If you're on board and the MDR dinner Double Cheeseburger is on the menu, please order post pictures!

NutsAboutGolf

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

I'm kinda bummed out that no one posted the burger pic.  

You do realize it will probably be overcooked and cold, right?  At least at the pool grill they let it sit in a pan of water so it's not as as dry, but still cold and overcooked . 🤣

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ChucktownSteve said:

You do realize it will probably be overcooked and cold, right?  At least at the pool grill they let it sit in a pan of water so it's not as as dry, cold and overcooked . 🤣

I have no idea.  I was just curious what a burger from the MDR might look like.   Hopefully it comes with some "fixins".  🙂

The pic of the partially eaten one from the mast grill wasn't exactly appetizing.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I have no idea.  I was just curious what a burger from the MDR might look like.   Hopefully it comes with some "fixins".  🙂

The pic of the partially eaten one from the mast grill wasn't exactly appetizing.  

I'd like to see a pic also. Many enjoy the burger at Lawn Club & Rooftop Garden Grill & Le Grand Bistro so it is possible that this could be a good burger and not all bad. It's not what many would say is Fine Dining but I know My DH would have one if not two on a week long sailing. 

Patty 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Many enjoy the burger at Lawn Club & Rooftop Garden Grill & Le Grand Bistro so it is possible that this could be a good burger and not all bad.

Many also enjoy the Luminae Signature burger prepared in the same kitchen as the MDR (on S-class, at least).  I was telling DH about the double burger option on the MDR menu and he suggested that it could be very similar to the Luminae burger, except with 2 patties...

The burger pictured above looks gross! 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Many also enjoy the Luminae Signature burger prepared in the same kitchen as the MDR (on S-class, at least).  I was telling DH about the double burger option on the MDR menu and he suggested that it could be very similar to the Luminae burger, except with 2 patties...

The burger pictured above looks gross! 

There is still hope! Celebrity just might surprise us! 😊

Patty 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/20/2023 at 3:08 PM, kruzerci said:

Omg. I hope not. They look like they’re cut right off of a chub. 

I absolutely die when I see the advertising photos and videos featuring great looking burgers from the mast grill. In reality it’s like a high school football concession stand LOL. 

Now that was funny!  For real though, the ones sold at our HS football stand was far superior to that we had from Mast Grill.  It was the one thing on our cruise that was not enjoyed.  For me not to finish a burger is saying a lot 😂

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Sigyn said:

Is the Luminae burger good?

It’s very tasty. It comes with cheddar, caramelized onions and bacon jam. The patty is more hand formed unlike the perfectly round ones at the mast grill. I think it’s a great lunch option but I would be disappointed if it landed on the dinner menu. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

DH just informed me that his Mast Grill burger wasn’t appetizing before, during, or after eating it😂 He’s never ordered another one.

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Sigyn said:

Is the Luminae burger good?

I don’t order burgers when we’re out. My DH said his was “pretty good”. He’s an engineer, so translated, this means “meets requirements”😂 Having been able to secure an ice cold Leffe Blonde helped, I’m sure🙂

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, cw2go said:

I'd like to see a pic also. Many enjoy the burger at Lawn Club & Rooftop Garden Grill & Le Grand Bistro so it is possible that this could be a good burger and not all bad. It's not what many would say is Fine Dining but I know My DH would have one if not two on a week long sailing. 

Patty 

Haven't tried the Lawn Club and did try the rooftop garden grill, problem with it is you pay a relatively high cover charge and can eat as much as you like.  Why waste the stomach real estate on a burger when you could have a filet, BBQ ribs, BBQ brisket, etc (rhetorical)?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Haven't tried the Lawn Club and did try the rooftop garden grill, problem with it is you pay a relatively high cover charge and can eat as much as you like.  Why waste the stomach real estate on a burger when you could have a filet, BBQ ribs, BBQ brisket, etc (rhetorical)?

9 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The average X passenger might be too embarrassed to order it...lol

My DH actually likes a burger and often orders them even when paying a cover charge. He has in Le Grand and RGG so if  there is a burger in one of the 4 the MDR's onboard Beyond this August, I am sure he will be the X passenger to give it a try, he's not too concerned with being "average" LOL! 😁 Pun intended. 

If no pics appear before then I'll post one

Patty 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sigyn said:

I'll be on the Millennium in 14 days. I don't know if I'll eat in the MDR, tho. If I do, I'll order the darned burger and take a picture! 

s Taking a hit for CC....

Then post what you actually ate as a contrast, that is if the burger was not edible... LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

22 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

s Taking a hit for CC....

Then post what you actually ate as a contrast, that is if the burger was not edible... LOL

Exactly! It's worth a stop in just to see the infamous burger. 

Edited - won't Luminae bring me MDR meals if requested? I could ask...but would it be the same? 

Edited by Sigyn

6 minutes ago, Sigyn said:

Exactly! It's worth a stop in just to see the infamous burger. 

Edited - won't Luminae bring me MDR meals if requested? I could ask...but would it be the same? 

While I have eaten in Luminae as a guest a few times, I have never ordered anything from the MDR there...

I would tend to think that the sous chef or server would make sure everything was a bit above the 'ordinary' presentation... JMO on that one..

Still worth a try regardless... 

41 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The sailing that had the double cheeseburger on the dinner menu only offered on one night, so it not available for photos ops daily.  

j I Am sure someone will manage to get it done from the boards here... LOL