RCL Customer Service/Ethics Have Vanished - Time to make a move

Just now, iscruisingdunzo said:

I don't have time now to jump thru the three threads, but there was another poster that stated they asked the captain and someone else and was told the ship is 100%.

I know the post you are referring to as it was directed at me. It is entirely out of context.  

20 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I'm on the same TA but I didn't book until April.  Do either of you have the itinerary update?  Just want to confirm that I have the correct (updated) itinerary.  Thanks!

Vigo and Lisbon were affected:  Vigo arrival is now 10 am and Lisbon arrival is now 8:30 am.  Departure remained the same.

17 minutes ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

I don't have time now to jump thru the three threads, but there was another poster that stated they asked the captain and someone else and was told the ship is 100%.

Who amongst us has never died on a hill due to a post from an internet rando?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mkmaj said:

Random question... Have the Northstar and IFly always been $40/$50 on sea days? 

The last time in February it was $25 pp for the NorthStar.  However, its longer in time and goes from side to side over the water.

Edited by nelblu

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

It amazes me that people book a cruise for one specific port, and then get upset when (for whatever reason) the port stop does not occur. Unless you are a novice cruiser, this should not be news to you. I have always gotten my port fees back when this has happened - and the occasional free drink. .

I agree with you. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Wow. I just booked yesterday at $19/$29 and today it’s $40/$50. For the North Star, in particular, that’s steep. 

RCL is truly acting like a class act. Not only are they not giving us the option to get off the ship, they are jacking up the prices for everything on the ship since we have no other options. Keep it up RCL! Literally this cruise is all RCL for 6 of the 7 days!

The free cruise day would make a vast majority of the people happy.   But, since they have availability the for very similar cruises around the same time, I would think it would be fair to offer a lateral change for free.   Maybe even reasonable price for upgrades.  For example if the current cruise was in cabin category XYZ on a 6-day cruise and the nearby one was 7-days, then charge an extra 1/6.  No reason for the OP to pay the last minute price.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

I'm on the same TA but I didn't book until April.  Do either of you have the itinerary update?  Just want to confirm that I have the correct (updated) itinerary.  Thanks!

Dear Guest,

To maintain a safe and comfortable speed along our journey, we’ve adjusted the times we’ll visit Vigo, Spain and Lisbon, Portugal. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. Nevertheless, we know you’ll enjoy everything these ports have to offer! Below, please find our revised Anthem of the SeasOctober 15th, 2023 itinerary.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Southampton, England

5:00 PM

Mon

Cruising

Tue

Vigo, Spain

10:00 AM

Wed

Lisbon, Portugal

8:30 AM

Thu

Cruising

Fri

Lanzarote, Canary Islands

8:00 AM

Sat

Tenerife, Canary Islands

8:00 AM

Sun

Cruising

Mon

Cruising

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Cruising

Thu

Cruising

Fri

Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda

10:00 AM

Sat

Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda

Sun

Cruising

Mon

Cape Liberty, New Jersey

6:00 AM

Our Shore Excursions team will automatically reschedule any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions affected by this change. In the meantime, feel free to browse all the exciting shore excursion options for your sailing in Cruise Planner to level up your vacation.

Thanks for your understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Anthem of the Seas!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

Again, RCL is choosing to stop at Nassau a week before and a week after with the same ship as my sailing, shouldn't be any different for my sailing. In addition, another person stated that the Anthem Captain stated there is no issues with the ships, so riddle me that.

If it takes less than a week for the maintenance, this makes perfect sense as to why the weeks before and after your cruise can make the stops.  They apparently need to shut that engine down for a few days once the maintenance can be done (available mechanics, parts, etc).

You agreed to the terms when you signed the contract.  You can't then come here and cry that you don't accept those terms.  You may think that makes me an "RCL Tweaker," but I think it makes me an adult.

Edited by mattg43
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I understand your disappointment over the itinerary change.  Unfortunately the cruise contract allows all cruise lines to do this at any time.  I agree the party line should be more believable and consistent and that’s especially galling.

Agree, have had dozens Ports Changed myself, different reasons inc too many Passengers/Ships that day from inc Engine issues on my Ship or another requiring our slot in that Port. War, Strikes, unfortunately it happens. These on Royal and other lines, just got notice my Holland Ship I Booked in 2022 is leaving from Different Port. Glad I have cancel any reason Hotel and waited little longer then normal to Book Flights

Edited by ONECRUISER

8 hours ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

I have an Anthem Sailing in little over a month that I booked over 1 year ago for my 10th anniversary. I booked this sailing specifically because it stopped at Nassau and my kids really wanted to go to Atlantis.

