless of the revised menus, and it appears the cost of the cruise.   We love cruising, but now are mixing with top of the line all inclusive resorts which actually are cheaper.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Both

9 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Please check the link provided instead of rehashing it here.  There is lots of information there.

15 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

I just emailed to ExecutiveOffice@celebrity.com, which is the address I got a response from when emailing Lisa earlier in the year.  

I'll let you know if I get a response. 

I sent an email as well. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Respectfully, you're not going to understand this "Gripe Session" because you can't/don't relate. After only one sailing within your suite class, you lack the experience to compare. Many Celebrity cruisers have always, in years past, had a fabulous dining experience in the MDR. Majority have never paid 40k for what you consider "superb" to sail the Caribbean.

Botton line: It's another cutback and many are unhappy. 

Patty 

Edited by cw2go
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, dlh015 said:

It's anyone that dines in the MDR. Suites are unaffected. Rest easy...

Just us steerage folks that need to be upset. I wonder if the gates to the muster stations will be locked in case the ship goes down. 😂

• Haha 5