Never seen this many plats and diamonds on a cruise

Eli_6

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

But most of the benefits are at a low cost to Carnival so antagonizing a large group sounds counter-productive.  I think it will be akin to the "how do you cook a frog" so we don't realize what we've lost.

Produce an a la carte menu and sell people the perks they want. FTTF proves it works.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I see it posted all the time. I saw a good deal on another line but I’m so close to Platinum I’m going to pass and stick with Carnival.

I always say to myself, why?

I guess that proves that the program works.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Produce an a la carte menu and sell people the perks they want. FTTF proves it works.

Now what I'm wondering, how much does the Carnival admin employee get paid to read through our threads?  Is there such a position?  Inquiring minds want to know!😉

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I see it posted all the time. I saw a good deal on another line but I’m so close to Platinum I’m going to pass and stick with Carnival.

I always say to myself, why?

I used to be loyal to Carnival but Carnival wasn't loyal to me so instead of cruising exclusively with Carnival I sail many other lines now. I checked my mothers and brothers VIFP numbers on cruises I had booked and they got better deals than me. I was diamond and they were red cards. I had "price protection" and Carnival still wouldn't give me their rates. But, because I had 6 - 8 cruises booked at a time Carnival thought they had me, not anymore. After trying other lines, I'm always surprised when I come back to Carnival and I think wow I used to like this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2023 at 8:09 PM, JCrewz said:

I can't stand the smug and entitled Platinum guests cheerfully walking by us at embarkation and priority debarkation.

I can't wait to be one of them in February! 

Lol.  I'll be one in July, unless they change the program (and that would be just my luck).

1 hour ago, Sailor75 said:

I used to be loyal to Carnival but Carnival wasn't loyal to me so instead of cruising exclusively with Carnival I sail many other lines now. I checked my mothers and brothers VIFP numbers on cruises I had booked and they got better deals than me. I was diamond and they were red cards. I had "price protection" and Carnival still wouldn't give me their rates. But, because I had 6 - 8 cruises booked at a time Carnival thought they had me, not anymore. After trying other lines, I'm always surprised when I come back to Carnival and I think wow I used to like this?

Price protection only works for rates available to the general public. 

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Now what I'm wondering, how much does the Carnival admin employee get paid to read through our threads?  Is there such a position?  Inquiring minds want to know!😉

If there is such a position, I'm sure not enough to wade through the flotsam.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Probably not. But CC is a mother lode of information and if Carnival doesn’t mine it, that is not a smart business move.

Carnival already has the mother of all loads to wade through on social media via John Heald's pages, along with other Carnival pages. 

7 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Sure they are probably overloaded. You’re right.

CC has a very special place in Carnival hearts…..  You can read into that however you want.  The facts are that there simply is a lot of data, and rumors, and ….. well just junk that gets spewed out.  Somehow, they either have to or need to respond to lots of it.  Hence, part of John’s job.  Prob not the part he likes most.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival already has the mother of all loads to wade through on social media via John Heald's pages, along with other Carnival pages. 

I know for a fact that Carnival monitors these boards. Can't post anything here, but if you ever see me in person I have a few stories to tell. 😎

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I know for a fact that Carnival monitors these boards. 

I may be misremembering things (as I often do 🙃), but some years ago, there were Carnival employees on this board that only posted to help passengers with sticky situations - kind of as an extra arm of Guest Services.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

I know for a fact that Carnival monitors these boards. 

I was booked on the Triumph, and Carnival canceled by cruise when the Triumph had that engine failure.  The refund check they sent me bounced, and I started a thread here about it.  Within 15 minutes of posting someone from Carnival called my cell.

BTW it bounced as it wasn't printed properly 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Chief93 said:

I was booked on the Triumph, and Carnival canceled by cruise when the Triumph had that engine failure.  The refund check they sent me bounced, and I started a thread here about it.  Within 15 minutes of posting someone from Carnival called my cell.

BTW it bounced as it wasn't printed properly 

How did they know who you were?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mz-s said:

Would someone really go on extra cruises so they can make sure they get a slap bracelet koozie for another X number of years? Give me a break.

Not going to do it for a slap bracelet, but I do have an extra cheapie cruise booked to make sure that I don’t loose my past guest status on another cruise line (MSC) because the benefits are worth it.

With my past guest status, they’re offering an additional 10% off the cruise fare, plus double points, plus complimentary access to the thermal area at the spa, plus onboard credit, plus a free professional photo. Oh yeah, and very important, a free gift (which last time was a cinch sack 😂).

We have a Northern Europe cruise booked for the following year, and the 10% discount alone on that cruise will more than pays for the cheapie cruise. So we’re basically getting an extra cruise for free plus all the benefits.

But, I agree with you. For a koozie or slap bracelet, no way I’m going to chase a loyalty status. 

17 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Don’t know if there’s such a position at Carnival, but companies do have people monitoring social media boards. 

I was on a flight one time (one of the major airlines), first row, so I got to listen to this conversation. When we arrived at our destination and the main cabin door was opened, a mechanic was waiting at the jetway holding a tray table. The flight attendant asked the mechanic what that was for, and the mechanic told her “your passenger on seat 3D complained on social media that his tray table was broken so here we are to fix it”. 

So basically the passenger didn’t bother to tell the crew that his tray table was broken, and went straight to social media to complain about it. Someone must’ve been monitoring that account when they responded before we even landed. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Thanks 1

I have seen it before. In Galveston.  For a Journeys cruise that started in Galveston and ended in San Juan.  It was fall/world series time, but still hot and humid in Galveston.  There were no or very few chairs in the waiting area and no air conditioning.  I think there was construction going on.  They kept letting people in to the SRO waiting area, but boarding wasn't allowed.  There was no place to lean, and I was getting really miserable after an hour standing in place, shoulder to shoulder.   I was thinking about pushing my way into the bathroom to splash some water on my face, when people started dropping like flies. I was younger than most of the crowd at around 50.   They had to bring medics in and help people who were dehydrating and overheating.  One poor fellow went out on a gurney with fluids, but we did see him later in the cruise, so he recovered and boarded.

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

Don’t know if there’s such a position at Carnival, but companies do have people monitoring social media boards. 

I was on a flight one time (one of the major airlines), first row, so I got to listen to this conversation. When we arrived at our destination and the main cabin door was opened, a mechanic was waiting at the jetway holding a tray table. The flight attendant asked the mechanic what that was for, and the mechanic told her “your passenger on seat 3D complained on social media that his tray table was broken so here we are to fix it”. 

So basically the passenger didn’t bother to tell the crew that his tray table was broken, and went straight to social media to complain about it. Someone must’ve been monitoring that account when they responded before we even landed. 

My guess is that he complained directly to an airline's social media account, and they for sure monitor those.  I am not so sure about a third party message board like Cruise Critic - or at least they don't read those as diligently as their own accounts.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 11:45 AM, princess76021 said:

Unfortunately we became platinum on a journeys cruise.  Didn't even realize we were!!😬😬

the next one was much better. 😊😊

Hugs from Texas (smooth sailings)

I turn platinum on our Journeys cruise coming up in 15 months. S.O. is a day short of me because I took a 4 day cruise without him and caught up/got ahead of him and his 3 day advantage. I'd like to take a 5-7 day cruise next year to tide us over to January 2025, but I'm not sure that will happen...our Journeys cruise will probably be nothing but Platinum and Diamond

Edited by kew1031
  • Like 1