Behind the scenes footage from Uni Uma, Osteria D’Ovidio and the Bistro

Stickman1990

3 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Some behind the scenes footage from Uni Uma, Osteria D’Ovidio and the Bistro - there’s some serious work going on!

You will need to access Instagram to view this 

https://instagram.com/stories/crystalcruises/3144735476581459187?

Wow, that's cool! Looks like they are working hard, and it's going to be beautiful!

• Like 2

It’s very annoying to put these updates behind Facebook or instagram. Not every Crystal fan wants to expose themselves to these internet personal info gathering entities. Keith, couldn’t you explain that they should put it up on their web site? I feel so deprived!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, suzeluvscruz said:

Keith, couldn’t you explain that they should put it up on their web site?

Why would Keith know? It’s a question for Crystal to answer - I guess their marketing and social media teams have their reasons for the limited release of these sort of previews

The reality is that in a few weeks there’ll be a ton of photos, videos and first hand counts of the onboard experience

Time will tell…

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Why would Keith know? It’s a question for Crystal to answer - I guess their marketing and social media teams have their reasons for the limited release of these sort of previews

The reality is that in a few weeks there’ll be a ton of photos, videos and first hand counts of the onboard experience

Time will tell…

Only because he seems to have a pipeline….😎

1 minute ago, suzeluvscruz said:

Only because he seems to have a pipeline….😎

Several have contacts in Crystal. Some don’t choose to bother them with non essential questions - they’re busy trying to get a cruise line up and running

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Disappointed.  I have always disliked booths.  Too many fat butts preceded me.  The booths in Prego are a prime example, as are almost all other restaurant booths.  OK for the first year or two, but they need to be reupholstered thereafter.  Paulo and Bruno were excellent - our profile noted our dislike of booths and they always tried to accommodate us.  Umi Uma never had booths.

1 hour ago, crickette said:

Disappointed.  I have always disliked booths.  Too many fat butts preceded me.  The booths in Prego are a prime example, as are almost all other restaurant booths.  OK for the first year or two, but they need to be reupholstered thereafter.  Paulo and Bruno were excellent - our profile noted our dislike of booths and they always tried to accommodate us.  Umi Uma never had booths.

Better hope I don't board first:

2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Several have contacts in Crystal. Some don’t choose to bother them with non essential questions - they’re busy trying to get a cruise line up and running

Any major question I’ve ever had has been quickly answered when I called or emailed my Crystal liaison. Sometimes within minutes. And I’m just a plebeian. The idea of insider info puzzles me. Why would Crystal make it available to only a few?

Thanks Stickman.

Edited by Cruise-y
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

IIRC, the upper level on Symphony had a "bench" that ran along the wall.  Also on Endeavor. Or am I highly mistaken?

Yes, on Symphony there were several two tops along that wall with bench seating facing out.  There were chairs on the other side of the tables.  As a solo I was usually given one of those bench two tops.  It was OK in that configuration since no one was required to scoot around like the large semicircular ones shown will need.  I do actually like the circles theme in the room....wall decoration, carpet design and even the looks of the semicircular booths.  I just don't like to have to "scooch" around into them!  I'll do it if necessary for great food though!

~Nancy

4 hours ago, suzeluvscruz said:

It’s very annoying to put these updates behind Facebook or instagram. Not every Crystal fan wants to expose themselves to these internet personal info gathering entities. Keith, couldn’t you explain that they should put it up on their web site? I feel so deprived!

I hear you and fully understand that some people do not have an instagram account and even if they do most people don't check everyday to see if something was posted.  I know I don't.  😀

I already have this as an item which I plan to ask them about at the appropriate time given comments I have heard from people including now yourself.

It is two-fold: Why do they limit them to instagram and why are they often kept up for 24 hours?  There might be a logical explanation for all of this (often there is) but I thought it was a good idea to ask them about

As to the comments made by one or two posters, my approach is never to tell anyone at a company how to run their business.  Never have. Never will. II do have a good track record on this as I do  of prioritizing questions that people have. I certainly don't take them all forward and I certainly am very well aware of how busy people have.  With that said, this is a good one to ask about and I will in due time.

Thank you for mentioning this.

Keith

Just an observation.

The venues are not eve complete and it seems that people don't like the look.

Speaking for myself it will be great to see the finished product and to dine there in person.  I am sure it will look great.  I have found over the years what one person thinks is a bad table another one loves. Waterside is a great example of that.  

Keith

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Just an observation.

The venues are not eve complete and it seems that people don't like the look.

Surely other people are entitled to their opinions and to express their views? - just as you are already ”sure it will look great” - even without seeing the finished product 

10 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Surely other people are entitled to their opinions and to express their views? - just as you are already ”sure it will look great” - even without seeing the finished product 

Surely I was giving my own opinion.  Surely you do this often. 

Some people give their opinions but do it without that obnoxious smiley face that just two or three do as a put down.

And someone can say the sun rises each day and sets and surely someone would have to disagree.

Cruise Critic is about opinion and surely usually there is not 100% agreement. If there was every thread would consist of a handful or less of comments.

So it goes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Surely I was giving my own opinion.  Surely you do this often. 

Some people give their opinions but do it without that obnoxious smiley face that just two or three do as a put down.

And someone can say the sun rises each day and sets and surely someone would have to disagree.

Cruise Critic is about opinion and surely usually there is not 100% agreement. If there was every thread would consist of a handful or less of comments.

So it goes.

I never use a smiley as a put down, only as a real smile or a roll eye when I believe Crystal isn’t communicating well. Please don’t take offense as it’s never meant that way. I’m not in the habit of putting people down, just entities when I get frustrated. 

Edited by suzeluvscruz

I generally do not tell companies how to run themselves but there are times that I as well as others wish a company did something different for the customer experience. Best example is Crystal, which actually asks the questions in the QAP. Companies don't run themselves, they are administered by humans, which is one of the reasons they hire consultants, to make it better. For example: on our first Crystal cruise in 1995, we removed the luggage tags from our suitcases to find a sticky gooey mess from the 100% adhesive tags. We made the suggestion to just put the adhesive just on the ends, and guess what? They did it! That's the real story of why your luggage tags never made a mess on your luggage handles. They actually thanked us for the suggestion! Truth!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, suzeluvscruz said:

I never use a smiley as a put down, only as a real smile or a roll eye when I believe Crystal isn’t communicating well. Please don’t take offense as it’s never meant that way. I’m not in the habit of putting people down, just entities when I get frustrated. 

Oh no worries. My comment was not directed to you.   You and everyone except for three people on this board use it as it was intended.   

once again good point about Instagram and I will be asking about this and if there are additional places so more people can see it

Sorry  for any typos. I am walking. 

Keith. 

• Like 1

There's kinda way too much attention being places in the the decor and the seating arrangements, which are going to have a tiny impact on the experience compared to the food and the service. As long as the room is functional and not horribly designed you probably will forget about it once you're there.

• Like 1