Does RCL know ***** their doing

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

I received two voice mail messages from RCL phone number 305-539-6000 telling me I needed to call them back regarding my May 2024 Celebrity cruise. There is a redeployment of ships from the Reflection to the Beyond. So I called the 305-539-6000 number and spoke to two different reps who said “this is Royal Caribbean I need to call Celebrity”. They couldn’t comprehend that I was calling back the number I was told to call. Both times I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and both times the call was disconnected during transfer. Maybe this is how RCL trains their call center, when someone asks to speak to a supervisor just drop the call! I have reached out to RCL corporate by e-mail. Not expecting a response but who knows. 

Once you learned that you were left the incorrect phone number, why did you call a second time??

I would have said, "Thanks, must have been given a wrong number", then hung up and called Celebrity. 

Why all the drama over a simple mistake - complaining about a call rep can cost them their job - or at least hurt their compensation.  The call rep didn't make the mistake - the original caller to you did.  Then YOU made the mistake of calling a second time, rather than calling the correct company.

SMH

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

I received two voice mail messages from RCL phone number 305-539-6000 telling me I needed to call them back regarding my May 2024 Celebrity cruise. There is a redeployment of ships from the Reflection to the Beyond. So I called the 305-539-6000 number and spoke to two different reps who said “this is Royal Caribbean I need to call Celebrity”. They couldn’t comprehend that I was calling back the number I was told to call. Both times I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and both times the call was disconnected during transfer. Maybe this is how RCL trains their call center, when someone asks to speak to a supervisor just drop the call! I have reached out to RCL corporate by e-mail. Not expecting a response but who knows. 

Google knows

1 (800) 647-2251

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

Just curious - did you ever find out if they are changing you from the Reflection to the Beyond?  That's a fairly major change in vessel types.  Beyond is a beautiful ship, but don't get me started on the infinity "balcony".  (Lots of threads on that subject on X board).

Sorry, I don't get it either. UNLESS the first CSR never gave the Celebrity number.  My second call would have been "I was told to call this number, I know it's wrong, can you give me the correct number?".  I don't understand asking for a supervisor for either call.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bocker3 said:

Once you learned that you were left the incorrect phone number, why did you call a second time??

I would have said, "Thanks, must have been given a wrong number", then hung up and called Celebrity. 

Why all the drama over a simple mistake - complaining about a call rep can cost them their job - or at least hurt their compensation.  The call rep didn't make the mistake - the original caller to you did.  Then YOU made the mistake of calling a second time, rather than calling the correct company.

SMH

Just curious…haven’t you ever gotten different information on the same question when you called a company more than once? If you haven’t, then you obviously have never dealt with a utility company. I agree it’s not a big issue, but neither is a second call.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Threedrones said:

Just curious…haven’t you ever gotten different information on the same question when you called a company more than once? If you haven’t, then you obviously have never dealt with a utility company. I agree it’s not a big issue, but neither is a second call.

I agree it's not unusual to get different information from different CSRs, but I still don't understand calling back a second time OR the supervisor.  Here's how I'm thinking the call SHOULD have gone:

OP: <dials number given>

CSR: "Hello, Royal Caribbean"

OP: "Hello, I had a message to call this number regarding my upcoming Celebrity cruise."

CSR: "Oh, you need to talk to Celebrity, here's their number... "

OP: "OK thank you." <hangs up>

OP: <Calls new number given>

What it sounds like happened:

CSR: "Hello, Royal Caribbean"

OP: "Hello, I had a message to call this number regarding my upcoming Celebrity cruise."

CSR: "Oh, you need to talk to Celebrity, here's their number... "

OP: "This was the number I was told to call.  I want to talk to a supervisor."

CSR: "You really need to talk to Celebrity, I can't help you."

OP: "I demand to talk to your supervisor!"

CSR: OK, let me transfer you." <gets disconnected>

CSR2: "Hello, Royal Caribbean"

CSR2: "Oh, you need to talk to Celebrity, here's their number... "

OP: "This was the number I was told to call.  I want to talk to a supervisor."

CSR: OK, let me transfer you." <gets disconnected>

OP: <upset and creates thread>

• Haha 8

26 minutes ago, Threedrones said:

Actually, the second call, in this case, in nonsensical.  She KNOWS she is sailing on Celebrity, so once she's told that this number is a Royal Caribbean number, there is no reason to call back.  None!

This had nothing to do with possibly getting the wrong information from the rep.  Unless you are saying that a call rep actually could have given the wrong name of the company they are working for??  

FWIW - I have worked in call centers (not as a phone rep), so I know how things work and I know what can go wrong,

This was nothing but high drama and lashing out(or trying to lash out) at the wrong person.

20 minutes ago, Bocker3 said:

Actually, the second call, in this case, in nonsensical.  She KNOWS she is sailing on Celebrity, so once she's told that this number is a Royal Caribbean number, there is no reason to call back.  None!

This had nothing to do with possibly getting the wrong information from the rep.  Unless you are saying that a call rep actually could have given the wrong name of the company they are working for??  

FWIW - I have worked in call centers (not as a phone rep), so I know how things work and I know what can go wrong,

This was nothing but high drama and lashing out(or trying to lash out) at the wrong person.

I have had dealings where The parent company will take the calls for others. Don’t forget, the op said this was a call back number.

3 hours ago, mitz18 said:

Just curious - did you ever find out if they are changing you from the Reflection to the Beyond?  That's a fairly major change in vessel types.  Beyond is a beautiful ship, but don't get me started on the infinity "balcony".  (Lots of threads on that subject on X board).

They are.  Announced a couple of weeks ago

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They are.  Announced a couple of weeks ago

Man, I'd be upset if I had a balcony booked and now I have an Infinity area.  Thanks - this is better left to the X thread.  Have a great day

Dear Newbie:

Thanks for your contact, we have looked into this issue and want to assure you that every necessary measure will be taken to try to not have this happen to you in the future. We never like to see mix-ups with the call centers. We here a Carnival Cruises always try to do the right thing.

Sincerely,

Chris Duffy

• Haha 1