Carnival Pride is crippled at sea

LLindaC

Following a friend on the Pride. Last stop was Kiel. Ship stopped after Kiel area. Not the first time Carnival ship has had issue with propulsion. They are trying to turn it around and head back to port. Looks like cruise is over.

Jimbo is doing a live from the Pride now, and he and  other cruisers on the ship are keeping us up to date.  Here's hoping the the propulsion system is fixed soon, and it doesn't have to negative impact on this cruise and the next.  We are scheduled to cruise the Pride on July 30, so fingers crossed for all Pride cruisers this month! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We’ve been on about 40 cruises, 5 lines. The last Carnival cruise I took was a nightmare…I will just leave it there. Look at the number of ships which have had mechanical problems. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, LLindaC said:

We’ve been on about 40 cruises, 5 lines. The last Carnival cruise I took was a nightmare…I will just leave it there. Look at the number of ships which have had mechanical problems. 

Propulsion issues aren't limited to Carnival.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, LLindaC said:

Disney

RCI 

Norwegian

They all have issues...They're mechanical boats constantly running EVERYDAY, something is going to give from time to time

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I have to think that the ships sitting idle during Covid, then the constant push to continue cruises after the re-start, possibly delaying some routine maintenance, are part of the issue with the propulsion issues. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, LTCruzer said:

I have to think that the ships sitting idle during Covid, then the constant push to continue cruises after the re-start, possibly delaying some routine maintenance, are part of the issue with the propulsion issues. 

It just came out of dry dock.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LTCruzer said:

The ships weren't sitting idle during covid. While they weren't bringing in revenue they were still out and about thus the big deficit cruise lines endured during covid having to keep filling the ships with fuel and provisions for the skeleton crews.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LLindaC said:

You should ask Mr. Google about the propulsion problems that the Allure, Anthem,  Quantum,  Ovation, and  Grandeur have had, but thanks for your concern. 😎

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

You should ask Mr. Google about the propulsion problems that the Allure, Anthem,  Quantum,  Ovation, and  Grandeur have had, but thanks for your concern. 😎

A few years ago we were on a Royal ship and our planned Western Caribbean cruise turned into an Eastern one (informed at boarding) due to a propulsion problem.  It happens, but hoping for a quick fix.  Carnival will announce tomorrow if they can operate a shorter cruise for the one originally planned for July 21, which was just cancelled. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LLindaC said:

Not the first time Carnival ship has had issue with propulsion. 

@LLindaC

I'll use your (Crippled At Sea) exaggerated wording as well. Click on the links below. 

Royal Anthem Seas CRIPPLED AT SEA (Click Here To Read)

Royal Grandeur Seas CRIPPLED AT SEA (Click Here To Read)

Holland Nieuw Amsterdam CRIPPLED AT SEA (Click Here To Read)

MSC Seascape CRIPPLED AT SEA (Click Here To Read)

Disney Wish CRIPPLED AT SEA (Click Here To Read)

Norwegian Dawn CRIPPLED AT SEA (Click Here To Read)

Celebrity Silhouette CRIPPLED AT SEA (Click Here To Read)

🍹

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

Interesting that a loyal Royal would run to the Carnival boards to post bad news about a Carnival ship.  Anyway, "Ship" happens as they say and it can and has happened to other cruise lines. I feel badly for the people who are on their way there or already there getting ready for their cruise. Hopefully they can salvage their vacations!! It sounds like Carnival is being generous with their offer.

• Like 2

I was looking at the statistics from the maritime reports,  folks. The reason I’m here is because I have friends on board and was seeing if there’s news. I have sailed Princess, Norwegian, Celebrity, HAL…no name calling needed. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LLindaC said:

All cruise lines have had mechanical issues.  Ships, cars, trains they all break down and have to be fixed.  Maybe you hear about Carnival a little more because they have more ships I believe.  It happens.

As posted previously, it does happen to other cruise lines. It seem though that the people that cruise those lines have an unspoken agreement not to talk about it. When NCL of the Seas has a problem the posts are usually short and sweet and drop off page one quickly. They remind me of those families that know grandma has a "problem" involving fermented grape beverages and cousin Jimmy is a frequent resident of the county jail, but they want to make sure it's kept in the family lest those pesky carnies show up on their forum. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

In the past 3 days my central a/c broke down, shower drain clogged and garage door opener broke.  I can only imagine what it takes to keep a cruise ship going.  

I can go to the hardware store for you too! 😉

• Haha 3