Is Coco Cay Beach Club really $300 per person now?

We love the Coco Cay Beach Club and have always booked with a discount making it under $100, but the discount was never much, maybe 20 to 30% off at most.  We're considering a summer 2024 cruise and looking at the excursion page, the Beach Club is $300 with a discount bringing it to $270.  Is this the new normal?  Was I just super lucky before?  Or is the price just inflated b/c of how far away it is and pricing will be more reasonable closer in.

Thought 1:  You said summer.  Everything's at a premium price in summer.  Are you also on one of the newer mega-ships?  They also demand a premium price. 

Thought 2:  I can't believe they sell any tickets at these prices.  

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

The sale price I see for my sailings later this year range from $142.99, $160.99, $196.99 to $223.99.The price varies from ship to sail dates.

Look like the price trend is up I know the cruise lines took on lot of debt during the shut down but man they are bringing in the money now!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Wait for the Black Friday deals which will start the Saturday before and run until the Monday after.

There are big discounts on the private island prices for just about everything. 

I got the Beach Club half price during last year's Black Friday sale.  It ended up at ~ $90/pp.  It was worth it to us.  We loved it. I wouldn't want to pay much more than that, though.

Teddie

Edited by teddie
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Wait for the Black Friday deals which will start the Saturday before and run until the Monday after.

There are big discounts on the private island prices for just about everything. 

I wouldn’t presume Black Friday sales this year will be as good. RC have entered a new world of pricing. 

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Billy Baltic said:

I wouldn’t presume Black Friday sales this year will be as good. RC have entered a new world of pricing. 

Agreed.

Edited by OCSC Mike

Has nothing to do with summer.  Has everything to do with people actually buying this.  IF they gave the drinks as unlimited regardless of a drink package, maybe I'd jump at $150 pp.  But just sitting by a pool with lobster for over $300 pp?  It's Coco cay not St. Barts or Fiji.  If you are just going for the pool, stay on the ship and order a lobster on the MDR.  Much cheaper.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, RedJessi said:

Our November Cruise has beach club at 160.99, waterpark at 88.99, beach club cabana 1,699.00, and overwater cabanas at 2,199.00. 

We will be enjoying the free beach 😆

Wow!  $1700 for a cabana.  We've never purchased one but, while walking past them, we have wondered whether you can split the cost among 2-3 families or is there a limit on the number of people who can use the cabana?  Does anything come with it such as drinks or food or are those extra?

2 hours ago, RedJessi said:

Our November Cruise has beach club at 160.99, waterpark at 88.99, beach club cabana 1,699.00, and overwater cabanas at 2,199.00. 

We will be enjoying the free beach 😆

Those prices are all actually extremely low in the current climate. For reference, beach club cabanas are over $3000 for new ships during busy times & OTW can approach $4000. Beach club access can be over $250 & water park can be over $150.

I don’t spend anything when sailing alone with my wife but have been in each type of beach club cabana once with extended family of 8 and loved both of them.

Edited by OCSC Mike

28 minutes ago, Bluewake said:

Wow!  $1700 for a cabana.  We've never purchased one but, while walking past them, we have wondered whether you can split the cost among 2-3 families or is there a limit on the number of people who can use the cabana?  Does anything come with it such as drinks or food or are those extra?

The cabanas usually can be shared among 8 guests total but I believe you can add 1 or 2 for an extra cost. The only things that come with a cabana are a locked small safe for valuables, a couple of beach mats, a cooler of bottled water for all guests, and a personal cabana person to serve your drinks and food that you order. Food is provided but drinks are not, unless you've purchased a package from the ship.

6 hours ago, luv2sailAgain said:

I got a deal (pretty sure it was Black Friday 2019) for $55 each.  The sailing date was in May of 2020 ☹️. Oh well!!

and I got a Black Friday deal on it in 2020 for my July 2021 sailing on Odyssey--it was $43.99.  Covid nixed that sailing too. 

3 hours ago, SilkySal said:

The cabanas usually can be shared among 8 guests total but I believe you can add 1 or 2 for an extra cost. The only things that come with a cabana are a locked small safe for valuables, a couple of beach mats, a cooler of bottled water for all guests, and a personal cabana person to serve your drinks and food that you order. Food is provided but drinks are not, unless you've purchased a package from the ship.

and snorkeling gear.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Green said:

Simple, it's Supply and Demand. People are paying those prices so they are going to charge them.

any time you have as many 10,000 + people on a small island they going to be more demand then supply prices go up up.

• Like 2

The prices are insane for a few hours on the beach, in a cabana, or at the Beach Club for lunch. But people must be paying the prices. I feel really sorry for people that booked BC on our cruise in March. It was freezing cold, really windy and rainy, and red flag warnings for the water. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Agree, $160.99 was the Black Friday price for our past March sailing on the Wonder. 

We got the Black Friday deal last year.  With 2 ships in port and the sale I expected the Beach club to be busy.  It wasn’t at all.  Many rows of empty chairs and we had no trouble grabbing a couch under shade for the day.  The pool and bar was never busy.

So maybe Royal is having to charge more to cover the cost?  It gives a more exclusive experience but on our sailing people were not buying it.  I can’t imagine at $300 pp it’s going to be full. Our max would $100pp.  The cabanas however were sold out.