Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

6 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Falls was not included. But I heard there were 2 charters for what they sold.

Machu Pichu in a couple weeks will be first included plane trip

What did it cost to do that kind of excursion?

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

What did it cost to do that kind of excursion?

Around $1400 through Royal. John booked it a while ago

Private tours were less, but I'm not comfortable doing that

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

We visited Tromsko, Norway in 2019 in early February.  Lovely show.  Cold as hades.  Yikes, not sure I have ever been colder.

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Isn't that an oxymoron?  😉 

I think that is the one set up for all of us the love the Caribbean heat.

7 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

They are now. 

So much misinformation here, it's as bad as Tik Tok

This is new information.  Normally, they do not.  Sometimes I wonder who is posting.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

No, it puts me to sleep faster than Ambien.

There's really only one reason he likes that show

it puts me to sleep too and I tried a couple of times to get through it, but I just can’t.

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

No, it puts me to sleep faster than Ambien.

There's really only one reason he likes that show

Because no one else does.

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, torpeedo said:

I'm glad you had asked because I was wondering about the refills.  I get 90 days also and I'm sure my MD would give me the whole time because my meds haven't changed in 15 years and I don't even think I need them but it makes her, my MD, happy so i take them.  Some people require lab work to see if there's a dosage change.  Either they don't go at all or the ship can do the lab work and they can do that telemedicine thing  with their MD which would definitely work.  

You are most welcome.  🙂   Happily our doctors understand different circumstances.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I saw this at Costco today and thought of you…..I’ll be happy to pick some up for you if I can bunk in your cabin 😁
image.thumb.jpeg.68e1fb93fe15f95658ad9ca053802915.jpeg

Yes, please send Fedex...err......air flight to heliopad?  😄 😄   Will be happy to take delivery.  

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, orville99 said:

They will, however provide a small quantity if the situation warrants it. We were on the Dorian cruise that got extended to 11 days, and I only brought enough of my meds to make it through the first seven (dumb me - will never do that again). Since we were stuck on the ship, the med center gave me enough to make it through the end of that cruise and the three night stub of the next one. Now we always pack enough to extend for two weeks after the cruise is scheduled to end.

Wow...that's good to know!  Thanks! 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

My husband lost some of his hearing during a rocket attack in Afghanistan.

Both Dave and Bucky suffered the loud attacks in Nam from weapons fire.  I am so sorry the same thing happened to your hubby.  The best thing...is they all survived...and I am enjoying having my best friend with me. 🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder what happens if the ship encounters an emergency. Do off duty crew not have any responsibilities in such a situation?🤔

They seem to be pretty adept at doing their job after a party night.  I suppose much like any other person that has to go to work in the morning after having really good time.  😉 

But indeed an interesting question...though I would think they have a tough enough time being away from family for months at a time, working long hours, sleeping in cramped quarters, etc..etc. to be denied their fun on a "what if".    Worst thing (IMHO) is dealing with some pax that think they own them.  😬

• Like 4

13 hours ago, BND said:

No idea as we've never had the need.

So, @island lady what's going on onboard tonight?

Meh...was a repeat of a show we saw 2 weeks ago (Marquee).  Bucky went up to the concierge lounge for a night cap and hang out with some fellow pax...I opted to relax and read in bed.  Yeah, big party girl.  😄 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Umm, yes they will. We filled out request forms thru special needs

Thanks!  Read that from another poster earlier.  Is very nice the ship is doing that!  Though, I doubt it is a common thing for shorter cruises.  This is so different in so many ways.  

Pretty...and very bright sunset last night off the balcony.  We are getting into longer and longer days now with sunset around 8:30 pm.  Sunrise around 5:30 am.  

Was beautiful weather yesterday with mostly calm seas and plenty of sunshine.  Getting rougher now, lots of whitecaps...and was rather chilly on my morning walk this morning being 67 degrees.  

20240107_181048.jpg

20240107_181218.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

They seem to be pretty adept at doing their job after a party night.  I suppose much like any other person that has to go to work in the morning after having really good time.  😉 

But indeed an interesting question...though I would think they have a tough enough time being away from family for months at a time, working long hours, sleeping in cramped quarters, etc..etc. to be denied their fun on a "what if".    Worst thing (IMHO) is dealing with some pax that think they own them.  😬

I was just thinking of something like the Costa Concordia. When they are off duty are they completely on their own time or would they have responsibilities in such a situation. I totally get that they deserve their down time. I was just wondering.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was just thinking of something like the Costa Concordia. When they are off duty are they completely on their own time or would they have responsibilities in such a situation. I totally get that they deserve their down time. I was just wondering.

I wonder if @chengkp75 could possibly be so kind as to explain what happens to crew that are too intoxicated to perform their assigned emergency duties in the event of a real emergency.  I imagine they must report in to someone above them who makes that assessment upon arrival? 

8 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Oh my I hope they put plastic down 

We've attended several on Vision class and no, they don't put plastic down.  The eggs are usually encased in something.  We also have enjoyed the paper airplane contest a few times.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I watched a recent crew video.  Although they can drink in their off time it can’t interfere with their ability to perform in an emergency situation.  So I assume getting really intoxicated would be a no no. If they were falling down drunk, slurring words it could be a reason for firing.  

• Thanks 1