Hideaway beach impact on Coco Cay

edrussell

58.99 for our Wonder OTS sailing in 16 days.  Can't remember how much less it was at other times but I think around 30 or so PP.  Should have snagged it then.  The heated pool alone might be worth it.  Although a bunch of reviews I've watched it is clear the DJ is louder than we want.

1 hour ago, boontj2003 said:

Check your cruise planner. Just looking at buying it for $18.99 for this up coming weekend. Is it even open?

It’s open as of last week’s Icon Inaugural cruise. I would grab that price! It’s currently $55.99 for my August Celebrity visit (5% off!). Plus 10% Bahamas VAT. Can’t even say the heated pool is a draw then.

Edited by GimmeOcean

3 hours ago, boontj2003 said:

Check your cruise planner. Just looking at buying it for $18.99 for this up coming weekend. Is it even open?

Seems curious that right as it opens that we are seeing price drops . 

Would have thought that with all the hype surrounding a new venue such as this it would be the opposite , (At least for a while ) . First impressions not being reviewed as highly as hoped ?

Cheers

2 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

Seems curious that right as it opens that we are seeing price drops . 

Would have thought that with all the hype surrounding a new venue such as this it would be the opposite , (At least for a while ) . First impressions not being reviewed as highly as hoped ?

Cheers

Things that attract people to book Hideaway Beach:  Adults Only!!!

Things that repel people from booking Hideaway Beach:  Loud non-stop DJ music!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

We got it for 33.99 on BF. Currently it is $47. I’m skeptical it’ll be what we want but at that price I’m willing to try it out. 

Yeah...I'm not sure it's for me, but I haven't seen it lower than $26.99 for my upcoming cruise - and knowing that it's over Presidents' Week when a lot of the Northeast has school break AND since we'll be there along with Liberty (I'm on Anthem), having an adult-only area will be nice.

And if it's too big of a party, I'll go elsewhere and not feel like I spent a ton of $$ on it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We got it for 33.99 on BF. Currently it is $47. I’m skeptical it’ll be what we want but at that price I’m willing to try it out. 

We got it for $29.99 for the Freedom 2/12 sailing.  I think it will be too noisy for me- I have a feeling the music won’t be my type.  We figure if it’s bad we didn’t waste too much.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, boontj2003 said:

It was opened yesterday when we were there. They were selling tickets that day for about 90.00. Not sure how busy it was.

Edited by ReneeFLL

I was surprised about the fee too.  My first thought was they're adding an adult beach like Disney has, far away from the family beach, and complimentary.  I wouldn't pay $70 for a day at their beach, unless more came with it.   That's what I paid for the Beach Club in 2022, and to us was worth the price for a nice lunch.  Current pricing will keep me away from there now. 

In a similar situation, the Waterpark may be a hard sell to Icon guests at current prices with her having so many slides onboard.   

Here's my experience with it.

Granted we were there with Icon and Vision  so not two big ships.   But Hideaway seemed to be a recreation of what the main pool area is, without kids.

A big pool, with a bar, and yes there was music going, and adult only.    It really was the exact same thing as the main pool just without kids.   

Now the day I visited the main cool was FREEZING, like majorly FREEZING and Hideaway wasn't.  But I'm thinking there may have been a mechanical thing.

And the DJ was no longer at the main pool area,   it was peaceful. 

There was live music at the captain jacks area though.

1 minute ago, RCCL Fan said:

Here's my experience with it.

Granted we were there with Icon and Vision  so not two big ships.   But Hideaway seemed to be a recreation of what the main pool area is, without kids.

A big pool, with a bar, and yes there was music going, and adult only.    It really was the exact same thing as the main pool just without kids.   

Now the day I visited the main cool was FREEZING, like majorly FREEZING and Hideaway wasn't.  But I'm thinking there may have been a mechanical thing.

And the DJ was no longer at the main pool area,   it was peaceful. 

There was live music at the captain jacks area though.

Are you certain there was no DJ for the entire day . My experience , He usually shows up maybe a bit before lunch and starts ramping up the vibe. Hard to believe that this would just be eliminated as many people (myself included ) have com to expect this as part of the experience . 

We have booked hideaway to check it out but this would be disappointing to show up at the main pool to no DJ

Cheers

Just now, LobsterStalker said:

Are you certain there was no DJ for the entire day . My experience , He usually shows up maybe a bit before lunch and starts ramping up the vibe. Hard to believe that this would just be eliminated as many people (myself included ) have com to expect this as part of the experience . 

We have booked hideaway to check it out but this would be disappointing to show up at the main pool to no DJ

Cheers

We didn't stay all day.  I don't know.

I got off the ship around 11am.  Spent morning at Chill Island.   Left after lunch to walk around, (1pm ish)  went to the pool, it was empty, quiet, no DJ and water was cold.  Left, went to other spots on the island.  Hideaway Bay was pumping.   Can back to main pool 2:45ish on my way back to the ship,  pool still empty other than a view folks who told us they were from Canada and the cold water didn't both them, no DJ though.

1 hour ago, RCCL Fan said:

We didn't stay all day.  I don't know.

I got off the ship around 11am.  Spent morning at Chill Island.   Left after lunch to walk around, (1pm ish)  went to the pool, it was empty, quiet, no DJ and water was cold.  Left, went to other spots on the island.  Hideaway Bay was pumping.   Can back to main pool 2:45ish on my way back to the ship,  pool still empty other than a view folks who told us they were from Canada and the cold water didn't both them, no DJ though.

Wow. If this is yet another tactic to 'encourage' people to spend more money , that is disappointing . Anyone who has been by the Oasis lagoon pool in the early afternoon can tell you the party has clearly been a HUGE hit ! If their intent is to now make you have to go to another venue and have to pay to get that same experience if thats what you are looking for ....They have reached another low.

Cheers

11 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Wow. If this is yet another tactic to 'encourage' people to spend more money , that is disappointing . Anyone who has been by the Oasis lagoon pool in the early afternoon can tell you the party has clearly been a HUGE hit ! If their intent is to now make you have to go to another venue and have to pay to get that same experience if thats what you are looking for ....They have reached another low.

Cheers

I'm sure others can verify, I wasn't trying to suggest that,   I just was sharing my memory of stopping by twice and there was no music. I don't know if it was tactical, a change in service, or my one off experience.

4 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

I'm sure others can verify, I wasn't trying to suggest that,   I just was sharing my memory of stopping by twice and there was no music. I don't know if it was tactical, a change in service, or my one off experience.

Understood . And I wasn't implying you were trying to suggest anything. I have been there several times over the last couple years , And the DJ is always hyping up the crowd with the party in full swing ! . If that was not not the case then something is off. I only Hope my (suggestion) is not the case .

I'll be making to stops there in a couple weeks...May have to sneak out of Hideaway for a walk to confirm 

Cheers

• Like 1

We booked Hideaway Beach during the BF sale. We were hoping for a quiet adults only beach. Sounds like we’ll end up canceling since it seems like it’s going to be more of a party area. Nothing wrong with a party area for those who enjoy that. It’s just not what we’re looking for so we’ll leave it for those who are.