Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

I think RCL is helping some of the influencers that are onboard.  I have followed a young Instagram person/influencer. She is clearly onboard the ship.  She has done selfies around the ship.  She mentioned in one of her posts that she and her husband were invited to participate in a Chef's Table.  She said early on that she and her parents saved for three years for the cruise.  

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

31 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I think RCL is helping some of the influencers that are onboard.  I have followed a young Instagram person/influencer. She is clearly onboard the ship.  She has done selfies around the ship.  She mentioned in one of her posts that she and her husband were invited to participate in a Chef's Table.  She said early on that she and her parents saved for three years for the cruise.  

How can you save for 3 years for something that wasn’t announced 3 years ago?

You can’t believe much of anything these people say 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Influencer?  Of what...pot stirring wanna be without a life of their own?   🤣   

Uh yeah, I truly apologize and am so sorry to have brought that here. 🫣

I'm 68 and am so not "in the loop" (do they still say that?), and when I read all the comments about them and this cruise I had to go see what was out there. That was literally the first thing I saw, and was just surprised at the categories they chose to list to watch for on the cruise. Big oops. I'll put myself in posting jail now. 😉

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Happy New Year to you and Bucky!  What time is it for you right now.  I am trying to figure our when your new year starts. Almost 2pm here.

They are 2 hours ahead of us, Their new year will be at 10Pm Eastern Time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

How can you save for 3 years for something that wasn’t announced 3 years ago?

You can’t believe much of anything these people say 

They were being preemptive, you know, just in case RCI decided to do a world cruise. I heard they are now saving in case Royal decides to sent Oasis to the North Pole.

• Haha 17

2 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Uh yeah, I truly apologize and am so sorry to have brought that here. 🫣

I'm 68 and am so not "in the loop" (do they still say that?), and when I read all the comments about them and this cruise I had to go see what was out there. That was literally the first thing I saw, and was just surprised at the categories they chose to list to watch for on the cruise. Big oops. I'll put myself in posting jail now. 😉

Gosh no sweetie...there is no reason to "kill the messenger".   I thank you very much for shining a light on the idiots.   Thanks again, and thanks for following and reporting.  🙂 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

They were being preemptive, you know, just in case RCI decided to do a world cruise. I heard they are now saving in case Royal decides to sent Oasis to the North Pole.

OMG...bad boy as usual...and you know I adore you.  😄  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mousemom11 said:

I think Virgin will probably do it before RCL with Branson as the owner. Nonetheless, we should start saving now. 😂

Hey, I live along the space coast...I have to pass by his over the top facilities on the way to get on a ship at the port in PC.  Talk about way too much blue!!!  😉  

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

8:34.  We are still 2 hours earlier than EST.  

Pat, I think you meant later. East Coast is almost 7pm. I’m on West coast and it’s almost 4pm

Are you going to make it to 12? I was on Navigator last New Years with my 2 daughter and grandkids, and none of us made it…LOL

Edited by crzndeb
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Pat, I think you meant later. East Coast is almost 7pm. I’m on West coast and it’s almost 4pm

It is 8:56 pm here right now.  We are much east of Miami where we departed.  So yeah...later.  Sorry.  😉 But we are indeed in an earlier time zone.  Sun comes up way too early at 5 am.  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

@DragonOfTheSeassorry to but in but how is your husband doing?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yet another Costa ship moved into position next to us.  Yikes...  hope they don't sink this one.  😄 

20231231_190647.jpg

It is a bucket list item for me to one day enjoy the Rio fireworks from a cruise ship in the bay!  Enjoy I'm envious, but, so happy for you and my friends on board who get the experience tonight! Happy New Year!  😊 🎉🎆

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

It is 8:56 pm here right now.  We are much east of Miami where we departed.  So yeah...later.  Sorry.  😉 But we are indeed in an earlier time zone.  Sun comes up way too early at 5 am.  😮 

You should try it here in Az where there is no Spring ahead, Birds chirping at 320am in Summer, Sun coming up after 4 in Summertime

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

@DragonOfTheSeassorry to but in but how is your husband doing?

His ribs have healed after the surgery.  He still has PT.  Thank you for asking. We have a cruise in March.  I have my fingers crossed all will be well. . . . . Sorry to digress from New Year's Eve. DH fell on our last cruise and I was doing a live thread.  Every now and then I hear from a fellow passenger.  People on CC are very caring. 

30 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yet another Costa ship moved into position next to us.  Yikes...  hope they don't sink this one.  😄 

20231231_190647.jpg

It is going to be very crowded in the Harbor. That makes it a little scary and exciting at the same time. What a great way to ring in the new year.

It seems to me that this trip has already been the trip of a lifetime.  I am not sure how RCL will keep this up. But, I look forward to following along.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 11