A thread to say the things you like

georgiaguy

11 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Is it appropriate to ask how you define overpriced?

12 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If I pay $10,000 for a suite but don't feel the experience is worth that then to us it's overpriced.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Crew to passenger ratio even outside the Retreat

Towels in the bathroom

Not needing to check out pool towels

Turndown service (I don't need a full cleaning and do Go Green, but it's nice to have dirty glasses/dishes removed and my room checked on a second time)

Sky Lounge on M and S class ships

A Eurekatini from the Martini Bar on embarkation day

The aft seating area outside the buffet

The spa cafe

Just being at sea

• Like 4

I'd add to the comments above, that things like cleanliness, a cloth hand towel and tent when returning from a port, decor, design elements, the whimsy of Eden, the not so stuffy or serious vibe, etc. do a great deal to both bring in and relax passengers, crew, etc.  (Even a Seven Seas cruise had a fight break out recently).

And, thumbs up to starlink, and that it represents a seeming commitment to trying for decent wifi. 

And, inclusiveness of age, orientation, etc.  

• Like 1

The crew, always the crew.  They won us over from the beginning and they've never let us down.

After that, it's the vibe and ambiance, especially on our favourite ships, Infinity and Summit.

Finally, coffee at Al Bacio.  And the crew at Al Bacio.  Oh, and the sweeties at Al Bacio.  🙂

• Like 1

For us, it always comes back to the crew. That’s what keeps us loyal to Celebrity. 
The intimacy of the smaller ships….M or S class. Not interested in the glitzy new ships although most people love them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Towels in the bathroom

Turndown service (I don't need a full cleaning and do Go Green, but it's nice to have dirty glasses/dishes removed and my room checked on a second time)

The spa cafe

Just being at sea

Towels in the bathroom.  That’s a good one.

For me, it's the ambiance. We aren't really partiers nor do we want a snoozefest and Celebrity has enough going on that we can get out and do things, but the ships aren't pounding with bass at night.

Other likes:

- mostly adults, and if there are a lot of kids onboard (like over the holidays), the Kids Club does a really good job of keeping them entertained

- no indoor smoking!

- pleasant and competent staff

- that single announcement every day

4 minutes ago, prmssk said:

The food is complimentary.  The specialty coffees are a charge although are included in drink packages.

We do not drink alcohol so we mostly do a Cruise only and ad the Tips and WIFI but because my DW likes her fancy coffee in the morning we just Pay for that at Cafe al Bacio. It helps her start her Day.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Towels in the bathroom

The spa cafe

Just being at sea

Hi! I love your list, what is a Eureakatini please? I dont want to miss out! 😁

• Like 2

I have to say I also love all the things mentioned in this section about Celebrity and they all are part of Why we continue to book Celebrity Cruises.

We have tried lines that cost Way More (and some way less!) but find Celebrity has what we enjoy at a Price we are comfortable paying.

We sailed on Celebrities. First Return to Service cruise ( Millenium, June 2021 from St. Maartin  to the ABC islands)

And although the Crew were All wearing masks we could tell that they still had the "Celebrity Smile" behind their masks. Same thing when we once again joined Millenium a month later for the first Return to Alaska cruise.

We prefer the M and S class ships because they do not seem crowded even when fully booked.

I booked 6 Celebrity cruises in May 2022 for all of 2023 and 3 left to do.

Sure I find some of the money saving changes a bit obvious but none are deal breakers.

4 minutes ago, ladylemondrop said:

Hi! I love your list, what is a Eureakatini please? I dont want to miss out! 😁

It's a cucumber flavored gin based martini.  It's on the M and S class Martini Bar menus.  

• Like 1

I love the fact that the buffet area does not shut abruptly between meals and they leave it open for the food in the front and let folks sit at tables to play cards or just look out.

I love that my 2024 Oct cruise on Reflection is being moved to the new Beyond for the same price.

yippee.

• Like 1

I always appreciated the family cabins since I booked my family of four on 14 cruises in a single cabin starting in 1996.  What's funny is that it was almost like Celebrity was trying to accommodate my family over the years.

When we first sailed with Celebrity back in 1996, they had just introduced the concept of a family cabin on Century.  They were only outside cabins (18 per ship) but they were larger than normal cabins and it was perfect for our then 3 year old daughter and 7 month old son.  The larger space was perfect for putting a Graco Pack N Play crib in the cabin. 

By the time Millennium class came out, they built them with 12 FV cabins on each ship.  They made the FV interior space bigger and outfitted them with oversized balconies which was great because our kids were older and could be trusted to be out on the balcony.

By the time our kids were college age, Celebrity came out with the Solstice class ships. By then the FV cabins got even bigger and they were multi-room so everyone had their own privacy and sleeping quarters and we had a nice living/dining room to get together in.  However there were only 4 FV cabins on each ship to choose from.

Now that our kids are adults--and fully independent and living out of state, Celebrity has come out with the Edge class ships which have no family cabins.  We no longer need the FVs or quad cabins since we won't be cruising much together in the near future--and if we did, we would need separate cabins.

I realize that this is a unique point of view and most likely not shared by anyone else which is why I posted it.  However I am really appreciating the memories and the wonderful family time that we had during our cruises--something that many of us on this board appreciate.

image.thumb.jpeg.e4e945b66c1aba8e0cd5187ed8af5a95.jpeg

Infinity FV 8166, Caribbean, Feb 2002

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

I can tell you how I define it. Suite prices for the cruises we considered are literally double what we paid last year for similar cruises.  But they keep filling them so it won't change unless that does.

The friendly staff and service

The hash browns in the OVC 

The solarium with a good book, a mint lemonade and nothing but ocean for miles

Cafe al bacio

How visible the officers are around the ship

A little chocolate on my pillow at night

The sound of the waves from the balcony as the sun sets in the evening