LAFFNVEGAS Alaska Bound...Live September 3, 2023 HAL Westerdam

LAFFNVEGAS

LAFFNVEGAS - I'm glad you made it to Canaletto! I'm sorry your dinner was just ok. As Nancy said, it LOOKED good!  That's great that you have enjoyed food in the MDR. 

Thank you for all the reports and pictures. The sunset last night was beautiful! 

I hope you will have a good time in Victoria today.  After tonight, I will miss seeing 

all of your menus and ordering from them. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

• Like 1

Internet has been surprisingly good all week but I did have problems with Cruise Critic, it froze on me last night yet all other websites worked perfect.

Below is what I tried to post last night about our day in Ketchikan.

We started the morning a bit earlier since we had a shore excursion in Ketchikan. Unfortunately Ketchikan is a short port day and All Aboard is at 12:30 pm departure at 1 but lines were pull at 12:40 and we we’re moving away from the dock at 12:44

The shore excursion we too was Oceanftont and Wildlife Cruise that was just two hours

We did a quick breakfast in the Lifo this morning then headed out side near the pier to meet up for our excursion.

We were lucky with no rain but it was a bit dark and cloudy. 

We had never taken an excursion in Ketchikan so it was interesting and we did see plent of eagles and several humpback whales that we’re doing the bubble feeding. I did not get very good photos this time just the mist of their spray. 

After the excursion we had a short time to look in a few shops. I wanted to go to the big Tongass store that about 15 +plus years ago I got this T-shirt with sequins that said Alaska and lots of loving wear that shirt has seen better days , I had hoped to find another, I did but not at Tongess but at a store called Sockeye Sam’s

We returned to the ship but I knew Lido would be crazy busy so we tried the Main Dining Room, it too was busy but not terrible.

IMG_4551.jpeg

IMG_4552.jpeg

IMG_4553.jpeg

IMG_4590.png

IMG_4559.jpeg

IMG_4558.jpeg

IMG_4562.jpeg

IMG_4564.jpeg

IMG_4575.jpeg

IMG_4577.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I will say the Canaletto is one of those Restaurants with HAL that is not consistent. We last had Canaletto on the Rotterdam in July 2022 and we were amazed how good everything thing was. Sadly this was just OK, not the worst but definitely not the best.

I was definitely NOT impressed with Canaletto on Westerdam in April. Sorry to hear it doesn't seem to have improved.

• Like 2

On the last day of the Alaska cruise Holland America offers a Brunch from 10:00 am till 12:30
So on this last day we get to play what do you want to order 2 times.

We found there is no limit on what you want to order. 
Also we had to laugh up till this sailing we have been watching the menus and this we they are no longer calling the sausage Reindeer Sausage 😁 Tom is disappointed he wanted the Reindeer 😉

IMG_4592.jpeg

IMG_4593.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Thanks for posting this! A great menu and you can order as much as you want! 😊

I'll have a Bloody Mary (or two), Monte Cristo sandwich, blueberry pancakes, blueberry crisp a la mode, coffee. I'm sorry Tom did not get reindeer sausage.

Can you please remind us when your next cruise will be? I'll look forward 

to your menus on that trip.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BetsyS. said:

Thanks for posting this! A great menu and you can order as much as you want! 😊

I'll have a Bloody Mary (or two), Monte Cristo sandwich, blueberry pancakes, blueberry crisp a la mode, coffee. I'm sorry Tom did not get reindeer sausage.

Can you please remind us when your next cruise will be? I'll look forward 

to your menus on that trip.

We will be on the Nieuw Statendam December 10th unless we do something silly like through in a extra cruise.

• Like 4

We both got Mimosas, then I started with the Fig and Banana Parfait which was excellent. Then we both had the Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Tom got scrambled eggs and me fried over medium. We both skipped dessert but Tom had Tea and I had Coffee oh forgot to mention Tom also had the Blueberry pancakes 😃😋

We also had a great aft view and watched Discovery Princess pass by us to beat us getting to Victoria.

IMG_4595.jpeg

IMG_4596.jpeg

IMG_4599.jpeg

IMG_4600.jpeg

IMG_4601.jpeg

IMG_4597.jpeg

IMG_4598.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

We will be on the Nieuw Statendam December 10th unless we do something silly like through in a extra cruise.

Ok I lied 😂 although it was the truth when I wrote it. We just booked another cruise on board, We will be on the November 4th 2023 Koningsdam for Pacific Coastal. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Ok I lied 😂 although it was the truth when I wrote it. We just booked another cruise on board, We will be on the November 4th 2023 Koningsdam for Pacific Coastal. 

You are all going to laugh especially coming from me but I booked this thinking it was 7 day Mexico and it was not till we got back to the cabin and I looked at confirmation 🤣 We just wanted to find a relatively cheap last minute cruise that was halfway between now and our December cruise. We can get to San Diego easy on SW. But we have also wanted to do the Pacific Coastal with HAL, we did it several years ago on Princess.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

You are all going to laugh especially coming from me but I booked this thinking it was 7 day Mexico and it was not till we got back to the cabin and I looked at confirmation 🤣 We just wanted to find a relatively cheap last minute cruise that was halfway between now and our December cruise. We can get to San Diego easy on SW. But we have also wanted to do the Pacific Coastal with HAL, we did it several years ago on Princess.

You have such a great attitude.  If I thought I booked a warm Mexico cruise and was now on a Pacific Coastal in November I would have been nonlinear, and on my way back to the future cruise desk.  Regardless I'll be following and enjoying our game!! Cherie 

Edited by cccole
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, cccole said:

You have such a great attitude.  If I thought I booked a warm Mexico cruise and was now on a Pacific Coastal in November I would have been nonlinear, and on my way back to the future cruise desk.  Regardless I'll be following and enjoying our game!! Cherie 

Tom and I had a good laugh on this , we said we will just wash up the warmer weather clothes and put them back in our suitcases 😉 

For us much of the time the ship is the destination.

• Like 11

45 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

We’ll be there, too.  We enjoy the overnight in San Francisco.  Welcome Aboard!

• Like 2

Sadly all good things must end and tonight is our last night on board the Holland America Westerdam. It has been an excellent cruise. 
Having been such a great cruise we booked a last minute cruise for November on the Koningsdam since I am now semi retired. Then we will also cruise in December.
On our last night we are dining in the Pinnacle Grill, so it’s time to play for the last time tonight, What’s for Dinner in the Pinnacle Grill?

IMG_4607.jpeg

IMG_4608.jpeg

IMG_4609.jpeg

IMG_4610.jpeg

IMG_4611.jpeg

IMG_4612.jpeg

• Like 6