New today - Extra Stuff in Princess Plus & Premier

Princess has added some extra "benefits" to Plus & Premier packages.

Plus:

• NEW! Unlimited MedallionNet 2.0 with Fleetwide Starlink and 5G for single device

• NEW! Two prix fixe meals at any casual dining location per voyage

• NEW! Free OceanNow Delivery Service Activation

• NEW! Complimentary Room Service

• NEW! “Green Lane” Express Boarding (Free Medallion device delivery included)

Premier:

• NEW! Unlimited MedallionNet 2.0 with Fleetwide Starlink and 5G for up to 4 devices

• Two nights of specialty dining

• NEW! Unlimited prix fixe meals at any casual dining location

• NEW! Free OceanNow Delivery Service Activation

• NEW! Complimentary Room Service

• NEW! “Green Lane” Express Boarding (Free Medallion device delivery included)

These new perks will be rolling out (at no extra charge) fleetwide from August 2023. Coral will be the last ship to add this, as it will start on 20th September, after the current voyage.

I don't think you can open the attachment to view on site. You can right click on the link, and "save as" to view on your puter.

PrincessPlusandPremierEnhancements27-July2023.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, forgot, what are Prix Fixe meals?

We’re introducing exciting new 3-course prixe meals at our casual dining venues. These vary by ship, but include: O’Malley’s, Ocean Terrace, Vines, Alfredo’s Pizzeria, Gigi’s Pizzeria, Kai Sushi, Planks, BBQ, Steamers and Salty Dog Gastropub.

These meals will be $23pp when purchased separately on the ship, and I figure they are a follow on from those various "pub" menus.

15 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

How long has room service not been complimentary for us plebs?

It was free on my last Princess cruise in March for me.

Sounds like there has been a change or is going to be one.

2 minutes ago, TommyH2006 said:

Last cruise I did Alfredo's was free for everyone. 

Last time I went there all I paid for were the drinks.

It will be interesting to see what I have to pay for at Alfredo's on my next cruise.

I wonder in the following years if I will have to pay for a cheese and tomato toasted croissant at the International Café. 🤔 I'm not being serious, just kidding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TommyH2006 said:

So we get two "free" meals in Alfredo's then pay $23 for the rest? Last cruise I did Alfredo's was free for everyone. 

What next from Princess???

Celebrity is starting to look good in future.

Celebrity has never looked good in US dollars. I hear their drink prices are sky high.

• Like 1

I also noticed in the announcement that Princess Plus drinks price is $15. Am I able to get a  glass of white wine for $15?

Also, I guess I am never going to be in the Green Lane as I presume I still cannot get my medallion delivered to my home!

Edited by resordanis

Princess make it sound like they are giving extras to Plus and Premier packages, if these things were free before they are not extras. This is just a way to charge anyone without a package extra for what was free before. Sad day.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I also noticed in the announcement that Princess Plus drinks price is $15. Am I able to get a  glass of white wine for $15?

Also, I guess I am never going to be in the Green Lane as I presume I still cannot get my medallion delivered to my home!

That's tUtheSD limit. The AUD limit is $22 still, I think.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Te Aroha said:

Princess make it sound like they are giving extras to Plus and Premier packages, if these things were free before they are not extras. This is just a way to charge anyone without a package extra for what was free before. Sad day.

Cutting back on the basics to "encourage" people to book the Plus or Premier fares. I wonder how long it will be until there is another price hike on those. The luxury lines are looking more and more competitive these days.

• Like 5

It appears Princess wants the majority of people to be on either Plus or Premier Plus, as they're giving more to the packages but adding more charges to people who don't take the packages. I still think Plus is the best value at sea though, given its nearly half the price of RCCL or Celebrity and they don't even include coffee.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Gerko said:

It appears Princess wants the majority of people to be on either Plus or Premier Plus, as they're giving more to the packages but adding more charges to people who don't take the packages. I still think Plus is the best value at sea though, given its nearly half the price of RCCL or Celebrity and they don't even include coffee.

It would be good value if they had decent wines by the glass. They promise 25 wines under Plus but only have 9 available so not a good selection ie there are only two white wines - a semillon/sauvignon and an oaky chardonnay - neither of which I can drink.

To me its just a bit of a slippery slope, to where I’m not sure yet. Perhaps insidious attack on inclusions is a better way of describing it. Whats their end goal? Cabin only fares? Princess are taking away freebies and charging you for them. They are adding things to the Plus package but also slowly increasing the price of the package by including things that where free anyway. There are quite a few things they could do to force more people onto the package....

I’m pleased to see I can still have breakfast in bed for no charge. I’ve resigned myself to the Blue Lane. I’d rather pick up my medallion in port where it is a lot less likely to get lost in transit. All I can do is calculate the cost of what I have to pay for before each cruise and go for the best value which is Standard at the moment.

I hope some people don’t get confused, and are given a printout card of what they get in their package to be displayed in their cabin. We don’t want arguments. I’ll be able to see this new system it in action on a cruise beginning late August. 🙄

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It would be good value if they had decent wines by the glass. They promise 25 wines under Plus but only have 9 available so not a good selection ie there are only two white wines - a semillon/sauvignon and an oaky chardonnay - neither of which I can drink.

