How to use cruise critic

Oldnatsfan

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  I'm not sure what information you are looking for.  If you click on a thread you have interest in, you'll find a REPLY TO THIS TOPIC box at the top of the page that allows you to post a response.  You'll write your response and then SUBMIT REPLY. 

In the upper right corner of any page, you'll find your screen name where you can click and bring up the threads you have responded to or started by clicking MANAGE FOLLOWED CONTENT.  

You posted this question in the Celebrity Forum.  If you wish to post elsewhere, go to our main page that lists all the boards here:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/

I hope this helps.

The desire to whine and b***h about virtually everything is almost a requirement. 😂

When I first started on here, I came so close to canceling my second ever cruise.  Thankfully I didn’t and take what I need from here to help plan my vacations. 

• Like 3

There is a quote button at the bottom of each post.   If you click on that it will open a new post and populate it with the quoted  post.   If you wish to only quote a part of a post just highlight the desired text and a Quote Selection button will appear after the selection.

To like a post just press the heart on the lower right of the post.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

The desire to whine and b***h about virtually everything is almost a requirement.

Wow!

54 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

take what I need from here to help plan my vacations. 

Yes, I can't imagine planning a cruise without searching here on CC.  Such an absolute wealth of planning information.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tyler414 said:

The desire to whine and b***h about virtually everything is almost a requirement. 😂

I believe the anonymity of social media and the internet amplifies who people are deep down. It brings the best out of some people, and the worst out of others.

I find CC an invaluable source of information. It has helped me plan my travels, and I try to give back to the community when I can.

If there are more questions that were not covered in the answer provided by @wrk2cruise here, feel free to ask and the community will come to your assistance.

Edited by tjunmin
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Wow!

Yes, I can't imagine planning a cruise without searching here on CC.  Such an absolute wealth of planning information.

I love your reviews, you definitely help my planning!  Thanks!!

I guess I lose my sunshine and rainbows glasses when on CC. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tyler414 said:

I love your reviews, you definitely help my planning!  Thanks!!

I guess I lose my sunshine and rainbows glasses when on CC. 

Thank you!  Glad to help and love paying it forward!  😊. I’m following a review right now on the Alaska board.. I call it a review but it’s really months out from actually starting but the OP has posted everything they’ve done from start to finish to plan for their trip. They’ve even line itemized their budget. I’ve learned so much…a key take away is that Alaska excursions can get very expensive and sell out quickly. I’m so grateful to that Op. 

To your point about whining and complaining, I think you spoke truth. And it can get tiring but even the whining and complaining can garner good cruising intel. 
Happy cruising in 2024!!

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tjunmin said:

I believe the anonymity of social media and the internet amplifies who people are deep down. It brings the best out of some people, and the worst out of others.

100% agree.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Oldnatsfan said:

I am new to the Cruise Critic community. Where can I find information so that I can reply to some of the postings and some of the replies to my questions?

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I joined back in 2003 before our first cruise.  I have learned an incredible amount of info that has definitely improved my cruise experiences. 

I've also "met" amazing people here, who share their time, knowledge, humor and joy with us. And over the years , I've missed some regulars who left CC , and even shed a few tears for people we lost who I never met in real life. 

Have fun and keep asking questions. Everything you ask helps others, too.  

And even the complainers can be fun sometimes😀

• Like 1

Keep in mind that the advice given on how to access features of Cruise Critic may differ depending on the device you are using.  I have a small iPhone which limits what I can do on it.  Using my iPad and iPad mini are better, but some things just have to be done on my surface pro.  EM

14 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

When I first started on here, I came so close to canceling my second ever cruise.  Thankfully I didn’t and take what I need from here to help plan my vacations. 

So True.  This statement is spot on.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I feel like this use to be the case but now you have to wade through so much "noise" its hard to find valuable information.  Back in 2001 when I joined, it was a true community sharing information.  But as social media "evolved" in to what it is today; determining what real information is provided vs scorned passengers coming to vent / exact their revenge.  And then the trolls, who have a low post count, drop some post and then disappear.  The real difference from then & now: Before - people added their tips that enhanced THEIR trip.  Now - people just want to know what Celebrity is going to do to make their trip great. Or how can they get something they believe they are owed from Celebrity.  And then they return to complain when Celebrity doesn't do that.

I do think the Port Pages, the Roll Calls and Speciality Pages really offer a ton of helpful information.  But this Celebrity page could use a reboot.  Or maybe all the people who have sworn off Celebrity can simply move to the pages of their new preferred cruise lines vs continuing to return here like a jilted partner continuing to stalk their ex 😂😂

• Like 3