Just got an email outlining the "NEW" offerings

canadarocks

13 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I too am wondering where my notification emails are. I wonder if the difference is using a TA or booking direct. I seem to recall that Princess will often, but not always, communicate directly with passengers booked direct and, conversely, send the same information to TAs for distribution to their booked clients. So for those who have received the email, are your booked direct or through a TA?

Booked direct.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I too am wondering where my notification emails are. I wonder if the difference is using a TA or booking direct. I seem to recall that Princess will often, but not always, communicate directly with passengers booked direct and, conversely, send the same information to TAs for distribution to their booked clients. So for those who have received the email, are your booked direct or through a TA?

Got ours yesterday and we booked with a TA.

4 hours ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Nope me neither

whoever manages Princesses databases haven’t had the memo to deploy the emails here in UK too 🙄

Has anyone outside of USA gotten this email?

No joy with my moan to Princess. Shocked I tell you 😏

Canada here and yes we got the email.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mcship said:

Cap Gemini outsourcing.   But, compared to NCL (oracle systems), CCL is perfect.  NCL systems are horrible, but if you have ever worked with oracle data systems, that should be no surprise.

I don't know that I would be blaming Oracle - they have great database software and applications.  IDK all the situation of course, but it is more likely a people resource issue and not the database software. 

I gather you are stating that Cap Gemini is now the provider of IT resources for Ocean project?  If so, I would say that this is at least the second large IT resource company that I am aware of PCL using.  It is certainly a common thing that many companies do - hire on one of the largest 5 or so IT outfits on the basis that they are professionals and do this all the time, etc.  Who knows if they had any experience in the area.  What these companies do is bring some all-stars during pre-sales and then the project is largely staffed with lower-end experience staff or overseas resources and managed by one or two more experienced types.  They have ways to bump up billable hours as that is a goal.  I worked with more than one of the big players on projects in my career (not as an employee) and I was least impressed with the encounter with Cap Gemini, but of course that is based on one encounter and a relatively small number of their resources.  One of my best projects occurred with a large US organization where one of the "Big Five" had been fired and they re-staffed the project with all independents.  This was largest project I ever worked on and there were about 100 of us and about 100 of the organization's own employees also involved.

There are a lot of boutique consulting firms that can dance circles around the big players.  But, like trying to find a great TA, it can be a process.  There is an old saying in IT:  "No one gets fired for going with IBM".

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Nope me neither

whoever manages Princesses databases haven’t had the memo to deploy the emails here in UK too 🙄

Has anyone outside of USA gotten this email?

No joy with my moan to Princess. Shocked I tell you 😏

Received in Canada

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If I booked my mom her cruise in April 2023 and got the premier package then, which does she have, the old or the new?  

I don't have an invoice showing the pricing breakdown, just a total, so I can't remember if it was $75 or $80.  Just trying to figure out if I need to call and pay to "upgrade" or not.  Don't want her to have any extra charges onboard.  Thanks.

26 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

If I booked my mom her cruise in April 2023 and got the premier package then, which does she have, the old or the new?  

I don't have an invoice showing the pricing breakdown, just a total, so I can't remember if it was $75 or $80.  Just trying to figure out if I need to call and pay to "upgrade" or not.  Don't want her to have any extra charges onboard.  Thanks.

The new packages are purchased any time Dec 14, 2022 onwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I don't know that I would be blaming Oracle - they have great database software and applications.  IDK all the situation of course, but it is more likely a people resource issue and not the database software. 

I gather you are stating that Cap Gemini is now the provider of IT resources for Ocean project?  If so, I would say that this is at least the second large IT resource company that I am aware of PCL using.  It is certainly a common thing that many companies do - hire on one of the largest 5 or so IT outfits on the basis that they are professionals and do this all the time, etc.  Who knows if they had any experience in the area.  What these companies do is bring some all-stars during pre-sales and then the project is largely staffed with lower-end experience staff or overseas resources and managed by one or two more experienced types.  They have ways to bump up billable hours as that is a goal.  I worked with more than one of the big players on projects in my career (not as an employee) and I was least impressed with the encounter with Cap Gemini, but of course that is based on one encounter and a relatively small number of their resources.  One of my best projects occurred with a large US organization where one of the "Big Five" had been fired and they re-staffed the project with all independents.  This was largest project I ever worked on and there were about 100 of us and about 100 of the organization's own employees also involved.

There are a lot of boutique consulting firms that can dance circles around the big players.  But, like trying to find a great TA, it can be a process.  There is an old saying in IT:  "No one gets fired for going with IBM".

Oracle database is good.  But the app space?  Not so much.  But yes, choosing them is a "you dont get fired" choice.

• Like 1

We sail on the discovery on Sept 3rd and I got the email yesterday. We are in a Penthouse Suite and have the Plus package, supplied by our TA.

We booked in December, so I don't know what's included, what isn't and what's the upgrade path. Surely if I don't have everything, Surely I can't be expected to pay $60 or $80 a day on top of what's already been paid?

• Like 2

Got mine yesterday and we sail in 2 weeks.  Keeping my standard fare adn not buying a package.  Wife doesn't drink and I only drink beer no not worth it from a financial perspective.  And I don;t ned the internet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

We sail on the discovery on Sept 3rd and I got the email yesterday. We are in a Penthouse Suite and have the Plus package, supplied by our TA.

We booked in December, so I don't know what's included, what isn't and what's the upgrade path. Surely if I don't have everything, Surely I can't be expected to pay $60 or $80 a day on top of what's already been paid?

You can check with your TA to see which plus package you have.

You should be able to see your package and what is included on your record.  Check the App under packages.  It should show.

