A thread to say the things you like

georgiaguy

It seems that lately there has been a great many who are dissatisfied with the Celebrity brand and its leadership. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and has a right to share those. Just wondering if there are those who have things to share they are happy about and thought it would be nice to create a space for that as well. 

I Will start by saying last year on the tail end of Covid restrictions we finally got to cruise again and did a European cruise 10 night on Reflection. It was the best cruise we have been on so far. Everyday there was something wonderful. There were some supply issues and sometimes had to wait a little longer at the martini bar, and of course finding deck chairs was a challenge, but even that didnt stop it from being an incredible experience. Can’t wait to go on our next this coming March. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

The crew to passenger ratios, and when they go above and beyond, which they seem to be encouraged to do.  Rarely read about crew by name in the other chat boards in this site unless it's about a Star Class Butler on Royal.  But, here it's a regular occurrence to hear of some "magic" moment when someone did something to help make a passenger's day. 

• Like 1

What a lovely thread idea! Thank you, Georgiaguy!

The staff, the staff, the staff!

The fellow guests, always friendly but never pushy. Wonderful times talking to fellow cruisers about cruises past and some new ones to come!

The ambiance…Not too busy but lots to do if you want to. Not too dressy but not too casual.

You always feel welcomed aboard as a long lost friend…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is the overall Celebrity vibe and presentation. It's what makes us consistently comfortable and satisfied with our choice. It is the option of choosing among three different classes of ships and what each has to offer. It is Celebrity's ability to overcome the occasional hiccup or misstep and our ability to realize that stuff happens. Celebrity is a favorite place for us to be when we are away from home, and we are looking for exciting places to be taken.

• Like 3

As former crew, it warms my heart to hear all the mentions of staff/crew. Honestly, one of the reasons that I tell folks that I choose Celebrity is because I know the experience we were expected to provide and it is the experience I was looking for. To me this is really where Celebrity is comes out ahead. 

• Like 12

10 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

Just wondering if there are those who have things to share they are happy about

" happy about " --

That we were introduced to Celebrity several years ago.

That the Staff we encountered on every cruise was absolutely " top notch ".

That the food in the MDR and especially the Specialty restaurants was well beyond expectations for the amount of meals prepared every day.

The cleanliness of the ships and attention to details of same.

That my Waiter wasn't fired because he forgot to bring my 3 shrimp cocktails at the same time. 

( No, I didn't send a letter to the President of Celebrity " looking for " compensation for my " inconvenience ").

And, ok , it's bragging----- I won a putting tournament in 2012 and received a beautiful towel, er,  t shirt which reminds me of cruising every time I wash my car. 

That only one couple that we met pulled out her iphone to show us a 10 minute video of their 3 yr old granddaughter's dance recital. ( The little girl only fell 3 times because she got dizzy doing twirls and waved at " everyone " throughout ).

And finally--- I never once could find a " lame duck " reason to stand in line with a whole bunch of " jerks " removing their gratuities !!! 

• Like 1

I like the vibe. Not formal, but not party all night. I will be forever grateful for a cruise line that doesn't have belly flop and hair chest contests. 

Love the solarium pool, love the sunset bar and of course Cafe Al Bacio. Those are our favorite places in the ships. 

We also love the flavored butters in the dining rooms and the martini bar. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We love that the service and experience is great throughout the ship whether in a veranda or a Suite.  

Or in an ocean view or an interior.

SOURCE:  Someone who has only had ocean view or interior cabins on Celebrity

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Is it appropriate to ask how you define overpriced?

No--- It's none of anyone's business how someone defines " overpriced ".

It depends on their wallet ( $$ ) and the value they perceive for the price.

Agree ??

• Like 1