Move Up accepted - JS to OS on Mariner

What a shock, we just had our MoveUp offer accepted for our upcoming Mariner trip.  We move from a Junior Suite to an Owner's Suite.  This will likely be a one time thing. 

I'm sure this has been addressed ad nauseam, but I'm not good at the search function on CC.  So, here goes.

Since we were JS, we still get 2x points, right? 

I know on Mariner there is no CK, but we've never been higher than JS, so are there any added benefits?  Lounge access? Concierge access?

We previously purchased a dining and drink package so just trying to make sure what we need to do with them.  I don't think we pick up benefits, but I need to be sure.

Anything else we should know about our new-found cabin?

Edited by shellunderwater
  • Like 4

If there are 2 of you in the cabin, 1 for regular, 1 for suite .. 3 possible, solo in a suite. No mathematical way to get to 3 doubling, new math. 3 is not double anything. There are solos who cruise.

There is a suite lounge and a suite ambassador who will help you if you run in issues onboard. Free mixed drinks 3 hours during dinner and finger snacks. At breakfast donuts and pastries and fruit and a coffee machine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, shellunderwater said:

What a shock, we just had our MoveUp offer accepted for our upcoming Mariner trip.  We move from a Junior Suite to an Owner's Suite.  This will likely be a one time thing. 

I'm sure this has been addressed ad nauseam, but I'm not good at the search function on CC.  So, here goes.

Since we were JS, we still get 2x points, right? 

I know on Mariner there is no CK, but we've never been higher than JS, so are there any added benefits?  Lounge access?

We previously purchased a dining and drink package so just trying to make sure what we need to do with them.  I don't think we pick up benefits, but I need to be sure.

Congratulations !!!  The OS is my favorite cabin on non-Oasis class ships.  Really nice upgrade !

Yes, you will still get 2X cruise points since your original cabin was already eligible for double points.

You will have 24 hour access to the Suites Lounge and your drinks during Happy Hour will be complimentary.  However, no other alcohol or sodas will be complimentary outside of the SL so if you were originally going to purchase the DBP, you probably still want it.  Only the Oasis class ships offer 11-11 complimentary beverages.

As you mentioned, there is no suites restaurant on Mariner so there is no complimentary specialty dining EXCEPT for breakfast.  You will have access to a specialty restaurant for breakfast (most likely Chops but I'm not sure which one Mariner uses).  This is a wonderful perk.  It's one of my very favorites.  If you want to have specialty restaurant [evening and lunch] dining, you will need to keep your UDP.

Enjoy the OS !  You will be spoiled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, shellunderwater said:

An OS has a dining table that seats two, and you can order room service from the MDR menu any time the MDR is open at no cost. We usually order in 2-3 evenings on a cruise. On that class of ship, we opt out of purchasing the dining package, but just do 1-2 evenings in one of the specialty restaurants. Also, an OS has both a bath tub AND a shower (and a bidet which apparently no one actually knows how to use) in a much larger bathroom with two sinks. Our OS also came with a pair of binoculars. You will also get better robes, and your choice of what type of pillows you would like.

You should get an email from the concierge 5-7 days before you sail explaining all of the benefits and services, and you can usually ask them to make any advance reservations for shows, dining, etc. before you sail.

One thing you don't get is free internet - that is only available on Oasis and Quantum class ships.

One downside - once you experience an OS, it will be difficult to go back and sail in anything less again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats!  I just checked our cruise and there's only 2 crown lofts a junior suite and a couple of interiors left.  The interior is now $2200+pp, unbelievable, 18 days out.  We paid $499 pp for our deck 6 balcony.  Don't guess we'll be getting one of those lofts for minimum bid....but if we do, gravy!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

You will have access to a specialty restaurant for breakfast (most likely Chops but I'm not sure which one Mariner uses). 

You are correct, it is Chops on Mariner. One thing I forgot to mention to the OP is that the concierge can also request a bridge tour for them. (Whether he is successful depends on how many of his suite guests he can round up to go along on the tour). When we were on Mariner in June, he was able to get enough uptake on the tour that he was able to arrange one for us and our grandson.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

😯😵

Just did another one, looks like they've reopened a couple more categories, must be cancellations coming in from Agents.  Sorry for the high jack OP

18 days out pricing.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Just did another one, looks like they've reopened a couple more categories, must be cancellations coming in from Agents.  Sorry for the high jack OP

18 days out pricing.jpg

Wow !   Looks like the balcony is the bargain of the day !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

Congrats! What sailing is this? We have one coming up in Oct on this ship, Suite GTY, but was able to Royal Up as well so I'm excited to see how this pans out 🤞

We are doing a B2B on Mariner in October, and the minimum bid to upgrade from a GS to an OS is $140/pp on both legs. We would bid if there was a way to ensure we were upgraded on both legs, but there is no way to put in a single bid on consecutive cruises.

• Like 3

Just now, orville99 said:

We are doing a B2B on Mariner in October, and the minimum bid to upgrade from a GS to an OS is $140/pp on both legs. We would bid if there was a way to ensure we were upgraded on both legs, but there is no way to put in a single bid on consecutive cruises.

We also had really cheap minimums: RS was $175/pp, GS was $140/pp, and OS was $280/pp.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shellunderwater said:

Our winning bid was a bit higher.  I don't think we went much over minimum.

Our trip is in September.

Congrats. One thing I forgot to add is that the bath tub in the Owners Suite is a Jacuzzi spa tub

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

The interior is now $2200+pp, unbelievable, 18 days out.  We paid $499 pp for our deck 6 balcony.

Insanely good price you got but you already knew that.

Wonder has a premium, of course, and my cruises are inflated by Spring Break and Summer, but I'm seeing assigned interiors north of $2Kpp for my cruises that are 7-11 MONTHS out, lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, shellunderwater said:

Thanks for the link.  But... are the benefits different due to us using MoveUp?  I honestly don't know the rules for that.

You automatically get the identical Owners Suite benefits that anyone who booked (and paid full price for) an Owners Suite gets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love owners suite had one on oasis , we are in our normal grand suite for next cruise but will try royal up to owners. We did a move up two years ago on Celebrity and got the 1600 sq Ft , 2 bedroom 2 bathrooms penthouse, it was amazing.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...