Guest Services Priority Line for 4 & 5 Star Mariners replaced by Club Orange

2LoveBikes

26 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Maybe HAL should add CO to the 5 Star perks, since you do no get much now as pointed out above.  

Before the HIA came into play I always said why not give 5* free wifi.  Sigh.  Now that you’re 5* start advocating for stuff!!  

With regard to the idea of adding CO perks to 5 stars: people seem to think it takes a lot to get to 5 star (with days and spending both involvedin the calculation) maybe HAL should go back to just pure days as a basis for perks, as with Prseident's Club.  A lot of confusion could be eliminated between star and day levels, and perks based on days would be a straightforward way of rewarding "loyalty". 

• Like 3

Maybe the OP is thinking about initial boarding for 4/5 stars and now includes CO and thought is was also onboard (which I don't remember ever seeing onboard). I doubt HAL will ever let 5 star be CO since they want to sell that "benefit" and it would crowd the restauranton Pinnacle ships. But they will have to do something since there are many more 4/5* onboard now, especially Grand voyages where the embarkation lines are shorter if you aren't 4/5 and there is no priority except for Neptune and above. Maybe they think we'll age out or go elsewhere. Reaching 4* laundry was a great perk but nothing beats haggling with customer service for 100% refund of your 5* meal at alternative dining. 😀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Because of the confusion of many and my first-hand experience aboard ship at Guest Service, I just finished with a call to the Mariners Society (1-800-547-9139).  I was told that the designated Club Orange line is "ALSO for 4* & 5* Mariners and also those in suites as well.  They committed to discussion with her supervisor so that better communication will be sent to the fleet. I thanked her and said I will be sailing tomorrow and hopefully there will be a change.

I also mentioned that Carnival has a dedicated Guest Services line for Platinum and Diamond loyalty guest.  Celebrity also has a line for Captain's Club Elites and above.  Hope this helps everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, 2LoveBikes said:

Because of the confusion of many and my first-hand experience aboard ship at Guest Service, I just finished with a call to the Mariners Society (1-800-547-9139).  I was told that the designated Club Orange line is "ALSO for 4* & 5* Mariners

That will end up being no priority at all for anyone with the number of 4 and 5* Mariners on many sailings.

and also those in suites as well. 

I assume that means Neptune Suites?  that being the case, they have access to their own Neptune Lounge concierges which are usually much faster than any line at Guest Services.

I also mentioned that Carnival has a dedicated Guest Services line for Platinum and Diamond loyalty guest.  Celebrity also has a line for Captain's Club Elites and above.  Hope this helps everyone.

A separate line for 5* and possibly 4* Mariners similar to this would make sense.  I’d probably go to the regular line since the lineup will be shorter on many of the more extended voyages 😉 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, 2LoveBikes said:

Because of the confusion of many and my first-hand experience aboard ship at Guest Service, I just finished with a call to the Mariners Society (1-800-547-9139).  I was told that the designated Club Orange line is "ALSO for 4* & 5* Mariners and also those in suites as well.  They committed to discussion with her supervisor so that better communication will be sent to the fleet. I thanked her and said I will be sailing tomorrow and hopefully there will be a change.

This won’t help anyone.  If all Suite passengers and 4 and 5 star passengers plus those who have paid for Club Orange can use the priority line, the priority line will be busier than the non-priority line!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 2LoveBikes said:

I'm guessing a total of 5000 cruise nights (maybe I am high on that number) replied to this thread they have never seen a 4* or 5* line at guest services but they were all confused. Thank you for unconfusing them. How will we ever be able to trust any information they share on the forums again?

Fingers crossed all of the new signs arrive from the printer in time for your cruise tomorrow! 

• Like 1

I wonder if this is accurate information.  My understanding was that the Club Orange priority line at the front desk was for Neptune Suites and people who paid for Club Orange.  If they added 4 and 5 star mariners, would that include the Club Orange priority line in the dining room and the shore excursion desk?  How about the Club Orange dining room?  People have paid to get these Club Orange benefits.

• Like 1

Quick question. We're 4* Mariners. We're in a suite, but it's Vista, not Neptune. We have Club Orange.

Can I line up at the express front desk line or do I have to take off my shoes and belt? Also, can I get a statement of charges or do I have to put all liquids in a one quart zip loc bag?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

I wonder if this is accurate information.  My understanding was that the Club Orange priority line at the front desk was for Neptune Suites and people who paid for Club Orange.  If they added 4 and 5 star mariners, would that include the Club Orange priority line in the dining room and the shore excursion desk?  How about the Club Orange dining room?  People have paid to get these Club Orange benefits.

IMO 4 and 5 star Mariners paid nice amounts for those stars.....

