The Beyond is staying in the Caribbean, no TA next year

newtampagirl

We were going to book Beyond's Trans Atlantic cruise for next April leaving Fort Lauderdale.

We saw it yesterday, but couldn't find it today and realized that it is staying in the Caribbean. Maybe that is part of Celebrity's announcement.

We are so disappointed, darn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YouthD said:

We booked an 11 day European cruis on our last cruise... We are not happy! What's the best thing to do?

We are waiting to hear from our TA, Celebrity reservations had no information about this change when i contacted them this am!

1 hour ago, YouthD said:

We booked an 11 day European cruis on our last cruise... We are not happy! What's the best thing to do?

Celebrity should soon be sending an email to you or your TA (if you used one) to explain what your options are.  Based on what they have done in the past I expect them to offer either a full refund or give you the option to transfer your booking to another similar European sailing (with no penalties if you have an nonrefundable deposit booking). 

Typically if you choose to have your booking transferred you will likely receive a small compensatory onboard credit (like $100-300 per cabin) and hopefully you will receive price protection which means that you don't have to book at the current prevailing rate for the new sailing which is usually higher.  If you choose to have your booking transferred, you will be able to retain the bonus OBC that you received for booking on board.

If you choose to do nothing by the deadline that Celebrity gives you to make a decision, typically they will cancel your booking and give you a full refund.  This also means your bonus OBC for booking onboard is gone.

One thing to consider: because there will be a lot of people in your situation who will choose to have their booking transferred, you will be competing with them when it comes to selecting from the available cabins on the other sailings.  IF you must have a certain cabin (or cabin category) on a certain sailing to transfer your booking to, you may want to consider booking that cabin now (refundable deposit option) or putting a hold on it.  Then when you get your email, you can transfer your affected booking to it.  Under no circumstances should you cancel your affected booking because you will forever lose the bonus OBC for booking on board.  You will want to eventually transfer it so that you retain the original booking number to which the bonus OBC is attached.  Note that it is possible that you will pick a sailing that is not on Celebrity's list of approved sailings (for price protection) to transfer to--although I have seen some people negotiate successfully for an exception. 

You are always free to transfer your booking to any other sailing (and retain the OBC) but you will pay the current prevailing rate and receive the current prevailing perks.

I am sorry if I am explaining stuff you already know.  And I am sorry that your cruise was affected.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

We are anxiously waiting to see what Celebrity offers for this. None of the other transatlantic itineraries interest us and we’d rather do a Med cruise, but not at prevailing rates.

Please keep us updated. 

• Like 1

Royal Caribbean has been planning and started construction on Hideaway Beach on Coco Cay that is going to be an adults only area.  Last estimates I heard was that it would open by the end of this year but I don't know if it is still on time.  This will expand the amount of space for passengers and give a kids free zone.  This may have been in the works with the ultimate intention of expanding access to this island for Celebrity.

That’s not going to make for a lot of people who booked Beyond for her TA’s, but I am so glad that I did this year with a b2b, as it was fantastic!  I also have her booked for December.  So who wins with this beside the shareholders?

We are booked on a 6 day Beyond sailing Jan. 2-8,2024.

I wonder if X will change our stops to include CoCoCay?

We have been there 3 time on RCCL Oasis class ships.

If Hideaway Beach is open will it cost Extra?

4 hours ago, newtampagirl said:

We were going to book Beyond's Trans Atlantic cruise for next April leaving Fort Lauderdale.

We saw it yesterday, but couldn't find it today and realized that it is staying in the Caribbean. Maybe that is part of Celebrity's announcement.

We are so disappointed, darn.

Thank you so much for the heads-up, as dissapointing as this news is. DH and I are (were, apparently) booked on the Beyond on May 17th next year and were really looking forward to this cruise. After reading your post I checked the Celebrity website and sure enough, it's gone. Of course not a single word from Celebrity. Wow.

Edited by MustBCruzn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Celebrity should soon be sending an email to you or your TA (if you used one) to explain what your options are.  Based on what they have done in the past I expect them to offer either a full refund or give you the option to transfer your booking to another similar European sailing (with no penalties if you have an nonrefundable deposit booking). 

