First time Celebrity "All Included" questions

Purple Gallinule

While we have sailed on Princess many times, this is our first Celebrity cruise. We booked a Concierge Class (C1) cabin with the All Included package. It seems to be similar to Princess Plus and Premium packages, but I cannot find any real details. The gratuities is not an issue. Here are my questions:

1. How many drinks of all kinds are included? On Princess it is 15/day.

2. How does the wifi package work? 1 device? more?

3. Is the wifi unlimited?

Thank  you.

No limit on the number of drinks, liquor, wine, beer, juices, soda, bottled water and premium coffees and teas. Price limit of $10 or less for alcohol..  If you want something over the the $10 limit you pay the difference plus 20% gratuity on the difference.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Purple Gallinule said:

3. Is the wifi unlimited?

Unlimited use, but the bandwidth is constrained so you will not be able to stream video etc. on the included WiFi, but you can pay to upgrade ...

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

Does anyone know what drinks are included on the Apex if you didn't get the all inclusive package?

Too many to even start listing. This comes up a lot of the boards. I recommend googling for a menu or look in the app in the bars menus to see what is $10 or less.

13 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

Does anyone know what drinks are included on the Apex if you didn't get the all inclusive package?

If you're talking about complementary beverages it's coffee, hot tea (using tea bag & hot water), ice tea, lemonade, juice in the morning from dispenser.

If you're talking about drinks you can purchase then anything in stock.

1 minute ago, dreamer321 said:

If you're talking about complementary beverages it's coffee, hot tea (using tea bag & hot water), ice tea, lemonade, juice in the morning from dispenser.

Thank you! Yes, I meant what drinks are complementary.

Edited by rs45thompson

19 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

Also, packets to make hot chocolate, milk, fruit punch in the buffet, same dispenser as lemonade.  Also the tap water is very good. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HSBC said:

Can you do 'WhatsApp" by using the included WiFi?

i.e. to send photos from the  cruise ship?

Thanks!

There is no included wifi, it's either part of the All Inclusive, which you get when you book,  or you pay for it.  If you just have the AI, that usually is not good for sending any kind of pic/video uploads.  Might get lucky at some points but most likely nt.  

• Thanks 1

Okay, I'm a bit confused.  I am booked on my second Celebrity cruise, the first one being right after the shut down.  I'm Diamond Plus on Royal so that equates to Elite on Celebrity.  On our last cruise, we were able to have coffee, sweets, etc., at Cafe al Bacio at no charge.....at any time of the day.  It sounds as if you are charged now as an Elite guest.  Is that correct?    We thoroughly enjoyed our time there and even if we have to pay, we will continue to enjoy it.  Just curious and would appreciate any comments.

On 8/15/2023 at 7:33 PM, SoloAlaska said:

The basic wifi if your lucky might send a picture but don’t expect it to.

We had basic wi-fi on our cruise in September 2022, and I could rarely access my email on my iPhone, let alone send a text. Eventually, I just stopped trying because it proved so frustrating.

On our March 2023 cruise, we had premium wi-fi, "powered by StarLink," and MAN, what a difference. Not sure if this is how the premium level always performed, or if it's the result of the StarLink bit, but if access is important to you, then I recommend the upgrade.

cjr

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Reijo said:

Okay, I'm a bit confused.  I am booked on my second Celebrity cruise, the first one being right after the shut down.  I'm Diamond Plus on Royal so that equates to Elite on Celebrity.  On our last cruise, we were able to have coffee, sweets, etc., at Cafe al Bacio at no charge.....at any time of the day.  It sounds as if you are charged now as an Elite guest.  Is that correct?    We thoroughly enjoyed our time there and even if we have to pay, we will continue to enjoy it.  Just curious and would appreciate any comments.

You may be a bit misinformed. The pastries at Cafe Al Bacio are always complimentary on all Celebrity ships. The coffees and teas are always for a fee on all Celebrity ship except if you have any kind of beverage package OR you are at the Celebrity loyalty club member, which is called Captain's Club, of Elite+ or higher( There's only 1 other tier). Elite status DOES NOT grant you free coffee or tea at Cafe Al Bacio. So if you are remembering correctly that you didn't get charged for coffee there then you had to have some kind of drink package. If you still have your room card or you go to the Celebrity website you can confirm your Captain's Club level and what rink package you had.. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2023 at 8:33 PM, SoloAlaska said:

thats bad..

We get the Elite + minutes..so that is  basic service. We have always been able to post photos taken on the ship to Cruise Critic..and send a few home with e mail.  

Has basic been slowed down

to  " encourage" purchase of boosted packages",?

On 8/16/2023 at 1:15 AM, HSBC said:

Can you do 'WhatsApp" by using the included WiFi?

i.e. to send photos from the  cruise ship?

Thanks!

I’ve never been able to send or download pictures on WhatsApp only messages but I have sent photos by messenger. Emails,  Facebook and most other websites all work ok apart from cruise critic 

On 8/15/2023 at 8:33 PM, SoloAlaska said:

We had basic on the Reflection April TA in 2023 , the download speed was about 1 gbps and upload speed was about 1/2 gbps , during the crossing 

All the ships now have the new service Starlink, 

it was fine , as long you’re not in a hurry 

one , two pictures to send of low quality pictures will send quickly 

My wife could even download a short knitting video 😁

Here a screenshot of a Speedtest in the middle of the Atlantic 

IMG_5879.jpeg.67956515c6d0ee50f3cd9fa3819824ed.jpeg

• Like 1

It's quite extraordinary that anyone would contemplate $20 a day pp for a basic WiFi package that includes painfully slow and limited internet where you can't send images or access certain social media sites.

Why even bother ?

We did a P&O TA a couple of years ago where mid-Atlantic the reception was a joke.

Walking past a crew area one day we overheard the captain over the crew speakers apologising for the lousy internet which had been happening since we left Southampton.

Yet the ship continued to sell daily WiFi packages and nothing was said to the passengers.

The crew confided in us that it was the same on every crossing and a total waste of money.

1 hour ago, Baggy178 said:

It's quite extraordinary that anyone would contemplate $20 a day pp for a basic WiFi package that includes painfully slow and limited internet where you can't send images or access certain social media sites.

Why even bother ?

We did a P&O TA a couple of years ago where mid-Atlantic the reception was a joke.

Walking past a crew area one day we overheard the captain over the crew speakers apologising for the lousy internet which had been happening since we left Southampton.

Yet the ship continued to sell daily WiFi packages and nothing was said to the passengers.

The crew confided in us that it was the same on every crossing and a total waste of money.

🤔 What does P&O have to do with Celebrity ? 
Did it have Starlink ?