Princess extending 360 experience to non-suite guests

dides

Vicki Johnson, Senior VP of Communications at Princess, has announced that they will be extending the 360 experience on Discovery Princess and Enchanted Princess to non-suite guests at a charge of $149 pp.  However, it will continue as a suite perk so it will be subject to availability. She also said there were lots of things up their sleeves when asked about the secret black door on Sun Princess.  See Shipmonk's article.for the announcement details.

Edited by dides
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, dides said:

Vicki Johnson, VP of Communications at Princess has announced that they will be extending the 360 experience on Discovery Princess and Enchanted Princess to non-suite guests at a charge of $149 pp.  However, it will continue as a suite perk so it will be subject to availability. She also said there were lots of things up their sleeves when asked about the secret black door on Sun Princess.  See Shipmonk's article.for the announcement details.

Very nice, and a great price point for the unforgettable experience. 

Our whole family loved the entire 360 experience, and would do it again.

Nice to see Magdalena rewarded with 360, we got to know her on several cruises when she was the manager at Alfredos.

Edited by startedwithamouse

47 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Very nice, and a great price point for the unforgettable experience. 

Our whole family loved the entire 360 experience, and would do it again.

Nice to see Magdalena rewarded with 360, we got to know her on several cruises when she was the manager at Alfredos.

It was great!  But, you would pay $149 PP for the whole family?

• Like 1

I can see why they would open it to all! Make more money off those who will pay.

If you have a beverage package and can go to one of the Specialty Restaurants for $39/person.  

Too much for me. JMHO!

Edited by Oxo

50 minutes ago, memoak said:

The same people who pay for Chhefs Table and Winemakers Dinners

No, we've never done those and we wouldn't.  We can have an amazing meal at a top restaurant on land and NOT be seated with strangers.

360 is a unique dining EXPERIENCE. That's what we're paying for. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

No, we've never done those and we wouldn't.  We can have an amazing meal at a top restaurant on land and NOT be seated with strangers.

360 is a unique dining EXPERIENCE. That's what we're paying for. 

I am sure when you stack up 360 @ $150/pp up against the CT Lumiere at the new price of $140 (yes?) and the new WMD experience, it is priced in the range of the premium meal experiences.  From the bit I have read, I would do 360 over a CTL if I was going to spend the money in the first place.

The ship tours are also ~$150/pp, right?  Another premium experience which several have posted about lately wondering if it is back.  

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am sure when you stack up 360 @ $150/pp up against the CT Lumiere at the new price of $140 (yes?) and the new WMD experience, it is priced in the range of the premium meal experiences.  From the bit I have read, I would do 360 over a CTL if I was going to spend the money in the first place.

The ship tours are also ~$150/pp, right?  Another premium experience which several have posted about lately wondering if it is back.  

$150 is the new $50 ...

just like going to a grocery store ... used to be $40-50 ... now it's $100-110

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

$150 is the new $50 ...

just like going to a grocery store ... used to be $40-50 ... now it's $100-110

Didn't the UBD go up to $110/couple recently after many years?  That's not a bad increase and I think it is good value compared to $78/couple for CG. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Didn't the UBD go up to $110/couple recently after many years?  That's not a bad increase and I think it is good value compared to $78/couple for CG. 

It is and we really enjoy the UBD.

Very nice and the food has been great!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Is there an age requirement for attending 360?  Would someone as young as 5 be allowed to attend?

I have seen families there with children but it is probably not appropriate for a 5 year old. There is a set menu with only changes for son allergies. I really doubt most children would want most of the dishes 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dides said:

Vicki Johnson, Senior VP of Communications at Princess, has announced that they will be extending the 360 experience on Discovery Princess and Enchanted Princess to non-suite guests at a charge of $149 pp.  However, it will continue as a suite perk so it will be subject to availability.

Another journalist at the announcement in Barcelona said the 360 rollout change is starting from mid-October

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When we participated in the 360 trial last October on the Discovery we were told that it would be sold at $150 pp so that seems to have been the plan all along.  It just was a surprise that it took them a while to start charging for it but it was inevitable.

2 hours ago, memoak said:

I have seen families there with children but it is probably not appropriate for a 5 year old. There is a set menu with only changes for son allergies. I really doubt most children would want most of the dishes 

Our kids, a bit older than 5, loved all the dishes.

Sadly, some kids are conditioned to eat cheap processed carb heavy foods at a young age, and that becomes the stereotypical kid food. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

Why?? 

honestly, I would hate it. Ive watched the videos and its not something I would enjoy. Good luck to all those who do though, I hope they all have a lovely time.
I will be in the buffet, more my style. Even the MDR menus are a bit much for me.