CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE BEGINS FLEETWIDE ROLLOUT OF NEW DINING ROOM OFFERINGS

BlerkOne

I hate this.  I refuse to go to the dining room now that they are getting rid of the strawberry soup.  Since the service has been really crappy since January 2022, I was only going to go for the strawberry soup on the first night and then leave after eating it.

Several days on every cruise I have struggled to find something to eat.  After not receiving my entree an hour after service started in November 2022, I stopped going to the dining room after the first night.  There were only 7 people in my section across four tables at the late seating.

The new menus are lackluster for me and my mother.

Edited by Tiger0613
  • Haha 8

51 minutes ago, Tiger0613 said:

I hate this.  I refuse to go to the dining room now that they are getting rid of the strawberry soup.  Since the service has been really crappy since January 2022, I was only going to go for the strawberry soup on the first night and then leave after eating it.

Several days on every cruise I have struggled to find something to eat.  After not receiving my entree an hour after service started in November 2022, I stopped going to the dining room after the first night.  There were only 7 people in my section across four tables at the late seating.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the strawberry soup and the cheese plate will be back, if they aren't already.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

Can't find anything to eat? If you don't like any entre offered, order 3-4-5-6 appetizers and a few deserts. Besides your on a cruise, life is to short, what's the hurry

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 7/17/2023 at 7:38 PM, Edhoff said:

Can't find anything to eat? If you don't like any entre offered, order 3-4-5-6 appetizers and a few deserts. Besides your on a cruise, life is to short, what's the hurry

Nothing about my comments indicated that I was in a hurry.  I like being on the water, but I don't recite the mantra of just being happy to be on a ship.  Cruising isn't my only vacation of choice.  I love flying, train travel, bus travel, large city exploration, conventions, and theme parks.  I love travel in general, not just cruising.

That's what I did when I was still willing to go to the dining room each night.  Most appetizers and entrees had onions, peppers, and other things I don't like.  I also don't eat any beef other than hamburgers, any pork other than bacon, ribs, boneless thighs cut into chunks, and occasionally a small piece of sliced ham, and any chicken other than fried chicken(wings, legs, and tenders), rotisserie chicken(any part), and my mom's baked gizzards.

Most of the time the items I despise are unlisted.  Several of the desserts either have alcohol, coffee, meringue, or fruit flavors I don't like.  I don't like the melting cake.  I can only tolerate one of the cheeses on the cheese plate once.  Fruit plates and banana splits get old fast.

I decided after my fourth cruise in a row(Freedom 1/22, Radiance 8/22, Glory 11/22, and Glory 2/23) with really crappy service at supper in the dining room, I would only go to the dining room for the strawberry soup and then leave.  Before I could do that, they changed the menus and removed the strawberry soup.  My next cruise is the 14 day cruise on the Glory in December.  My attendance will be entirely dependent on there being something I want to eat without having to think about it.  If there is any doubt, I won't go.

Service at breakfast, sea day brunch, Seuss breakfast, and tea time are great.  Lunch hasn't been an option on any of my cruises since May 2017 on an Alaska cruise.  Service at supper was good in June 2002 and from February 2016 through December 2021.  My mom and I have just had too many bad experiences to have any enthusiasm about the main dining room for supper.

Edited by Tiger0613
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

In case you didn't see my edit:

Nothing about my comments indicated that I was in a hurry.  I like being on the water, but I don't recite the mantra of just being happy to be on a ship.  Cruising isn't my only vacation of choice.  I love flying, train travel, bus travel, large city exploration, conventions, and theme parks.  I love travel in general, not just cruising.

I cruise twice a year in odd number years and once in even number years.  I go to Disney World twice a year.  I go to Los Angeles in even numbered years for Power Morphicon.  I explore Los Angeles county and visit a theme park while I am there.

This year so far:

I went to Disney World in January for 6 nights.  I flew to Orlando and then flew to my mom after that.  I took my mom on a 7 day cruise in February.  We took a bus.  I went to Disney World in March for two days for a TRON passholder preview.  I took a bus.  My mom and I visited her family in April.  I took a bus to New Orleans and stayed overnight, a train to Chicago and stayed overnight, and then flew to my mom the next day.  I did some sightseeing in Chicago.  My mom drove us to her family in Iowa.  I flee home.  I took the bus, train, and plane in May to my mom to help her pack since we sold her house.  We wnet back to where she lived to get the stuff we had to leave behind in a storage unit.  My mom drove.

Coming up this year:

My mom and I are taking a roundtrip bus and train to Chicago in August to sightsee.  I'm going to Disney World in September for 10 nights.  I will fly each way.  I am flying to London in November for 8 nights to eat and sightsee.  My mom and I are going on a 14 night cruise in December.  We will take a bus and stay a night in New Orleans on each end.

Is that enough living for you?

Also, to the people that laughed at my original post, an opinion that goes against the prevailing narrative shouldn't elicit a laugh.  I don't laugh at opinions on here that I disagree with.  I deserve the same respect.

You are certainly allowed to be disappointed and have your opinion. But you do sound like a picky eater and can't expect the dining room menus to cater to those specific preferences. My mom is married to a picky eater, and it can be really frustrating for her. For example, she can't order any pre-made meal kits due to them containing ingredients he won't eat. And it's hard for them to eat out at new places for the reasons you have listed, many items don't give detailed descriptions with all the ingredients so he often finds something offending on his plate. It's great that you have someone to travle with who isn't bothered by this. 

Edited by sanger727
  • Like 9

I am happy for everyone that likes the new menu, but, DH and I only eat beef or chicken, there is only one beef dish we would eat.  I know we should expand our horizons when it comes to food but we have tried and truly don't like anything else.  I guess we are just too plain when it comes to eating.

We are sailing on Vista and Venezia in 2025, hopefully we can find something at the buffet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coscab said:

I am happy for everyone that likes the new menu, but, DH and I only eat beef or chicken, there is only one beef dish we would eat.  I know we should expand our horizons when it comes to food but we have tried and truly don't like anything else.  I guess we are just too plain when it comes to eating.

We are sailing on Vista and Venezia in 2025, hopefully we can find something at the buffet.

Carnival announced 2 days ago the horrible strip loin steak on the every day menu in the MDR has been replaced with the flat iron steak they used to serve. If not familiar, you may want to google the flat iron. Some beef lovers will find it interesting reading how this cut was "discovered". We're hoping the flat iron will also be served with the steak and eggs entrée at the seaday brunch. 

Edited by rainbowflag
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rainbowflag said:

Carnival announced 2 days ago the horrible strip loin steak on the every day menu in the MDR has been replaced with the flat iron steak they used to serve. If not familiar, you may want to google the flat iron. Some beef lovers will find it interesting reading how this cut was "discovered". We're hoping the flat iron will also be served with the steak and eggs entrée at the seaday brunch. 

Thanks for this, I was wondering if there were other offerings besides what is listed in link above.  Last time we were on carnival was awhile ago.

• Like 1