Typically if you choose to have your booking transferred you will likely receive a small compensatory onboard credit (like $100-300 per cabin) and hopefully you will receive price protection which means that you don't have to book at the current prevailing rate for the new sailing which is usually higher.  If you choose to have your booking transferred, you will be able to retain the bonus OBC that you received for booking on board.

If you choose to do nothing by the deadline that Celebrity gives you to make a decision, typically they will cancel your booking and give you a full refund.  This also means your bonus OBC for booking onboard is gone.

One thing to consider: because there will be a lot of people in your situation who will choose to have their booking transferred, you will be competing with them when it comes to selecting from the available cabins on the other sailings.  IF you must have a certain cabin (or cabin category) on a certain sailing to transfer your booking to, you may want to consider booking that cabin now (refundable deposit option) or putting a hold on it.  Then when you get your email, you can transfer your affected booking to it.  Under no circumstances should you cancel your affected booking because you will forever lose the bonus OBC for booking on board.  You will want to eventually transfer it so that you retain the original booking number to which the bonus OBC is attached.  Note that it is possible that you will pick a sailing that is not on Celebrity's list of approved sailings (for price protection) to transfer to--although I have seen some people negotiate successfully for an exception. 

You are always free to transfer your booking to any other sailing (and retain the OBC) but you will pay the current prevailing rate and receive the current prevailing perks.

I am sorry if I am explaining stuff you already know.  And I am sorry that your cruise was affected.

No price protection. We're booked on Beyond for Nov 2024 TA and got the notice this a.m. from our TA. It was a 14 night sailing and the options for E class ships are APEX 13 nt from Lisbon at a comparable price or Ascent 13 nt from Barcelona at $2588.52 more than we paid. The Beyond was sailing from Civitavecchia so we were planning pre-cruise in Rome. Not a happy cruiser right now!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

No price protection. We're booked on Beyond for Nov 2024 TA and got the notice this a.m. from our TA. It was a 14 night sailing and the options for E class ships are APEX 13 nt from Lisbon at a comparable price or Ascent 13 nt from Barcelona at $2588.52 more than we paid. The Beyond was sailing from Civitavecchia so we were planning pre-cruise in Rome. Not a happy cruiser right now!

I am sorry to hear that.  I can understand the disappointment as we did our only TA last year out of Rome (Constellation) and the pre-cruise time we spent there was great.  Constellation is doing that TA again out of Rome next year--so you might want to look at that.  Although I am certain that you had your heart set on doing E-class.  I hope you can figure out something to your eventual liking.

• Like 1

Wow just got an email that my Oct 2024 6 days on Refection will now be on the Beyond for the same money,

And how interesting for me that it is a month before I sail on the Ascent.   I wanted to try Reflection and then go to the Ascent.   Funny how things happen.

but now the Beyond won't go to Key West (boo) but still get to go to Bimini.   oh well 

Should be interesting to see what Prime Oceanview room I get as I had one facing forward on the Reflection.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

That’s not going to make for a lot of people who booked Beyond for her TA’s, but I am so glad that I did this year with a b2b, as it was fantastic!  I also have her booked for December.  So who wins with this beside the shareholders?

Passengers who can only cruise in the summer and want to try the Beyond. 

16 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I am sorry to hear that.  I can understand the disappointment as we did our only TA last year out of Rome (Constellation) and the pre-cruise time we spent there was great.  Constellation is doing that TA again out of Rome next year--so you might want to look at that.  Although I am certain that you had your heart set on doing E-class.  I hope you can figure out something to your eventual liking.

We were in a SS and love the Retreat experience on the E class ships. Thanks for the good wishes. 

53 minutes ago, D. B. said:

We are booked on a 6 day Beyond sailing Jan. 2-8,2024.

I wonder if X will change our stops to include CoCoCay?

We have been there 3 time on RCCL Oasis class ships.

If Hideaway Beach is open will it cost Extra?

Not all of the summer sailings include Perfect Day. Given that Royal has already had their schedule including Perfect Day out for a bit for the itineraries already released, I'm sure they had to slot X in where where weren't already multiple Royal ships there.

3 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

My TA is checking but wondering how OBC attached to a booking if you transfer to another ship/sail date works. We booked onboard and there was additional OBC for a couple of promotions attached to our Fall '24 Beyond TA booking. 

I would imagine they would force you to use whatever promotion is going on now. Since they're forcing us to use prevailing rates.