Should Celebrity forum be divided

Ex-Airbalancer

Should the Celebrity be divide into two section?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Celebrity section on this forum be divide into 2 sub section , one for Retreat and for Aqua and below. As Retreat passengers have a different cruise expectations than the rest of the passengers

Many of us go back and forth between non suite and suite accommodations and many questions and topics are pertinent to anyone cruising Celebrity, specialty dining, excursions, entertainment, flash sales, price drops, policy changes, CaptIns Club benefits etc…..

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

I just find Retreat passengers bring up that you have to book YC , Heaven, Oceanic , Viking etc in just about every thread 

I think most people Aqua and below have check the other cruise lines and probably found them out their comfort zone for booking 

So that why I feel there should a separate section for Retreat passengers 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I just find Retreat passengers bring up that you have to book YC , Heaven, Oceanic , Viking etc in just about every thread 

I think most people Aqua and below have check the other cruise lines and probably found them out their comfort zone for booking 

So that why I feel there should a separate section for Retreat passengers 

It would be unnecessary and redundant to have sub forums.  Much if not most of what is discussed in this forum applies to guests in whatever category of cabin they have booked. Right now, because of the number of changes Celebrity is making, we are seeing perhaps some more discussions about the Retreat; this will settle down. In any event, I think it would be terribly foolish to have sub forums and would waste the time not only of CC members but also of CC moderators. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I disagree.  We sometimes are Aqua and sometimes Retreat.   My expectations are to get the quality and amenities we pay for.   

Due to a serious allergy, I find it safer to eat in smaller venues like Blu or Luminae 

• Like 1

I pay for the Retreat so I don't have to interact with the unwashed masses.  Maybe a separate forum would be good so I don't have to post with them!

But seriously...separate forums would be silly as the vast majority of the discussions here are about the cruise line in general.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

50 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

That may have been true in the past, but with the big price jumps recently is not necessarily the case.  I posted a comparison on another thread:

Here is an example of Azamara vs. Celebrity.  10 day, Eastern Med, summer 2024.  Balcony cabin, Deck 7 both. All inclusive. Azamara including grats, no grats for =X= after October. Both refundable.

$200 OBC, =X=. $300 OBC Azamara.

Celebrity: $9233.18

Azamara: $8291.24

Is there a Riff-Raff Class among your ideas for the forum ?

If so put us down for two seats ( Homer Simpson + Guest ) at the buffet for every  breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night snacking.

I must admit reading about some of the complaints on here have been hilarious.

Sliced tomatoes instead of whole ones has already gone down in CC folklore...😅

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

That may have been true in the past, but with the big price jumps recently is not necessarily the case.  I posted a comparison on another thread:

Here is an example of Azamara vs. Celebrity.  10 day, Eastern Med, summer 2024.  Balcony cabin, Deck 7 both. All inclusive. Azamara including grats, no grats for =X= after October. Both refundable.

$200 OBC, =X=. $300 OBC Azamara.

Celebrity: $9233.18

Azamara: $8291.24

Azamara is well priced, tho, if looking at the balcony for Azamara the shower is very small.  

• Haha 1

No. My cruise needs have changed over the years. As a widow, I book different cabin categories based on who I’m traveling with and their comfort level with prices etc. Plus, needs change as we reach higher Captain’s Club levels. I like to be informed about everything that’s happening on board all the ships. 

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Azamara is well priced, tho, if looking at the balcony for Azamara the shower is very small.  

Depends. Have showered there between Azamara and Oceania R class at least 300 times and never a problem. 

Shower size is so far down my list of important features that you'd be hard pressed to find it on my list of desirability. 

Edited by ECCruise
Fat fingers

2 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Depends. Have showered there between Azamara and Oceania R class at least 300 times and never a problem. 

Shower size is so far down my list of important features that you'd be hard pressed to find it on my list of desirability. 

agree, I dont really care about it but I know how some people percieve things.  I booked my first for next year, shower was not important was more the Panama Canal and ABC islands.   Looking forward to trying them out next year, tho its dec 24

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Since Retreat passengers have a different  expectations than the rest of the passengers 

Should this forum be divide , Retreat and Aqua and the rest 

Having a hard time deciding if this is elitism at its worst, or populism. Neither are appropriate IMO.

Should NCLs forum be split into NCL Haven and NCL steerage? How about MSC Yacht Club plus MSC for the masses. And then there's Cunard for commoners and Cunard Grills. I'm sure the mods have nothing better to do. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Many of us go back and forth between non suite and suite accommodations and many questions and topics are pertinent to anyone cruising Celebrity, specialty dining, excursions, entertainment, flash sales, price drops, policy changes, CaptIns Club benefits etc…..

This!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Really? I am sometimes a Retreat passenger, but more often not. I have not brought up the cruise lines you mentioned. 

Edited by Silkroad

3 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Really? I am sometimes a Retreat passenger, but more often not. Even when I’m in a suite, I have not brought up the cruise lines you mentioned. 

You may have not brought it , but a lot people do

I think there someone on an Oceanic South American cruise may of mention it once or twice , or people who haven’t been on Celebrity since 2018 keeps mentioning you should only cruise Oceanic 😉

• Like 1