News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

On 11/1/2023 at 8:54 PM, BlerkOne said:

It just means I will ignore until forced to comply via some other means instead of a CVP.

The current policy should work through Feb for cruises through June. +/-

Last week I submitted my shareholder benefit form, proof of ownership, etc, through the mail.  Today I received email notification that I had to use the Stockperks app.  Really bummer!  As someone said, it worked great so they had to fix it.  I am not about to allow any website access to my brokerage account, so I guess I will resurrect the blacked out page of my broker's statement, take a photo of it, and upload that.  This might be much easier for Princess or whoever, but it puts much more of a burden on us.  I'll do it, but I'm not happy!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SheenaQ said:

Last week I submitted my shareholder benefit form, proof of ownership, etc, through the mail.  Today I received email notification that I had to use the Stockperks app.  Really bummer!  As someone said, it worked great so they had to fix it.  I am not about to allow any website access to my brokerage account, so I guess I will resurrect the blacked out page of my broker's statement, take a photo of it, and upload that.  This might be much easier for Princess or whoever, but it puts much more of a burden on us.  I'll do it, but I'm not happy!

I get concerned about the validity of a website when I find misspellings.  Like "Valifdate your portfolio" -- I'd sure like to hear that people have successfully received their credits using this app.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SheenaQ said:

I get concerned about the validity of a website when I find misspellings.  Like "Valifdate your portfolio" -- I'd sure like to hear that people have successfully received their credits using this app.

I have for several cruises, no problem. Many others have also reported it working fine.

On 2/17/2024 at 3:29 PM, cruzsnooze said:

You can do it via email as I stated earlier. It takes an extra day but most of us do it well in advance of the cruise. 

email to   SBPCL@PRINCESSCRUISES.COM

Confirming that requesting by email is no longer a viable option as @SheenaQ commented last week.  I used this address earlier this morning to request the benefit and received an email reply just a few minutes ago with this response:

Thank you for your request for an onboard credit as part of the Carnival Corp & plc. Shareholder Benefit Program.

Carnival Corp is implementing a more automated onboard credit request process in partnership with Stockperks.  

Please go to www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp for all details about the program and how to apply for your onboard credit via the Stockperks app.

Thank you for being a CCL shareholder!  We look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Kind regards,

Ana
Commercial Compliance Support
24303 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355

I downloaded the Stockperks app to my iPad on Friday (last week) and submitted a monthly statement from my brokerage account (striking out all account information other than my name and Carnival information). I received a confirmation from Stockperks that the brokerage scan was received and I could use the Stockperks app to input my Princess booking number, my name, email and sail date. The app indicated that I should receive an OBC confirmation in about five business days. Although this seems to work - I prefer the old days of faxing my info to Princess rather than dealing with an app. The account statement seems to be valid for 5-6 months before a new statement needs to be scanned for Stockperks. In early February I tried the fax approach to Princess and never heard any word back that the process had changed (and fax failed to be accepted). I just happened to check the CruiseCritic boards and stumbled on the change.

34 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Confirming that requesting by email is no longer a viable option as @SheenaQ commented last week.  I used this address earlier this morning to request the benefit and received an email reply just a few minutes ago with this response:

Thank you for your request for an onboard credit as part of the Carnival Corp & plc. Shareholder Benefit Program.

Carnival Corp is implementing a more automated onboard credit request process in partnership with Stockperks.  

Please go to www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp for all details about the program and how to apply for your onboard credit via the Stockperks app.

Thank you for being a CCL shareholder!  We look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Kind regards,

Ana
Commercial Compliance Support
24303 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355

I downloaded the stockperks app and it took me about 10 minutes, then 3 days waiting, to get my OBC added to our account.  It was super easy.  I appreciate all the tips in this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, tserface said:

I downloaded the stockperks app and it took me about 10 minutes, then 3 days waiting, to get my OBC added to our account.  It was super easy.  I appreciate all the tips in this thread.

Good to hear! We had our doubts about it at first as well when Princess made the switch to applying for the benefit through the app, but we had a similar experience and found it pretty user friendly and got our OBC applied promptly.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 6:49 PM, karatemom2 said:

Good to hear! We had our doubts about it at first as well when Princess made the switch to applying for the benefit through the app, but we had a similar experience and found it pretty user friendly and got our OBC applied promptly.

We did as well.  "Easy Peasy!"

The latest update to the Medallion App is very good.  It now shows all upcoming bookings so you don't have to log out and log in using the other booking number.

I submitted an email to SBPCL@PRINCESSCRUISES.COM last month and received a similar letter to the one kamelia received.  I responded to the letter expressing my displeasure at being forced to share my financial information with a third party app.  (As I mentioned in an earlier post, we had an incident in our family where a large amount of money was electronically stolen from a family member.)  I don’t care if the process is “easy”. As I considered my next options I discovered that Princess did go ahead and apply my Shareholder’s Benefits to my cruise.  For the future I am going to watch this process evolve.  In the meanwhile we have started to explore another cruise line (Viking).

Edited by mevs904
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mevs904 said:

I submitted an email to SBPCL@PRINCESSCRUISES.COM last month and received a similar letter to the one kamelia received.  I responded to the letter expressing my displeasure at being forced to share my financial information with a third party app.  (As I mentioned in an earlier post, we had an incident in our family where a large amount of money was electronically stolen from a family member.)  I don’t care if the process is “easy”. As I considered my next options I discovered that Princess did go ahead and apply my Shareholder’s Benefits to my cruise.  For the future I am going to watch this process evolve.  In the meanwhile we have started to explore another cruise line (Viking).