• Like 6

On 10/8/2023 at 7:38 AM, WriterOnDeck said:

In 30 years of HAL cruising I don't recall ever seeing a special line for 4 and 5 star Mariners.

Agree...after 24 years of HAL cruising....

In my experience, there has never been a "special" line for 4/5 stars at Guest Services.  Also, on the list of Mariner benefits, there is no benefit for "priority line" at Guest Services. And I do not recall it ever being on the list of Mariner benefits. 

The CO people do have the "special" line but it's rarely needed/used (IMO) but hey, it is there if you paid for it and want to step up front on the "special" rug. 

I'm not sure one can diss HAL for taking away a benefit that never existed. (IMO)

(Also, I see no need for the special line....the line moves rather efficiently and when there is a backup I simply come back later.  And those folks in Guest Services are so patient.  It's fascinating to me what you hear from our fellow passengers when you are at the counter)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2023 at 7:08 PM, oaktreerb said:

…  In the beginning it was not very popular and CO has only become a sought after program since cruising has resumed.  I think HAL originally included Neptune Suites in the program in order to have enough people to fill the CO dining room.  …

I have always thought it was the other way around…that HAL created the Club Orange dining room on the Pinnacle ships in an effort to address competition from other lines offering stronger suite benefits, such as Celebrity with their fleet-wide Luminae dining rooms.  

But since there would not be enough Neptune people to fill the Pinnacle class private dining rooms, my guess was that HAL retooled their former added-fare option (which gave non-Neptune passengers some suite benefits such as priority boarding - does anyone remember what it was called?), and renamed it Club Orange. 

But I’m only guessing. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

I have always thought it was the other way around…that HAL created the Club Orange dining room on the Pinnacle ships in an effort to address competition from other lines offering stronger suite benefits, such as Celebrity with their fleet-wide Luminae dining rooms.  

But since there would not be enough Neptune people to fill the Pinnacle class private dining rooms, my guess was that HAL retooled their former added-fare option (which gave non-Neptune passengers some suite benefits such as priority boarding - does anyone remember what it was called?), and renamed it Club Orange. 

But I’m only guessing. 

That make a LOT of sense to me 👍 and seems like a valid supposition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

I think you are referring to the Suite Amenities Package.

Also count me in as one who has never seen a special line for 4* and 5* mariners at Guest Services.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I think you are referring to the Suite Amenities Package.

Yes, thank you. I think you are right about the old name. I remember seeing it promoted in paper brochures back when there were such things.  

Edited by Caribbean Chris

4 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

I totally agree, 4 and 5 star Mariner paid in $ and in loyalty  for the benefits that they receive, and HAL should remember this.

Agree and we just completed our first cruise w/4 stars on our belly.......

We felt very appreciated by HAL.....

• we got to use the "special" line at check in and were quickly whisked to the early boarding group area in Seattle (Oct 1).
  •  
  • We enjoyed the welcome aboard cocktail party and had a great time drinking many glasses of that sparking wine and meeting a great group of folks
  •  
  • Her Majesty took advantage of her 50% off coffee purchases (less than 3 bucks for her "special" tea) in the Crow's Nest
  •  
  • I enjoyed 50% off wine.  I think our average price per bottle (package 1) with tip was around twenty bucks a bottle
  •  
  • we sent dirty clothes out daily.....and they came back in that nice basket with tissue wrap and a thank you note.....and FREE
  •  
  • we enjoyed the Mariner lunch (we did not have that on recent previous cruises and glad that is back).  The dessert is still discussed. And our tile has been added to the collection.
  •  
  • At dis-embarkation, we were able to depart whenever we wanted.....In the past, we did early dis-embarkation but this time we were able to not haul our luggage and it was waiting for us after our early breakfast
  •  

We feel as though our loyalty is recognized and generously rewarded.  Also, as HAL's intention, these benefits makes it difficult for us to justify cruising another line. 

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 6

As 4* we have also enjoyed the free wine tasting…and the cabin mini bar at 50% off…. And yes it makes it difficult to move to another line….. although we snagged a great cruise on Princess for next year, offering many of those nice benefits….

6 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

I totally agree, 4 and 5 star Mariner paid in $ and in loyalty  for the benefits that they receive, and HAL should remember this.

And you get a lot for that.  But you can make yourself unhappy if you ignore the many things you do get and instead focus on something you don't get.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

And you get a lot for that.  But you can make yourself unhappy if you ignore the many things you do get and instead focus on something you don't get.

We are indeed focusing on all the goodies we get, even more so as we were able to add the HIA early bird to our next cruise which includes gratuities, premium beverage package, premium internet, etc…. We cant wait to board! Happy sailing everybody!

• Like 3