Diamond vouchers - bar run with multiple cards like did with drink package?

Sailing with other D's can you take multiple cards up and grab drinks?  With needing to sign and prepaid tips not added in, I'm guessing it could be different than taking a few singles and cards up making a UBP purchase.

Also, now that they print receipts I assume servers happy enough to just get tip there. I'm old school with the singles but the young adults in our group consider touching money akin to checkbooks; archaic. 

1 minute ago, CP3o said:

Sailing with other D's can you take multiple cards up and grab drinks?  With needing to sign and prepaid tips not added in, I'm guessing it could be different than taking a few singles and cards up making a UBP purchase.

Also, now that they print receipts I assume servers happy enough to just get tip there. I'm old school with the singles but the young adults in our group consider touching money akin to checkbooks; archaic. 

yes.  Husband did it with both of our cards a few times.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CP3o said:

Sailing with other D's can you take multiple cards up and grab drinks? 

Yes, or you can charge up to the daily allowance on one card. Having to sign for drinks varies widely across ships and venues.

Agree with above ..... once you establish a repour with you friendly bar staff.... often times signing slips goes away .... usually after tipping with cash up front. 

Our favorite cruises have been the ones with great bartenders - Waitstaff and room stewards .... I hope RCCL realizes this and rewards them accordingly as we do thru tipping and positive notes in the surveys. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Having to sign for drinks varies widely across ships and venues.

This. Never once signed for a D drink on Wonder last month. Had nothing to to do with venue or tipping (I tip after). Only one bartender actually "knew" us.

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

yes.  Husband did it with both of our cards a few times.  

I always get the drinks for both of us if we are using drink package or if we are using our diamond plus for free drinks , stopped buying drink package when rccl started the free 5 drinks for diamond plus.

29 minutes ago, George C said:

I always get the drinks for both of us if we are using drink package or if we are using our diamond plus for free drinks , stopped buying drink package when rccl started the free 5 drinks for diamond plus.

We are D+ after our October cruise.  I would never get drink package with the 5 drinks.  We rarely use all 4 now.

2 hours ago, CP3o said:

We’ve only had to sign once or twice. I have no problem bringing more than just my card to the bar.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

We are D+ after our October cruise.  I would never get drink package with the 5 drinks.  We rarely use all 4 now.

We normally use all 5 and we get a free 3 hour happy hour because we are in a suite.

• Like 1

While we find the generation of endless paper receipts to be a bit ironic considering they are trying to eliminate the use of paper everywhere else on the ship, we always order the same drinks each time, always sign, and always tip. We generally only frequent 2-3 bars on board, and we always sail B2B or longer cruises, so they get to know us quite well.

19 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

interesting.  The suite lounge on Grandeur took ours off each time.  

We definitely got free drinks in the 5 to 8 happy hour we saved our 5 drinks to either before or after the happy hour, if in a diamond lounge then they will count against your 4 or 5 . Also if I used my 5 and wife still had some I could use them even without her card.

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

A quick visit with the concierge will get that corrected

Wish I had seen this sooner!  I'll know for next time.  

Husband was really puzzled as he remembered the drinks not coming off on the Voyager suite lounge.  It's our 2nd time so we are newbies to the SL.

5 hours ago, topnole said:

If it was the suite lounge, they shouldn’t count against your Diamond drinks.   

They did.  We noticed after a show one night getting water for the am that we had 2 drinks a piece left on our receipt.  We had only ordered 2 drinks the whole day and both were in the lounge.  We didn't sign anything there but had given our cards both times we ordered drinks.

I'm curious. How long ago was this?  In the past when D+ were allowed in the suite lounge, they were still "charged" for their drinks, while the Suite passengers got free drinks.  Now that things have changed and only Pinnacles are allowed in the Suite Lounge (along w/Suite passengers), I think Pinns get 6 free vouchers, but would still be charged even if they are in the Suite Lounge.  When I'm in the Suite Lounge as a Suite passenger I've never been charged for drinks.

Thanks everyone for all the info. 

Do they still come at you boarding day with premade "welcome drinks" that newbies sometimes think are being offered for free?  I can't recall if saw them last cruise but I assume if my grown kids grab one they can use D perk up to $14.  Maybe that sort of stopped with drink packages.

12 minutes ago, CP3o said:

Thanks everyone for all the info. 

Do they still come at you boarding day with premade "welcome drinks" that newbies sometimes think are being offered for free?  I can't recall if saw them last cruise but I assume if my grown kids grab one they can use D perk up to $14.  Maybe that sort of stopped with drink packages.

Haven’t seen that post-covid.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, alex_drew said:

I'm curious. How long ago was this?  In the past when D+ were allowed in the suite lounge, they were still "charged" for their drinks, while the Suite passengers got free drinks.  Now that things have changed and only Pinnacles are allowed in the Suite Lounge (along w/Suite passengers), I think Pinns get 6 free vouchers, but would still be charged even if they are in the Suite Lounge.  When I'm in the Suite Lounge as a Suite passenger I've never been charged for drinks.

FYI - on many sailings, Pinnaces are not allowed in the suite lounge.  It depends on the number of Ps.   Varies by class of ship.  Not sure of the thresholds except that on recent Mariner B2B cruises (May 2023), Ps were allowed in the lounge one cruise but not the other.   Drinks ordered were charged to the daily drinks unless one was staying is a suite. 

M

12 hours ago, alex_drew said:

I was D+ and staying in a suite in the past year and was charged for drinks in the SL against my voucher instead of at no charge

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I was D+ and staying in a suite in the past year and was charged for drinks in the SL against my voucher instead of at no charge

You shouldn't have been (during Happy Hour or for any of the 11-11 drinks).

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1