Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Are you on the ship? I just wondered as you seem to know about the routing, weather impact, impending show cancellations, and even imminent upcoming cabin confinements.

All you have to do is look at the weather forecasts for that part of the world. Not hard figuring it out if you have been on other sailings when the seas were rough. All the . Captain's/ships pretty much do the same thing.

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Before to develop too much of an optimistic outlook toward your situation, I'm sure someone will drop by soon to inform you of the future gloom awaiting this trip.

LOL...bring it.  😁

I was just standing at my balcony door staring out at the huge swells and flying sea mist...thinking I would like a t-shirt that says "I survived the Drake Passage"  🤣😵

This picture does not do it justice...and I can't get my video I took of it to post.  

20240111_112221(0).jpg

• Like 20

Just now, island lady said:

LOL...bring it.  😁

I was just standing at my balcony door staring out at the huge swells and flying sea mist...thinking I would like a t-shirt that says "I survived the Drake Passage"  🤣😵

This picture does not do it justice...and I can't get my video I took of it to post.  

20240111_112221(0).jpg

Exactly!  Pictures don’t do it justice!  We had lunch in the MDR on Deck 4 and had another show through the windows!  Fun hearing everyone going Oooh and Ahhh!  

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

It is summertime now in that part of the World so best possible weather you can get...

Agree!  This is a great time of year to see penguins, whales, and wildlife, which is why we are on the ship!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Exactly!  Pictures don’t do it justice!  We had lunch in the MDR on Deck 4 and had another show through the windows!  Fun hearing everyone going Oooh and Ahhh!  

We had an "aquarium view" in the MDR at lunch on Anthem (deck 4).  Waves were hitting / covering the windows.  And we were seated next to a window.  😱

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

20240111_112221(0).jpg

Bummer that the video won't post but the picture does capture the essence of what your experiencing, even if it can't do it justice. 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

and I can't get my video I took of it to post.

May be due to the size of the video. Try saving a copy of it at a lower resolution and see if that works.

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...bring it.  😁

20240111_112221(0).jpg

Too bad the video won’t upload... maybe take a shorter one…we all want to see the action. 🌊

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Totally agree. Getting to sail in a part of the world few cruise ships & passengers get to venture is exciting.  The weather,  waves & rock-n-rolling ship is all part of the once-in-a-life time experience. 

If it could be captured on video, that would be great.

They are posting great videos on another social media site.  😄 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ace2542 said:

My I Phone newsfeed said he was a tik tok guy I am sure he is as well

You missed the point. He is a true world cruiser, not just some guy reporting on the UWC.  He planned this deviation.  Anyone is allowed to do that.  Many are leaving the ship overnight, or for two nights, and then rejoining.  It is truly not a big deal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

Guess I should go down there as well.  Being up on 10 makes the waves look less impressive. 🤔 

Bucky napping...the rocking puts him out.  

Did you feel those violent shudders just a bit ago?   Not so bad now.  And I swear things are leveling out a bit, though maybe wishful thinking.  From the track...almost looks like captain is steering a bit to port now.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

We had an "aquarium view" in the MDR at lunch on Anthem (deck 4).  Waves were hitting / covering the windows.  And we were seated next to a window.  😱

I can believe that!!   😲

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, orville99 said:

May be due to the size of the video. Try saving a copy of it at a lower resolution and see if that works.

Been trying less time on the video.  I know I am doing something wrong...but will keep messing with it. 

OK...see if this one works.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Patricia, it worked!  As much as I'd love to be on the ship with you all, it's a good thing I'm not.  I doubt even the patches worn on one's ears would help me thru the Drake Shake.  Stay safe!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, delmom18 said:

Patricia, it worked!  As much as I'd love to be on the ship with you all, it's a good thing I'm not.  I doubt even the patches worn on one's ears would help me thru the Drake Shake.  Stay safe!

Thanks...will try it from another angle again somewhere.  

I can't wear the patches.  The med makes me dizzy and sick.  Have some for Bucky, but he has not taken it yet.  He requested the liquid, which works immediately when needed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Sure it's wild here...but then again I could be sitting at home

I'll trade places with you. Just came in from clearing more snow. Good news is the sun just came out and the high for today is going to be a balmy 32 degrees. Time to break out the shorts and grab a beer. I will be grilling steaks tonight.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Are you on the ship? I just wondered as you seem to know about the routing, weather impact, impending show cancellations, and even imminent upcoming cabin confinements.

Kind of like those posting on Tik-Tok about what's happening on the ship when they're not even on the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Kind of like those posting on Tik-Tok about what's happening on the ship when they're not even on the ship. 

Well, even libraries devoted a whole section to fiction.

• Haha 8

16 minutes ago, doghog said:

I'll trade places with you. Just came in from clearing more snow. Good news is the sun just came out and the high for today is going to be a balmy 32 degrees. Time to break out the shorts and grab a beer. I will be grilling steaks tonight.  

Much better than Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches...though last night both Bucky and I had our Peanut Butter and Jelly in a whole different way.  😄 🥃

One of our favorite bartenders in the Schooner Bar makes a good one!  Then we wandered into the Safari club to enjoy the screen trivia. He put pictures on a large screen for the subjects.  It was fun, and well attended.  

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Much better than Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches...though last nigh both Bucky and I had our Peanut Butter and Jelly in a whole different way.  😄 🥃

I'll keep my thoughts to myself on that comment.😇 

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Much better than Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches...though last night both Bucky and I had our Peanut Butter and Jelly in a whole different way.  😄 🥃

One of our favorite bartenders in the Schooner Bar makes a good one! 

Have you asked for a "Fluffernutter" (Toasted Marshmallow Old Fashion with Skrewball) yet?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, even libraries devoted a whole section to fiction.

Well, fiction is often times more exciting than real life. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

though last night both Bucky and I had our Peanut Butter and Jelly in a whole different way.  😄 🥃

One of our favorite bartenders in the Schooner Bar makes a good one! 

Thank you for editing & clarifying. I thought there might have been some over-sharing going on. 🤣😇

• Haha 5