CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE BEGINS FLEETWIDE ROLLOUT OF NEW DINING ROOM OFFERINGS

BlerkOne

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

We're on Venezia in Sept - maybe no more MDR, it's all buffet, all the time!! Those Venezia diners are going to learn how to navigate a buffet line if it kills 'em, lol 😆 😂 

I’d take the MDR over the buffet with either the old or the new menus.  Not a fan of the buffet…

• Like 1

12 hours ago, momin05 said:

We are on the 10/19 Sunshine sailing…very first sailing with the new menu. Not sure I am excited about that.  First, the new menu isn’t grabbing me so much.  And second, being the Guinea pig for their very first time!

Has anyone else sailed on the first sailing with the new menu?  Would love to hear some thoughts. 

My Wife and I were talking about this last night. I was so excited and she's like..."Great, it may be awesome..or it may be a ***** show!"

First night, new menus...Planning on long service times. Hopefully the food quality doesn't suffer. 

On 8/16/2023 at 9:57 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

Brand Ambassador John Heald posted on his FB page about the updated timeline for the rollout of the new MDR menus.  Here's the timeline:

Carnival-new-MDR-menu-rollout-schedule.thumb.jpg.731660ad07b9d91a8a55068eeac1e194.jpg

He mentioned in his post that the Luminosa and Splendor are scheduled to get it at the start of 2024.

Thanks for posting!  Where is Pride on the list?🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hard_eight said:

My Wife and I were talking about this last night. I was so excited and she's like..."Great, it may be awesome..or it may be a ***** show!"

First night, new menus...Planning on long service times. Hopefully the food quality doesn't suffer. 

I am thinking exactly like your wife…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

There were some queries about the Pride in the comments on Mr. Heald's post.  I haven't looked to see if anyone answered.

JH said in his post “I’m still waiting for the dates this year for Carnival Pride and Carnival Venezia.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 8 months later...
On 7/20/2023 at 3:21 PM, rainbowflag said:

Carnival announced 2 days ago the horrible strip loin steak on the every day menu in the MDR has been replaced with the flat iron steak they used to serve. If not familiar, you may want to google the flat iron. Some beef lovers will find it interesting reading how this cut was "discovered". We're hoping the flat iron will also be served with the steak and eggs entrée at the seaday brunch. 

Sorry to resurrect an oldish thread but has anyone seen the flat iron return? My last carnival cruise was October 23 and it wasn't back then. Next one is August 24 so just wondering. 

4 minutes ago, abbeydoo said:

Sorry to resurrect an oldish thread but has anyone seen the flat iron return? My last carnival cruise was October 23 and it wasn't back then. Next one is August 24 so just wondering. 

In March I swear it was the striploin 🤔

26 minutes ago, abbeydoo said:

Not on the recent Glory Transatlantic.

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2023 at 12:19 PM, BlerkOne said:

When we sailed Elation in March, we had the new menu. I thought the food was the best overall we have had in the MDR on Carnival 

Edited by simplelife

15 hours ago, simplelife said:

When we sailed Elation in March, we had the new menu. I thought the food was the best overall we have had in the MDR on Carnival 

IT is a def improvement.

On 7/19/2023 at 11:18 AM, Tiger0613 said:

Nothing about my comments indicated that I was in a hurry.  I like being on the water, but I don't recite the mantra of just being happy to be on a ship.  Cruising isn't my only vacation of choice.  I love flying, train travel, bus travel, large city exploration, conventions, and theme parks.  I love travel in general, not just cruising.

That's what I did when I was still willing to go to the dining room each night.  Most appetizers and entrees had onions, peppers, and other things I don't like.  I also don't eat any beef other than hamburgers, any pork other than bacon, ribs, boneless thighs cut into chunks, and occasionally a small piece of sliced ham, and any chicken other than fried chicken(wings, legs, and tenders), rotisserie chicken(any part), and my mom's baked gizzards.

Most of the time the items I despise are unlisted.  Several of the desserts either have alcohol, coffee, meringue, or fruit flavors I don't like.  I don't like the melting cake.  I can only tolerate one of the cheeses on the cheese plate once.  Fruit plates and banana splits get old fast.

I decided after my fourth cruise in a row(Freedom 1/22, Radiance 8/22, Glory 11/22, and Glory 2/23) with really crappy service at supper in the dining room, I would only go to the dining room for the strawberry soup and then leave.  Before I could do that, they changed the menus and removed the strawberry soup.  My next cruise is the 14 day cruise on the Glory in December.  My attendance will be entirely dependent on there being something I want to eat without having to think about it.  If there is any doubt, I won't go.

Service at breakfast, sea day brunch, Seuss breakfast, and tea time are great.  Lunch hasn't been an option on any of my cruises since May 2017 on an Alaska cruise.  Service at supper was good in June 2002 and from February 2016 through December 2021.  My mom and I have just had too many bad experiences to have any enthusiasm about the main dining room for supper.

I'm not saying this to be rude or throwing shade in any way, but why not try other lines? As you can see by my signature I've traveled across various lines so I'm not particularly devoted to any. Each line has it's own menus and preparation methods. I would be really disappointed if I couldn't find something I liked on the dinner menus. The dining adds so much to the cruise. 

1 hour ago, larry_s_taco said:

I'm not saying this to be rude or throwing shade in any way, but why not try other lines? As you can see by my signature I've traveled across various lines so I'm not particularly devoted to any. Each line has it's own menus and preparation methods. I would be really disappointed if I couldn't find something I liked on the dinner menus. The dining adds so much to the cruise. 

Based on the poster's extensive list of things they won't eat, I am not sure that any cruise line is going to have a menu that is going to make them happy.

4 hours ago, cruisegus said:

Can anyone please point in a direction situation I can view the NEW dinner minus for each day

Thank you

I think @Saint Greg has the new dinner menus on his website saintgregtravel.com under Carnival /Food And Drink menus /Main Dining Room

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1