Princess extending 360 experience to non-suite guests

dides

1 hour ago, adamtoonarmy said:

honestly, I would hate it. Ive watched the videos and its not something I would enjoy. Good luck to all those who do though, I hope they all have a lovely time.
I will be in the buffet, more my style. Even the MDR menus are a bit much for me. 

There were no videos when we went, which made everything a complete surprise, which we loved. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Just watched 3 You tube videos. Seems like your in an IMAX with 20 people.

Two videos were a narrator telling you how outstanding it is as the video shows the Med. Very little about the dishes served. People dressed very casually.

Would have to see much more before I would pay $149 per guest. JMHO! 

But that ruins the experience.  

5 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

No, we've never done those and we wouldn't.  We can have an amazing meal at a top restaurant on land and NOT be seated with strangers.

360 is a unique dining EXPERIENCE. That's what we're paying for. 

We were seated next to the Chefs Table 5 nights out if 7 on our last cruise.  I couldn’t hear everyone at the table but what I did hear was very off-putting.  A bunch of guys bragging to strangers. No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Very nice, and a great price point for the unforgettable experience. 

6 hours ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Not for me, I wouldn’t go if Princess paid me $149

Different strokes... THAT is why it's so great to be offered so many different dining options. 😉

We were invited to 360 gratis... enjoyable, but no way I would pay $49... let alone $149.

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BamaVol said:

We were seated next to the Chefs Table 5 nights out if 7 on our last cruise.  I couldn’t hear everyone at the table but what I did hear was very off-putting.  A bunch of guys bragging to strangers. No thanks.

Five Chef’s Table events on a single cruise?  I wonder how that happened.

We have done the Chef’s Table twice.  In our first experience there was a subset of our group who would have fit in quite well with the group that @BamaVol reported seeing.  It seemed to be a competition as to who had visited the best restaurant or the best hotel or the best resort.  It certainly was not enjoyable for the rest of us.  However, that is one of the possibilities when sitting at a shared table.  Happily, the meal was enjoyable.

Four or five years later we decided to try the Chef’s Table for the second time.  This experience was much better.  This group showed civil courtesy to their dining table mates and to the staff.  Again, the meal was very good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XBGuy said:

Five Chef’s Table events on a single cruise?  I wonder how that happened.

Princess never met a revenue opportunity they didn’t love.  The numbers at the table dwindled over time.  I think the first 2 or 3 nights, the table was at capacity (12 I think).  By the final night, there were only 8.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

Princess never met a revenue opportunity they didn’t love.  The numbers at the table dwindled over time.  I think the first 2 or 3 nights, the table was at capacity (12 I think).  By the final night, there were only 8.  

As a stockholder, I think it is a good idea.  Why not?

I have to question whether the Executive Chef and the Maitre d' (Director of Restaurant Operations), who typically co-host the Chef's Table, are available to do so for multiple events on a single cruise.  I suspect that they could designate a subordinate to stand in for them.  In fact, the Maitre d' was not available for our first event, and his function was adequately performed by an assistant.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

As a stockholder, I think it is a good idea.  Why not?

I have to question whether the Executive Chef and the Maitre d' (Director of Restaurant Operations), who typically co-host the Chef's Table, are available to do so for multiple events on a single cruise.  I suspect that they could designate a subordinate to stand in for them.  In fact, the Maitre d' was not available for our first event, and his function was adequately performed by an assistant.

They (Mario and Luigi) were there every night, for at least a few minutes. They also made the rounds in our dining room each night. They stopped at our table, asked questions and listened to our responses. 

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

They (Mario and Luigi) were there every night, for at least a few minutes. They also made the rounds in our dining room each night. They stopped at our table, asked questions and listened to our responses. 

Wow.  That is excellent.  My hat is off to them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Wow.  That is excellent.  My hat is off to them.

This was on Sapphire Princess. I believe I have heard Mario is retiring before year end. After something like 60 years with Princess. 

Edited by BamaVol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you MISSP22 for providing the 360 link.

I personally think it was very informative and detailed. Based upon the information in that video, I posted my opinion on another tread. This is my opinion.

This is my opinion and your opinion may differ.

After looking at the 360 video I personally believe I would not pay $149pp for this dining experience.

Yes, it is unique, an experience and IMAX presentation. You experience the places the food comes from. Your in an excellent environment.

It is AI.

HOWEVER, specifically addressing the food dishes that were shown would not be worth the money to me. I have visited many Specialty Restaurants and  Chief Tables on many cruise lines. If that is what is served, I would consider that a poor selection of food and not worth the cost.

Again, I'm very happy that this video was provided to allow me and others to see what 360 is.

It maybe for you and not for others.

At least I now have a more definitive idea of what 360 may be.

Happy Cruising! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Thank you MISSP22 for providing the 360 link.

I personally think it was very informative and detailed. Based upon the information in that video, I posted my opinion on another tread. This is my opinion.

This is my opinion and your opinion may differ.

After looking at the 360 video I personally believe I would not pay $149pp for this dining experience.

Yes, it is unique, an experience and IMAX presentation. You experience the places the food comes from. Your in an excellent environment.

It is AI.

HOWEVER, specifically addressing the food dishes that were shown would not be worth the money to me. I have visited many Specialty Restaurants and  Chief Tables on many cruise lines. If that is what is served, I would consider that a poor selection of food and not worth the cost.

Again, I'm very happy that this video was provided to allow me and others to see what 360 is.

It maybe for you and not for others.

At least I now have a more definitive idea of what 360 may be.

Happy Cruising! 

The food at 360 is nothing like specialty restaurants or chefs table. This 7 courses without stuffing you and each one inks superb. You just need to be a little adventurous in your tastes. The drink pairings work great and the octopus is nothing short of spectacular 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BamaVol said:

This was on Sapphire Princess. I believe I have heard Mario is retiring before year end. After something like 60 years with Princess. 

Fifty two years for Mario.  We've sailed with him twice this year on Sapphire and he was less visible last week than in February.  The fellow deserves his retirement - he's done a lot!

• Like 3

We got to attend 360 last November because we were in a suite. We enjoyed it immensely and have never experienced anything like it. We would not pay $149 for it, but we wouldn't pay for a chefs table or winemakers dinner either 😉.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We received an invitation to the attend the 360 dining experience on our upcoming cruise.  Is there a dress code?  We planned to pack casual this trip, but might have to toss in a sport coat for hubs and a sparkly outfit for me.     

8 minutes ago, fluffyclouds said:

In August some people wore dressy (not formal) clothes, but most were casual with jeans or slacks and a nice blouse or shirt. It’s an elevated experience, but not stuffy. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Thanks for the info.  We're really looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

It was an amazing experience and well worth the $149.00. I would not do it every cruise but even my travel companion, who is not into specialty dining, loved it when we were invited. We were invited but I would definitely do it again with someone on another cruise. 

• Like 6