I bought only one glass of wine on my last cruise. It was a way overpriced Oz brand. I think, in future, I may just have water with my meals. It's not about not being not able to afford it, I can, it's the rip-off prices that doesn't sit well with me.

• Like 6

Was just reading through these changes and noticed this!

1. Will I receive the new perks if I purchased Princess Plus or Premier at the old rate of $50/$85 per day?
    You can absolutely upgrade to the new perks at the new price! If you do not wish to upgrade, you can enjoy the package with the original perks as you initially purchased them.

Looks like if you booked a while ago as we did and paid the old price, then you need to upgrade to get these changes included..........I then checked my travel summery, and it only lists the drinks package and the WiFi, nothing else, i do remember seeing something about needing to upgrade to get the 2 deserts and fitness classes when that addition was made but we didn't think it was worth it, now these changes, so even though we have the plus package it WON'T include these new extras.

Pretty poor from Princess if you ask me, surely if you have booked AND paid, they should be included if they change, and the new price and inclusion are valid for bookings made from when this was introduced, that is from today!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TommyH2006 said:

So we get two "free" meals in Alfredo's then pay $23 for the rest? Last cruise I did Alfredo's was free for everyone. 

What next from Princess???

Celebrity is starting to look good in future.

Alfredos menu is still free. The "pub" menu is the one that they currently charge for on the ships that have it, and that is the one that will be included in the package.

1 hour ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

To me its just a bit of a slippery slope, to where I’m not sure yet. Perhaps insidious attack on inclusions is a better way of describing it. Whats their end goal? Cabin only fares? Princess are taking away freebies and charging you for them. They are adding things to the Plus package but also slowly increasing the price of the package by including things that where free anyway. There are quite a few things they could do to force more people onto the package....

I’m pleased to see I can still have breakfast in bed for no charge. I’ve resigned myself to the Blue Lane. I’d rather pick up my medallion in port where it is a lot less likely to get lost in transit. All I can do is calculate the cost of what I have to pay for before each cruise and go for the best value which is Standard at the moment.

I hope some people don’t get confused, and are given a printout card of what they get in their package to be displayed in their cabin. We don’t want arguments. I’ll be able to see this new system it in action on a cruise beginning late August. 🙄

There is a tab in the personaliser that lists what you get, which you can print off. Yes, there is confusion between the old packages and new ones.

17 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

Was just reading through these changes and noticed this!

1. Will I receive the new perks if I purchased Princess Plus or Premier at the old rate of $50/$85 per day?
    You can absolutely upgrade to the new perks at the new price! If you do not wish to upgrade, you can enjoy the package with the original perks as you initially purchased them.

Looks like if you booked a while ago as we did and paid the old price, then you need to upgrade to get these changes included..........I then checked my travel summery, and it only lists the drinks package and the WiFi, nothing else, i do remember seeing something about needing to upgrade to get the 2 deserts and fitness classes when that addition was made but we didn't think it was worth it, now these changes, so even though we have the plus package it WON'T include these new extras.

Pretty poor from Princess if you ask me, surely if you have booked AND paid, they should be included if they change, and the new price and inclusion are valid for bookings made from when this was introduced, that is from today!

At least you automatically scored the increased drink cap price. They were trying to disguise the price increase among the extra dessert & gym classes, and correct that nobody in their right mind would upgrade to score those other than daily gym passengers. Still now, expanded package for the expanded price if you want it, and you are still getting everything you paid for when you booked if you don't.

5 hours ago, sewgood said:

It was free on my last Princess cruise in March for me.

Sounds like there has been a change or is going to be one.

Last time I went there all I paid for were the drinks.

It will be interesting to see what I have to pay for at Alfredo's on my next cruise.

I wonder in the following years if I will have to pay for a cheese and tomato toasted croissant at the International Café. 🤔 I'm not being serious, just kidding.

It appears that going by the US info, they will have a $5 room service delivery charge.

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2023/07/NR-Princess-Plus-and-Premier-Enhancements-27-July-2023.html

It looks like this applies to medallion orders for drinks & snacks, but not for room service breakfast. From the other link:

5 - Will I still be able to order breakfast for delivery through the doorknob card I find in my stateroom? Can I continue to order housekeeping items like ice buckets or bathrobes with no charge? Breakfast ordered for stateroom delivery by placing the card outside your door will continue to be complimentary and no additional fees will be charged. The same is true for ordering housekeeping items either by telephone or through your stateroom steward.

Alfredo's menu is still complimentary, the "Gastro Pub" menu will have a charge, wherever they have it on that ship. There is already a charge for that menu on the ships that have it in Salty Dog or the like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Alfredos menu is still free. The "pub" menu is the one that they currently charge for on the ships that have it, and that is the one that will be included in the package.

No, Alfredos is one of the "casual dining" restaurants. If you want a pizza at Alfredos it will cost around $22 if you don't have the $65pp per day Plus package. Alfredos pizza isn't worth that much!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, Alfredos is one of the "casual dining" restaurants. If you want a pizza at Alfredos it will cost around $22 if you don't have the $65pp per day Plus package. Alfredos pizza isn't worth that much!

As I read the other posts, Alfredos will now have a 3 course fixed price option for USD$15/AUD$22 and other items on the menu will be a la carte.  No word on how much a pizza alone will cost.