Are TA's Still Shunning Azamara?

RichYak

16 minutes ago, wangeling gal said:

Wow!! I haven’t engaged in this board since 2018 when a booked Azamara cruise out of Vancouver was changed and we were eventually offered our deposit back after much haggling by our TA, as it wasn’t what we were looking for. Then the world went mad, and life took unexpected twist and turns, and I haven’t needed to be back on here until now. But what is  glaringly obvious is that the same customer service issues with Azamara onshore, that I first read about 10 years ago when I took my first Azamara cruise & that my TA encountered 5 years ago , be it via a TA or people booking and using websites themselves, are still letting down what is a fabulous at sea experience. We know they read these boards so why aren’t they doing anything about it?

They are trying, but the changeover to a new IT system has really set things back. Things are improving, slowly. Telephone wait times are getting much shorter. My TA has been involved with changing two cruises we were going to take later this year into three cruises next year. It’s all done, and he said it wasn’t a bad process at all. 

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

They are trying, but the changeover to a new IT system has really set things back. Things are improving, slowly. Telephone wait times are getting much shorter. My TA has been involved with changing two cruises we were going to take later this year into three cruises next year. It’s all done, and he said it wasn’t a bad process at all. 

My personal feelings are that debugging the website has had to take a back seat to sorting out the data transfer issues. Looking at what has happened with our accounts and how things have progressed I’ve a fair idea where the issues lie with that and I don’t believe that Azamara have been treated fairly by their former owners.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Riocca said:

My personal feelings are that debugging the website has had to take a back seat to sorting out the data transfer issues. Looking at what has happened with our accounts and how things have progressed I’ve a fair idea where the issues lie with that and I don’t believe that Azamara have been treated fairly by their former owners.

I agree! That is a much better way to say it. 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2023 at 8:16 AM, Mackdogmolly said:

Can the TAs on this board say whether their commission is the same if they initiate the booking or if the booking is transferred to them?

One I know well says yes it is the same

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 8:16 AM, Mackdogmolly said:

Can the TAs on this board say whether their commission is the same if they initiate the booking or if the booking is transferred to them?

One I know well says yes it is the same

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 6:29 AM, Mackdogmolly said:

My TA will take Azamara bookings, but I sense reluctantly, as he still has to spend hours on hold every time he has to contact them.

I never had a problem booking Azamara...in the past. Now? Azamara hold times are legendary, but improving. If one of us gets through, we tell the whole office so anyone who needs to talk to them can do so before we end the call.

What's worse, they recently switched over to their own brand new TA site with a reservations system....and it hasn't worked for months. Months. The old TA site they were apart of with RCCL and Celebrity worked perfectly. So booking Azamara has become difficult, but we still offer them. They're a great line, I'm going on their Africa cruise with in December.

As far as commission goes, they're competitive, no problems there.

Edited by CoffeeBoy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 6/23/2023 at 8:29 AM, Mackdogmolly said:

My TA will take Azamara bookings, but I sense reluctantly, as he still has to spend hours on hold every time he has to contact them.

Mines the same, she knows it will take hours on the phone.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Mines the same, she knows it will take hours on the phone.

Mine as well.  I did interact direct with Azamara UK this week and Ashley was very helpful.  We have made fantastic progress, I have done the TAs legwork on their behalf, just have to join the dots and put the TA back in charge with the assurances it is "just going to be a quick piece of work for them"

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, CoffeeBoy said:

I must say, their hold times have improved drastically. I got in within 5-10 minutes yesterday.

Hold times improving is a very positive development, but are the agents who answer actually empowered to resolve any issues?  We’ve found that they mostly need to consult supervisors in different locations and submit multiple tickets.

Edited by JaneStarr
Typos
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, babykay said:

My agent was recommended by one of their sales directors.  A couple months into our booking she threw up her hands and said, you are on your own.  

Hmmm...Seems to me you need a new agent.  Ours has been frustrated with wait times and call backs, but hung in there and got our accounts corrected.  It wasn't easy or fast, but I would not keep an agent who wasn't committed to me. It needed patience on both of our parts, but we've been lucky to have an agent that shows that commitment...and it's not even her preferred line.  We will stick with her through whatever is thrown our way, since she sticks with us.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 7

I contacted my TA the other night to inquire if my booking can be switched to the Double Quarterly Savings (only have a deposit on it now).  After being on hold for 15 to 20 my TA came back and said the Azamara rep told him "there is no such offer" and the best they could do is offer me a change to one that provided a discount of around $600 and additional OBC of $400!  I told the TA that there was definitely this offer and where to find it on Azamara web page.  After another 15 minute hold TA came back and said the rep found the offer but I could not change my booking to that one!  No idea where they found this first "Offer" but the discount I was expecting was around the $1,000 I settled for the deal that they were willing to provide.  I think the Azamara online reps need a little more training and clear documentation on all new offers being provided.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Work in to Cruise 2023 said:

TA came back and said the rep found the offer but I could not change my booking to that one!

If you are more than 4 months from your departure date, you can cancel for $75 per person and rebook. Depends if it's worth > $150 to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like Azamara are trying to rebuild bridges with their travel partners.

Azamara announced a “Chart Your Own Course” giveaway, giving travel partners a chance to sail on a cruise of their own design, according to a press statement. 

To enter the competition, travel partners can book their clients on any voyages through June 30, 2024, or the 2025 World Voyage between now and July 28, 2023. The winner will be announced on July 31, 2023.  

“We are continually grateful for the support of our valued travel partners, and we are excited to give away a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work side by side with our expert deployment team at the Destination Immersion cruise line through the ‘Chart Your Own Course’ sweepstakes,” said Michelle Lardizabal, chief sales officer at Azamara. “Our travel partners are travel experts and cruising veterans, so we look forward to seeing the itinerary that our lucky winner helps curate.”

The winner of the ‘Chart Your Own Course’ giveaway will get to collaborate with the cruise line’s Executive Leadership team at the Azamara Headquarters in Miami, Florida to plan an Azamara itinerary and an original AzAmazing Celebration. That lucky winner will be able to bring a guest on this journey of their creation.

The “Chart Your Own Course” applies to new individual bookings and non-contracted group bookings created between July 5-28, 2023. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2023 at 5:46 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

If there was ever a time when I wish we could name TAs, this would be it:  who is happy to take Azamara bookings?  But, sadly, we can't.

Agreed. As a newcomer to Azamara and this board, I was hesitant to start this thread. I'm glad I did as many of the responses have been illuminating. Thanks to all who've contributed.

The sailing I am looking at is still quite a ways off and some of the more recent comments have me gaining confidence, so I may book soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mackdogmolly said:

No, you put in your desired cruise and TAs send in their quotes. I’m sure it was mentioned here before 

I would be cautious about that site.  I know some people report using it, but I remember some horror stories about unscrupulous agents taking advantage of people on that site yrs ago.  

Plus…..I don’t think we are probably allowed to post that here due to rules of CC.

2 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I would be cautious about that site.  I know some people report using it, but I remember some horror stories about unscrupulous agents taking advantage of people on that site yrs ago.  

Plus…..I don’t think we are probably allowed to post that here due to rules of CC.

Yep, TA's are not permit to promote themselves or attempt to gain business from the site.  Good rule, or this place would become advertising space rather than a social site

• Like 1