Just as a suggestion, you may want to research the option of using the Alinea (rather than the default Plaid) option to manually upload your applicable shareholder information on your brokerage statement, as discussed starting at post 101 to eliminate the need for providing any brokerage passwords.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just as a suggestion, you may want to research the option of using the Alinea (rather than the default Plaid) option to manually upload your applicable shareholder information on your brokerage statement, as discussed starting at post 101 to eliminate the need for providing any brokerage passwords.

Thanks, Ken.  I appreciate the suggestion.  I did read that information up thread, but didn’t remember it.  We’ll see how things are going when we book our next cruise.  We will purchase a FCD when we are on the ship next month, but right now we’re focusing on our booked Viking river cruise and on some Rick Steves Europe tours.  In any case we feel fortunate that we have the health and resources to vacation and see the world.

• Like 1

We just submitted via the app again for our Norway cruise this summer and now that we have our account set up from our last submission it was super easy. Basically just log in, enter your cruise booking and you’re done. We did it yesterday and already got confirmation this morning that our $250 OBC has been applied. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, karatemom2 said:

We just submitted via the app again for our Norway cruise this summer and now that we have our account set up from our last submission it was super easy. Basically just log in, enter your cruise booking and you’re done. We did it yesterday and already got confirmation this morning that our $250 OBC has been applied. 

Is your cruise before July 31?  Mine is a few days later so I have to wait for them to extend it.  Don't like it.

Edited by dickinson

5 hours ago, mevs904 said:

In the meanwhile we have started to explore another cruise line (Viking).

Since Viking is privately held, I think you will be disappointed in their shareholder offer. 🙂

1 hour ago, dickinson said:

Is your cruise before July 31?  Mine is a few days later so I have to wait for them to extend it.  Don't like it.

The terms of the shareholder credit, not the fault of the app.

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I just put Fidelity as the brokerage firm (which is true in my case), and uploaded a redacted statement. No passwords asked for or entered.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dickinson said:

Yes, June 15. Sounds like they are holding to the 6 month time limits again. It seemed for a little while they were just accepting it even for cruises that were further out, but I guess they are tightening back up on that. But, you will be at the mark soon!

The only real drag about the stock benefit is you can't really apply for it until your cruise is pretty close.  I totally understand.  Someone could buy the stock, apply for a bunch of planned cruises, then sell it.  I just have to remember to apply before within the correct time and before it gets too close.  Within the window.  It's worth it for the free OBC and no complaints from me.  This new app makes it really easy to remember because it's right next to my Princess app on my phone.

6 hours ago, mevs904 said:

I submitted an email to SBPCL@PRINCESSCRUISES.COM last month and received a similar letter to the one kamelia received.  I responded to the letter expressing my displeasure at being forced to share my financial information with a third party app. 

You don't have to link your brokerage account information if you don't want. We just uploaded the same redacted brokerage pdf document that we were otherwise emailing using the old process  before Stockperks.

3 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Yes, June 15. Sounds like they are holding to the 6 month time limits again. It seemed for a little while they were just accepting it even for cruises that were further out, but I guess they are tightening back up on that. But, you will be at the mark soon!

I must have missed it when Stockperks was accepting it further out.  I know Princess used to.  As a matter of fact, I had sent it in to Princess (before Stockperks was tasked with this) and they put it on my account.  Then I re-fared when the price went down and I lost it.  Now I have to wait 😞. Could have used it to pay for an excursion.  Now I don't know what I will use it on. My cruise is August 3 so just a few days after July 31.  

28 minutes ago, dickinson said:

I must have missed it when Stockperks was accepting it further out.  I know Princess used to.  As a matter of fact, I had sent it in to Princess (before Stockperks was tasked with this) and they put it on my account.  Then I re-fared when the price went down and I lost it.  Now I have to wait 😞. Could have used it to pay for an excursion.  Now I don't know what I will use it on. My cruise is August 3 so just a few days after July 31.  

You can still use it on an excursion, even if you book the excursion before it's available. The excursion will be charged on your onboard folio, and the credit card payment will be refundable OBC. So you will use the nonrefundable OBC to pay for the excursion onboard, and the refundable OBC from the credit card payment will be refunded if not spent on something else.

2 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

You can still use it on an excursion, even if you book the excursion before it's available. The excursion will be charged on your onboard folio, and the credit card payment will be refundable OBC. So you will use the nonrefundable OBC to pay for the excursion onboard, and the refundable OBC from the credit card payment will be refunded if not spent on something else.

Could you please clarify this?  I have already paid, by credit card, for an excursion. I did this last month. I am not clear what I should do once onboard (and I have some OBC from the shareholder credit on my folio).  Thanks!

2 hours ago, dickinson said:

Could you please clarify this?  I have already paid, by credit card, for an excursion. I did this last month. I am not clear what I should do once onboard (and I have some OBC from the shareholder credit on my folio).  Thanks!

I don't believe you need to do anything, but you should double check your folio onboard to be sure. The excursions should all be charged to your folio. The credit card payments should be listed as refundable OBC. The credit card payments should no longer be attached to specific excursions. The shareholder OBC should be listed as nonrefundable OBC. Princess always uses nonrefundable OBC first before refundable. As long as your total charges are more than your total nonrefundable OBC, you should receive the balance back after the cruise.