Extension Cord

janetz

18 minutes ago, janetz said:

My husband needs to use a CPAP onboard

Does anyone know how long the extension cord should be that we need to bring? 
Thanks ahead 😊

It is generally not a good idea to bring your own but if you feel that you must, it should be a new one, without any wear.  And even so, it might be confiscated by the port authority.  But you can avoid all of that by contacting the Special-needs department.  They will arrange for a extension cord and also for distilled water at no charge

Celebrity use to confiscate and hold extension cords.  

I always just ask for one pre-cruise and it is in my room either when we arrive or delivered shortly after checking in.     The cords that are delivered are probably 12-15 feet in length and the cabin attendant will put duct tape over it to prevent trip hazard.  

The need will vary according to which ship you are on and if the ship has been revolutionized.    On Edge Class ships there are 110 V electrical outlets next to the bed.     I've been on some S-Class revolutionized ships and they had a plug on the wall next to the bed also.  

You can either just ask your room attendant for one when you first meet him or fill out a Special Needs Form in advance.   They also supply distilled water.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, janetz said:

Thank you

Special needs told us we need to bring one 

I was just wondering about length 

I would check back with them,  It appears you reached an agent that is uniformed.   Please reference the link below on Celebrity Website.

My bags were once sent to the naughty room and they held the extension cord for the cruise.   Quite a hassle.

I had an extension cord delivered as recently as last month on Edge and always have one delivered.   If you do bring one a 10-12 foot one would suffice even in a RS or PS.  

Reference - Celebrity Website  -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/prepare#what-not-to-pack

What Not to Pack (Prohibited Items)

Weapons, illegal drugs & Substances (including marijuana, cannabis, extracts of THC and/or CBD), and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The United States Transportation Security Administration also recommends that you do not pack fragile or expensive items (such as jewelry) in checked luggage.

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.

Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.*

Illegal Drugs & Substances

Aerial Drones**

Candles & Incense

Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Steamers & Hot Plates***

Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows

Skateboards & Surfboards

Martial Arts Gear

Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.

Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.

HAM Radios

Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.

Electrical Extension Cords

Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.

Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages****

Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

52 minutes ago, janetz said:

Thank you

Special needs told us we need to bring one 

I was just wondering about length 

Reply from Special Needs to me a few weeks ago:

Regarding your CPAP inquiry, please be advised that we will provide you with the distilled water and an extension cord, at no extra cost. These items will be placed in your stateroom during the first day of sailing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, janetz said:

Perfect

thanks all 

Yes definitely request an extension cord from Special Needs. However, we also bring our own as backup as we have had a couple of times where they have claimed they are out of extension cords even when we requested in advance. I carry the cord in the bag with my CPAP and have not had any issues.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve brought my cord in the bag with my cpap on the past 15 cruises with Celebrity. On the Summit this past May it was confiscated by a gleeful person monitoring the X-ray machine with what looked like a trainee next to her. First and only time.

2 hours ago, Midlo said:

I’ve brought my cord in the bag with my cpap on the past 15 cruises with Celebrity. On the Summit this past May it was confiscated by a gleeful person monitoring the X-ray machine with what looked like a trainee next to her. First and only time.

Did they return it at the end of the cruise?

On 12/31/2023 at 4:58 PM, janetz said:

My husband needs to use a CPAP onboard

Does anyone know how long the extension cord should be that we need to bring? 
Thanks ahead 😊

Another option is to purchase a longer power cord (15 feet is nice) that fits your CPAP power supply connector. They sell them on Amazon - Cable Matters 2 Pack 2 Prong TV Power Cord 15 ft - is one choice. Look at the female connector side to make sure it is compatible. Usually the ones for Sony PS are fine. Then just carry it in your CPAP travel bag.

11 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Yes they did. It was an extension cord that I keep in the pouch with the cord for the machine. I’ve never used it on a cruise because they always supply one and tape it down for me. They confiscated two plug adapters too that are supposedly allowed according to some sites. They returned those as well after we got off the ship.

13 minutes ago, janetz said:

Just returned 

Celebrity supplied all

My wife has been using a CPAP during our last 12 Celebrity cruise including on Xpedition to the Galapagos. We’ve always received our Celebrity supplied extension cord and distilled water without fail. 

On 1/12/2024 at 9:51 PM, KLM3164 said:

1ebbebf0f43be603315b9d3dc3329832.jpg

We had an extension cord confiscated at Sydney when we boarded Solstice for our Great Barrier Reef sailing in Jan 2018.

We were given this paper receipt in the process and got our cord back At the end of the cruise at the cruise terminal. 

c02a8d08d364d1d9f4146bc18fb2338b.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2024 at 5:12 AM, nijh said:

Reply from Special Needs to me a few weeks ago:

Regarding your CPAP inquiry, please be advised that we will provide you with the distilled water and an extension cord, at no extra cost. These items will be placed in your stateroom during the first day of sailing.

Quoting myself cos they didn’t do either 😆

Quickly sorted on board though.

On 1/2/2024 at 4:56 PM, DUTRAVEL said:

I carry the cord in the bag with my CPAP and have not had any issues.

This is what I do as well...have never had any issues in doing this on other cruise lines.  (I *rarely* have to use it as the other cruise lines have always had a plug "hidden" behind the bed.)  I realize that "getting away with it" on *other* cruise lines is like comparing apples to oranges...but I *have* sailed once before on Celebrity with no issues.  Just booked an upcoming cruise with "X"...hopefully my luck will continue!  Can anybody confirm that there are "hidden" plugs behind the bed in an Aqua cabin on Millennium?  Are they "European-style" 220 volt?