Butler Team Service in SS - Please Post Current Cruisers Comments on your Experience.

JDPCruisers

3 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I think The Retreat Lounge is soon to be the new Launderette Retreat...shhh don’t tell anyone.  Some will be happy with the change, while others will be upgrading to an SS to do their own laundry and free water for your clothes!  Sorry, but I just could not resist!

Excuse me, but some of us dry clean our Mongolian cashmere sweaters.  🥸

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, terrydtx said:

In June at the Hilton Ft Lauderdal Beach resort we got a free upgrade from standard room to full 1 bedroom 1200 sq ft suite with Ocean View 2 days before we checked in with out asking. The  bottles of water were 2 per room, as we had 2 in our room. That upgrade was worth $300 per night and  we were there 3 nights before our cruise. 

Wow that's great.  We've stayed there once and gotten no upgrade. In all our stays this past year (and there are many) we've literally only got upgraded once, and that was just a king to a king study and we had to fight for it.  Most locations we've been at were very,  very booked up so I'm sure that has something to do with it 

18 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Wow that's great.  We've stayed there once and gotten no upgrade. In all our stays this past year (and there are many) we've literally only got upgraded once, and that was just a king to a king study and we had to fight for it.  Most locations we've been at were very,  very booked up so I'm sure that has something to do with it 

It was a nice surprise and why we try to use Hiltons when we can. We have 3 Hiltons booked in January and February in Australia and I am hoping we get some upgrades there too. 

I think I may have lucked out with regard to water.  Here is a screenshot of ‘what’s provided’ in our Aqua Sky Suite — note the 2 bottles of water daily and the in suit dining — featuring items from Blu.  Funny it says including lunch, which Blu does not have. 

IMG_0045.thumb.jpeg.b613dca9e20e0fbe3e7e00c29133bf93.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm booked in an Aqua Sky Suite, too.  I guess that's two fewer bottles I will have to bring down to the cabin.  Honestly, considering what we are paying for this room, I think this is all ridiculous.  Mixed drinks is one thing, but not stocking water (or soda) is just ridiculous.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MMMCruiser said:

I'm booked in an Aqua Sky Suite, too.  I guess that's two fewer bottles I will have to bring down to the cabin.  Honestly, considering what we are paying for this room, I think this is all ridiculous.  Mixed drinks is one thing, but not stocking water (or soda) is just ridiculous.

seems the perks relate to regular suite inclusions  as well as thermal suite access,  fitness etc. Not sure how fares compare to reg suite.???

List says BLU  access is still subject to availabilty.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

seems the perks relate to regular suite inclusions  as well as thermal suite access,  fitness etc. Not sure how fares compare to reg suite.???

List says BLU  access is still subject to availabilty.

Our price was above that of a Sky Suit but when we booked there were no other Sky Suites available. 

16 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Just wondering if anyone has seen YouTube reviews of the lack of butlers yet?

I watched one yesterday for embarkation day and butlers being talked about (or lack of)

I saw a Zach video from early September that commented on the lack of butlers, which was probably the same one you are referring to.  The video was only about the first day and was very matter of fact.  

3 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

I saw a Zach video from early September that commented on the lack of butlers, which was probably the same one you are referring to.  The video was only about the first day and was very matter of fact.  

Yep that's the one I watched. I get his point, if new to a suite you want direction on what you get/don't get and it took hours before he saw anyone to explain

I thought it was interesting he basically said room service take care of food related items (delivery, canapes), room attendant the room and head butler over sees the room attendant.

Realistically the room attendant can't do the same things as a butler it feels like other than access to retreat areas I'm not really sure what you are getting for the price tag

• Like 3

Currently in an Aqua sky suite on Summit.  Head butler came to our cabin to introduce himself to us the first day on the ship.  He assured us nothing has changed, will deliver coffee, afternoon treats, fill our fridge with what we want, which you can see from the picture was done.  Awesome service on Summit and wonderful crew!

IMG_7571.jpeg

Edited by gdpups
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, gdpups said:

Currently in an Aqua sky suite on Summit.  Head butler came to our cabin to introduce himself to us the first day on the ship.  He assured us nothing has changed, will deliver coffee, afternoon treats, fill our fridge with what we want, which you can see from the picture was done.  Awesome service on Summit and wonderful crew!

IMG_7571.jpeg

Who do you speak to for any requests, the head butler? Does he have a direct number or you contact the concierge, or? Thanks for the information.

53 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Who do you speak to for any requests, the head butler? Does he have a direct number or you contact the concierge, or? Thanks for the information.

He gave us his business card with number, said to contact him for any requests.  Had room service this morning and got a call asking if everything was ok with it. Don’t have experience on another ship in a sky suite since the change, but totally impressed with everything Summit so far.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

Yep that's the one I watched. I get his point, if new to a suite you want direction on what you get/don't get and it took hours before he saw anyone to explain

Yeah.  Not a ringing endorsement based on Day 1.  Really disappointed to hear that his Luminae dinner was over cooked and served cold.

1 hour ago, gdpups said:

Currently in an Aqua sky suite on Summit.  Head butler came to our cabin to introduce himself to us the first day on the ship.  He assured us nothing has changed, will deliver coffee, afternoon treats, fill our fridge with what we want, which you can see from the picture was done.  Awesome service on Summit and wonderful crew!...

We'll be in an Aqua Sky Suite on Summit next month so this was great to hear. Thanks! Hope you have a wonderful cruise. (And good luck with the remnants of Hurricane Lee if they go by your area)

15 minutes ago, Winemaker_1 said:

Yeah.  Not a ringing endorsement based on Day 1.  Really disappointed to hear that his Luminae dinner was over cooked and served cold.

No spoilers please!  I haven’t watched the whole thing yet.  🙂

1 hour ago, gdpups said:

He gave us his business card with number, said to contact him for any requests.  Had room service this morning and got a call asking if everything was ok with it. Don’t have experience on another ship in a sky suite since the change, but totally impressed with everything Summit so far.

This is good to hear that the head butler can be contacted directly and handles the requests. One butler managing this for a number of suites seems like it could be a challenge, but your experience does not appear to be the case. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gdpups said:

IMG_7571.jpeg

If it's the same one who was on Summit in April and June of this year, he's the best there is and seeing your minibar stocked like this is no surprise! Below is the picture from April (before the changes, of course).

IMG_8326.thumb.JPG.371d13de252fc0527b7fedffe47daac9.JPG

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 5:29 PM, JDPCruisers said:

This is good to hear that the head butler can be contacted directly and handles the requests. One butler managing this for a number of suites seems like it could be a challenge, but your experience does not appear to be the case. 

Just a point of clarification, on our Edge cruise a few weeks ago, the head butler also stopped by and left his card--which was appreciated.  But the number is not his but for the  general 'butler team'--we called several times and a different person answered each time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2