Just Spilling my Guts - 'nother cruise booked

sadiwest

Long story shortish...

2022 I got covid less than a week before flying to Florida for a multiple-times-postponed cruise.

2023 DH got covid a day before a cruise booked a year prior.  At least two people said they felt there was a reason we didn't go...some Fate. 

We had gone on a shorter vacation, but it was local and we got back our money ftom the canceled cruise.  About a week after we got home (same end date as the cruise) my mother in law passed away. 

Now, I felt like we needed a morale boost. Booked us on a spontaneous cruise for after Thanksgiving.   Taking dd out of school where she'll miss a few half days. That is, if no one else gets sick this time.  Fwiw I do have the insurance this time. 

Fingers crossed everyone.  We could use some cheering up. 

• Like 18

10 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

Long story shortish...

2022 I got covid less than a week before flying to Florida for a multiple-times-postponed cruise.

2023 DH got covid a day before a cruise booked a year prior.  At least two people said they felt there was a reason we didn't go...some Fate. 

We had gone on a shorter vacation, but it was local and we got back our money ftom the canceled cruise.  About a week after we got home (same end date as the cruise) my mother in law passed away. 

Now, I felt like we needed a morale boost. Booked us on a spontaneous cruise for after Thanksgiving.   Taking dd out of school where she'll miss a few half days. That is, if no one else gets sick this time.  Fwiw I do have the insurance this time. 

Hugs GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadiwest said:

Long story shortish...

Think and stay positive.  Just finished an Oasis family cruise which was a replacement for an Easter '20 Anthem which was cancelled due to the pandemic.  The sad part is that my beloved spouse of 50+ years passed away in 2020.🙏❤️

• Like 4

Just now, sadiwest said:

Anthem.   We live in the NE and I would not gamble with flights at this point. 

I can't say that I blame you at this point.  Keeping good thoughts for you and your family for your cruise!  ☺️

• Like 1

I have the "opposite" curse. We did a cruise in May 2022 to replace our cancelled May 2020 cruise. I had avoided COVID as a nurse for over 2 years, fully vaccinated- got COVID at the end of the trip. Went on another cruise May 2023- vaccines up to date- got a horrible respiratory illness-that was worse than my COVID experience-took over a month to fully recover. Going on a 5 day cruise October 2023. I have decided if I get sick on this cruise that I need to stop for awhile .Just not worth it.