11 minutes ago, doghog said:

Received the email yesterday. Booked with a TA but the Email came directly from Princess. What restaurants are considered casual dining on the Enchanted? 

There is a complete PDF on Princess.com under dining page(s).  You can also check the deck plans on Princess.com.  Casual Dining is divided into "for free" and "for fee".  Casual Dining in general is anything where they serve food that isn't the MDR or SD (Specialty Dining).

• Thanks 1

Ahhhh!! As a newish Princess cruiser, I am so confused! We purchased Plus with our booking which was in 2022. At the time we were told there would be no shipping charge for the Medallion, but when I purchased it I was charged $10. While we didn’t receive an email about the upgrade from the old Plus to new Plus, my parents did. We were told that we don’t HAVE to purchase it and since I can’t eat the desserts anyway, don’t do fitness classes and can get my own drinks, we chose not to upgrade, but when I look at my account it shows as PURCHASED, so I guess I would have to call anyway even though the website says to upgrade via the website……not an option. i don’t even know if our drink max will be $12 (what it was when purchased) or $15 (which many people have said they are receiving). I keep asking myself why we spent so much $$ to go on this cruise and the only answer I have is that my parents are elite with Princess and this will likely be their last cruise and they wanted us to go. It’s definitely a one and done for us (actually 2. We sailed Princess once many years ago) I have 4 bookings on our tried and true, Celebrity, and will stick with them. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Ahhhh!! As a newish Princess cruiser, I am so confused! We purchased Plus with our booking which was in 2022. At the time we were told there would be no shipping charge for the Medallion, but when I purchased it I was charged $10. While we didn’t receive an email about the upgrade from the old Plus to new Plus, my parents did. We were told that we don’t HAVE to purchase it and since I can’t eat the desserts anyway, don’t do fitness classes and can get my own drinks, we chose not to upgrade, but when I look at my account it shows as PURCHASED, so I guess I would have to call anyway even though the website says to upgrade via the website……not an option. i don’t even know if our drink max will be $12 (what it was when purchased) or $15 (which many people have said they are receiving). I keep asking myself why we spent so much $$ to go on this cruise and the only answer I have is that my parents are elite with Princess and this will likely be their last cruise and they wanted us to go. It’s definitely a one and done for us (actually 2. We sailed Princess once many years ago) I have 4 bookings on our tried and true, Celebrity, and will stick with them. 

Price wise Celebrity is much more expensive than Princess. That is our opinion as we cruise Celebrity and just got off of the Equinox and Apex. 

Other cruise lines charge more for their beverage package only, than what you are paying for the Princess Plus or Premium per day. You even get more with Princess.

Not a cheerleader for Princess. Just comparing apples to 🍎.

Happy Cruising! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Price wise Celebrity is much more expensive than Princess. That is our opinion as we cruise Celebrity and just got off of the Equinox and Apex. 

Other cruise lines charge more for their beverage package only, than what you are paying for the Princess Plus or Premium per day. You even get more with Princess.

Not a cheerleader for Princess. Just comparing apples to 🍎.

Happy Cruising! 

I respectfully disagree. I know what I paid for my upcoming Princess cruise and it is VERY comparable to our Celebrity cruises. I have even had higher class cabins on Celebrity that are cheaper than what we paid for Princess. I do agree though, that the drink packages do vary some 

• Like 2

I booked a cruise on 6/2/2023 with Princess Plus (so this would be the Plus 60) and should receive the free medallion shipping, 2 included casual specialty dining, and included Ocean Now delivery.  But I don’t see this on my Travel Summary.  

Does anyone who has Princess Plus-60 see the three “new” items on their Travel Summary?

9 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

I respectfully disagree. I know what I paid for my upcoming Princess cruise and it is VERY comparable to our Celebrity cruises. I have even had higher class cabins on Celebrity that are cheaper than what we paid for Princess. I do agree though, that the drink packages do vary some 

No problem with you disagreeing with me!

We cruise 8 to 10 times a year on CELEBRITY, MSC, NCL, PRINCESS and RCI.

I am basing my opinion on what I pay and what I get. Celebrity Specialty Restaurants and drinks are much more expensive than the other lines we cruise on.

Just compared my cost on Equinox for 14 days with perks $5,253. Enchanted 21 days with perks $7,482. Same category cabins. Celebrity $20 per day more and not equal overall in perks. JMHO

Edited by Oxo
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

If you have an older version of Plus and want to upgrade it would be the difference between what you paid and what the new price is. If you don’t care about room service, ordering through the app there really isn’t much that I feel is needed especially if you are on a ship without a sit down pizzeria 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

I booked a cruise on 6/2/2023 with Princess Plus (so this would be the Plus 60) and should receive the free medallion shipping, 2 included casual specialty dining, and included Ocean Now delivery.  But I don’t see this on my Travel Summary.  

Does anyone who has Princess Plus-60 see the three “new” items on their Travel Summary?

They have not updated Travel Summary information as yet.  They have said nothing about this.  We might expect them to do so - eventually.

34 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

when I look at my account it shows as PURCHASED, so I guess I would have to call anyway even though the website says to upgrade via the website……not an option. i don’t even know if our drink max will be $12 (what it was when purchased) or $15 (which many people have said they are receiving).

I presume you are looking in the Princess App.  Your Travel Summary is the place of record you might call it, but Princess has not update that text as yet.  You have old Plus ($50), so you don't get the new things unless upgrade for $10/pp/day.  But you do get drink limit of $15 (and don't accept anything less as you can see in terms for the Plus Fare Package).

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

They have not updated Travel Summary information as yet.  They have said nothing about this.  We might expect them to do so - eventually.

Thank you so much for your reply! You’re always so helpful!

Good to know that I didn’t slip through the cracks.