E Mail Address

CHEZMARYLOU

On 6/20/2023 at 7:38 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

No response to my email but did get this in response to messinger. 

Hi there, thank you for your reply. Celebrity Cruises is constantly reviewing our competitive environment and this adjustments positions us in line with our competitors. We thank you for your feedback, your input will be shared with the proper teams.

Seen by Celebrity Cruises
You sent
In my opinion Celebrity was always a step above. What lines do you envision as your competitors? Do you want to be Royal Caribbean, or Carnival? If so, you just lost us as cruisers. Please feel free to share my input with your team. In the mean time I'm looking at other lines after our Equinox cruise for the reason state. Who knows where you and I will land but I feel Celebrity is taking 5 steps back wards to position in line with your competitor and I don't like it..

Sent 1m ago

I would think they would want to be a cut above their competitors instead of in line with them. If their goal is to match competitors’ offerings instead of differentiating themselves then there should be nothing stopping Celebrity cruisers from going with the cheapest cruising option, right?  I can’t imagine this was an approved Celebrity response. If it was, someone needs to be fired because the new way of thinking seems financially ludicrous. 

I have always been willing to pay more than the competition because I thought I was getting an elevated experience, instead they are saying that I’m paying more for an experience that is comparable. Not good Celebrity!

• Like 1

I talked to Executive Office today.  She said the menu change is a test on the Equinox only.  Based on feedback they receive they will either go back to the previous menu or implement the new menu.  She said that they are trying to compete with other cruise lines in their category.  I told her offering hamburgers and talipia and upcharging steaks/lobster they are not competing they are lowering their class!  She told me lobster will still be offered free (one) on chic night.  @NutsAboutGolfwhen I asked her about Maine lobster she had no clue and said they are serving same lobster they always have.  

I also asked her that since I am in a RS in September, and if I wanted any of the “premium” entrees would I be charged?  She said, yes I would be charged!

We also discussed gluten free offerings as I have a gluten sensitivity.  She said she is in contact with Retreat and Luminae and will get back to me in a few days with answers to those questions I asked.

she was very nice, kept reiterating that it was a test.  And the more people voice their concerns the less likely it will become permanent.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

I talked to Executive Office today.  She said the menu change is a test on the Equinox only.  Based on feedback they receive they will either go back to the previous menu or implement the new menu.  She said that they are trying to compete with other cruise lines in their category.  I told her offering hamburgers and talipia and upcharging steaks/lobster they are not competing they are lowering their class!  She told me lobster will still be offered free (one) on chic night.  @NutsAboutGolfwhen I asked her about Maine lobster she had no clue and said they are serving same lobster they always have.  

I also asked her that since I am in a RS in September, and if I wanted any of the “premium” entrees would I be charged?  She said, yes I would be charged!

We also discussed gluten free offerings as I have a gluten sensitivity.  She said she is in contact with Retreat and Luminae and will get back to me in a few days with answers to those questions I asked.

she was very nice, kept reiterating that it was a test.  And the more people voice their concerns the less likely it will become permanent.  

Thanks for trying and that's what I thought about the lobster, leadership doesn't even know they're serving lobster that's lesser than what Carnival offers

I just had a phone call from the executive office in response to my email.  Besides boilerplate she did say they are still evaluating and appreciate feedback from guests.  They are also taking into consideration guests with dietary needs and how the changes would affect them.  She reiterated that feedback is important to them.

4 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I just had a phone call from the executive office in response to my email.  Besides boilerplate she did say they are still evaluating and appreciate feedback from guests.  They are also taking into consideration guests with dietary needs and how the changes would affect them.  She reiterated that feedback is important to them.

I have since heard from the executive office as well and I have call scheduled for Monday.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2023 at 9:34 AM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I wonder how they’re obtaining feedback, are there new menu specific questions added to the post sailing survey?

When RCI started charging for the second lobster tail, they said they’re listening to their customers yet still deployed the fee fleet wide…How many customers were saying “I love that fee!” Or “I booked another RCI cruise on board solely because of the fee!”

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Sure thing!  But as I am allergic to lobster, I haven't really been following the lobster consternation.  What, specifically should I ask?  

Thanks!  X still serves the lesser/cheaper Spiny/warm-water lobster while both Carnival and RcI upgraded to Maine lobster, ask if X has considered switching to Maine so it no longer serves inferior lobster to Carnival 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I wonder how they’re obtaining feedback, are there new menu specific questions added to the post sailing survey?

I think they are getting feedback from guests on board submitting comments or talking to someone in the restaurant or an officer.  They have also been getting feedback via phone calls and emails from future guests who have read about these changes or seen them on the app.

I emailed executive office yesterday afternoon. I received a phone call about 2 hours later. I did not include my phone number in the email but gave them my sailing date and ship, so they took the time to look up my reservation and find my phone number. Anyway, bottom line is like others have said, they are testing the menu. They look forward to feedback from guests, whether currently onboard, those sailing or those who have sailed. IMHO best feedback will come from those who have experienced these test menus. I appreciated the quick response and the overall friendliness and concern from the caller. Let's hope for a good outcome.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

When RCI started charging for the second lobster tail, they said they’re listening to their customers yet still deployed the fee fleet wide…How many customers were saying “I love that fee!” Or “I booked another RCI cruise on board solely because of the fee!”

Or, did not care about the fee???

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spurs Fans said:

I just received an email from Diana Dolphin (yes, that’s her real name) 😊 asking me to call her.  

I received one also. Frankly I put all my comments in the email. Why do I want to call and discuss further? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RobynFL said:

I emailed executive office yesterday afternoon. I received a phone call about 2 hours later. I did not include my phone number in the email but gave them my sailing date and ship, so they took the time to look up my reservation and find my phone number. Anyway, bottom line is like others have said, they are testing the menu. They look forward to feedback from guests, whether currently onboard, those sailing or those who have sailed. IMHO best feedback will come from those who have experienced these test menus. I appreciated the quick response and the overall friendliness and concern from the caller. Let's hope for a good outcome.

If you used the same email as your X account, they probably got it from that