Extra chair for balcony

philv

Hi Folks, I’m sailing on Caribbean Princess in March. I have Carib deck balcony. There will be three of us traveling together and we would like to have extra chair for us to enjoy the balcony. Can I request that?

You can always request anything. Whether you will get it or not is debatable. You can ask your steward and he "may" get you a chair. You can, of course, use the "desk chair" but it's not real comfortable.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, philv said:

Hi Folks, I’m sailing on Caribbean Princess in March. I have Carib deck balcony. There will be three of us traveling together and we would like to have extra chair for us to enjoy the balcony. Can I request that?

Yes, ask your steward. Hopefully, they can find an extra one.

Those balconies on CB are big on the Caribe deck. It has a big table and 2 chairs with foot stools normally.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Potstech said:

According to the OP there is a need and he can ask the room steward for one.  All he can do is say "No".

Agree.  We were on the CB for 6 weeks and the crew was great!

We had plenty of room for 4 of us on the balcony.  We had dinner and lunch there many times.  Our steward found an extra 2 chairs.  

Our family was staying in another cabin and joined us many times.

Now, if it’s a full ship, that might be a little more difficult.

• Like 2

Thank you PacknGoNow. The caribe balconies on the Grand class ships are extra large. I’m sure I’m not the only one to want to relax out there with a third or fourth person. I figured somebody had done this before. I’ll just ask the steward when we meet on sail away day.

• Like 2

On a different ship, we were unable to get an extra foot stool, because they were all being held in reserve for hallway food service deliveries to Covid victims.  

I would ask for the extra chair on Day 1, to get to the head of the line.

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

You will have a desk chair you can take out and two footstools.  Really, there is no need for your steward to bring out another deck chair.  

The OP may not agree with your appraisal of their need for the additional deck chair. I doubt if sitting on the balcony in a desk chair is particularly comfortable.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

There might not be enough room on the balcony for a third chair.

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

With the Caribe balcony on Caribbean Princess there will be enough room.

Not only that, but you could fit loungers on a Caribe balcony (if you could get one of those).  Perhaps a 1:00am sneak to the top deck and smuggle it back?  LOL.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Not only that, but you could fit loungers on a Caribe balcony (if you could get one of those).  Perhaps a 1:00am sneak to the top deck and smuggle it back?  LOL.

Funny. My wife suggested that but I reminded her there are cameras everywhere and I would expect a security guy showing up at my door asking “what the **** are you doing?” I’d explain but maybe he wouldn’t go for that.

• Haha 3

On 9/8/2023 at 4:32 PM, Thrak said:

You can always request anything. Whether you will get it or not is debatable. You can ask your steward and he "may" get you a chair. You can, of course, use the "desk chair" but it's not real comfortable.

Gladly, for the OceanNow delivery fee unless you have Plus/Premier.

The Caribe deck balconies are 9ft x 9ft. When the ship was built there were originally 2 lounges, 2 chairs and a large table on these balconies. A 3rd chair would fit without any problem. If the steward could arrange to get a lounger from one of the pool decks it would easily fit on the balcony. There is always the possibility that an extra balcony chair will not fit through the cabin door.

On 9/8/2023 at 4:29 PM, philv said:

Princess staff is fantastic for completing any request within reason.  As for an extra chair on the balcony--if there is ample room on the balcony, they will get one for you, Happy Cruising!

On 9/9/2023 at 4:27 AM, Steelers36 said:

I wonder if I could manage to snag a movies under the stars cushion & a deck blanket too 🤔

We’ve booked caribbean Princess for next year with a large balcony on C  deck.

I’m planning ahead & getting the smuggling tips now 😂 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

I wonder if I could manage to snag a movies under the stars cushion & a deck blanket too 🤔

We’ve booked caribbean Princess for next year with a large balcony on C  deck.

I’m planning ahead & getting the smuggling tips now 😂 

We have recently been picking up a couple of the blankets for use in the cabin.  But your idea sounds bold.

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

We have recently been picking up a couple of the blankets for use in the cabin.  But your idea sounds bold.

Bold, or stupid, time will tell! 😂 

we took a few of those blanket to the cabin too, on our Norway cruise. Daughter & I on the deck in our formal wear, bit chilly, we grabbed some, draped the fluffy checked blanket over our posh dresses.

We looked daft, but warm, so didn’t care.

Kept them the rest of the cruise😃 

On 9/8/2023 at 4:18 PM, philv said:

Thank you PacknGoNow. The caribe balconies on the Grand class ships are extra large. I’m sure I’m not the only one to want to relax out there with a third or fourth person. I figured somebody had done this before. I’ll just ask the steward when we meet on sail away day.

Yep ask your steward. He/she will most likely accommodate you. 

On 9/8/2023 at 11:27 PM, Steelers36 said:

I can just imagine running into someone on the elevator with one of these...

• Haha 1

We sailed on Coral Princess thru the Panama Canal and had a caribe balcony.  It was a Christmas/New Years sailing and had asked if we could possibly have 2 loungers for the balcony and Lo and behold, when we came back from dinner they were there along with the chairs.  Awesome service!  Never hurts to ask!!

• Like 3