Well, one day before the checkin process was live I thought I would get current on RCL happening and decided to check out this board. I stumbled across a post that stated Anthem was cancelling stops and changing Itineraries. I soon found out that my sailing was no longer stopping at Nassau. To date I have never been contacted by RCL regarding these changes. RCL notified some customers, and not all, which is insane! I double checked my e-mail, junk, no e-mail. Of course when I double checked and searched everything RCL I could find all my billing e-mails and invoices just fine...but no notification regarding any Itinerary changes. 

So of course I immediately e-mail RCL customer relations and I am told to the Guest Experience Management Team at 800-256-6649.

I contact the number first thing. Talk to someone that tells me that Nassau was canceled because of weather (lol over 6 weeks away) and there was NOTHING RCL would do. I request to speak to their manager. Was again told the itinerary was changed because of weather and it was for my "safety" and there was NOTHING RCL could do. I then request to speak to another manager, over one hour later, I am now told the itinerary was changed for our safety because of "ship speeds", and there was nothing RCL could do.

I then stated how disappointed I was based on the following:

1) I booked this over 1 year ago specifically to go to Nassau and Atlantis

- RCL has since taken all my money for the cruise, excursions, packages, and now decide that they are going to change my itinerary without NOTICE!

2) I was lied to a handful of times. Weather cannot be forecasted 6 weeks out. RCL currently is selling the same cruise to stop at Nassau. RCL CURRENTLY has other ships stopping at NASSAU the SAME WEEK!

3) RCL Offered absolutely NOTHING.

I then PROPOSED to the senior level manager that my funds/bookings are forwarded to another ship leaving the same day that is still SCHEDULED TO STOP AT NASSAU the SAME WEEK and is currently available.

I then told I would have to pay a change fee of $100 p/p and pay the difference in the cruise at today's prices which was over $3,000!!!

I was told I needed to wait for 72hrs to hear from their manager, of course to tell me that RCL will do absolutely nothing...

I know all the RCL tweakers are going to come to their defense, but this is absolutely insane that customers allow for them to get away with such. I paid money based on an itinerary that RCL told me they would deliver, and they are not. Obviously if there was a Hurricane or some kind of natural disaster, sure, things change. But this is a change they are making well after they took all my money, after the point they could give me any refund, and there is absolutely no reason they can not go to where they originally promised. 

Unless something seriously changes in the next 72 hours and I am not forced to go on the sailing as originally promised, RCL will most likely be dead to me. Their customer service and ethics have vanished and I will be selling my stock and no longer selling with this company on any future sellings. I cannot continue to support a company that would treat their customers in this manner and do not understand how others could continue doing so as well. 

Not judging...well maybe I am...

You joined this site 8 hours ago and have 21 posts on this subject on 2 threads...and you claimed this on the Thanksgiving thread???

"RCL is not taking the high road. Unfortunately, this will most likely be my last RCL sailing after over 20 years of sailing RCL."

20 years and you JUST joined? Hmmmmmmmmm.......

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

RCL is truly acting like a class act. Not only are they not giving us the option to get off the ship, they are jacking up the prices for everything on the ship since we have no other options. Keep it up RCL! Literally this cruise is all RCL for 6 of the 7 days!

Dynamic pricing. If you do not want to pay for it, somebody will. Supply and demand.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lakelife4me said:

Not judging...well maybe I am...

You joined this site 8 hours ago and have 21 posts on this subject on 2 threads...and you claimed this on the Thanksgiving thread???

"RCL is not taking the high road. Unfortunately, this will most likely be my last RCL sailing after over 20 years of sailing RCL."

20 years and you JUST joined? Hmmmmmmmmm.......

Also do you know anyone who has been sailing for over 20 years, lives on the west coast, and selects a cruise out of NJ “just because”  it goes to, um, oh boy, Nassau?!? Hmmmmmmmm….

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

10 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Also do you know anyone who has been sailing for over 20 years, lives on the west coast, and selects a cruise out of NJ “just because”  it goes to, um, oh boy, Nassau?!? Hmmmmmmmm….

Actually, we live on the West Coast and have to travel to go to 99.99% of our cruises and we will be Pinnacle this year.  It is possible and does happen.😀

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Actually, we live on the West Coast and have to travel to go to 99.99% of our cruises and we will be Pinnacle this year.  It is possible and does happen.😀

So this is your first time travelling from the East Coast? Curious where have those 99.9% of the cruises gone to?

1 minute ago, Tlbecker1 said:

And also we have been cruising for over 20 years.

Twenty years and never to the Caribbean - a good proportion of Eastern Caribbean cruises have been going to Nassau for the last 50 years. 

• Like 1