Celebrity Solstice Tuscan and Murano

Found that Specialty dining in Tuscan and Murano have almost doubled their prices since I last cruised with Celebrity! Wonder if fellow Celebrity cruisers still find them worth the extra money paid........??

18 minutes ago, Free and Easy said:

Found that Specialty dining in Tuscan and Murano have almost doubled their prices since I last cruised with Celebrity! Wonder if fellow Celebrity cruisers still find them worth the extra money paid........??

No ! 
at almost $100 CAD including tips , it is not worth it 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Dumb question time, two of them actually. I'm not cruising until December 2024, but I want to book the Murano for my birthday (which occurs during the trip). If I place a reservation now...

1) If I cancel the reservation, I get the charges refunded, correct?

2) If the price increases between now and then, do I have to pay more?

13 minutes ago, WingerSupreme said:

Dumb question time, two of them actually. I'm not cruising until December 2024, but I want to book the Murano for my birthday (which occurs during the trip). If I place a reservation now...

1) correct, your charges are refunded back to the original form of the payment (OBC or credit card).

2) once purchased, your specialty dining reservation is immune to price increases.  If the price falls because of a sale, you can cancel and rebook.  The only risk of cancel/rebook is not being able to rebook for your specific date/time which I have not run into, but you should be aware can technically happen.

3) you may know this already, but I will throw this in: if you try to save money by booking a dining package for multiple dinners, you won't be able to pick your specific date/time until you get on board.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was able to negotiate a $25 meal in Tuscan on a slow night.  Great atmosphere but so so food.

Murano is definitely worth paying close to "list" price for the food and service.  Nice place to celebrate a special occasion.

• Like 3

On 1/4/2024 at 12:05 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Currently the price of Murano is $60 and Tuscan is $55   both add 20% Gratuity to the bill. 

Not $125 pp in Murano?  I just assumed it was per person. If $65 pp, then that seems very reasonable price. 

22 hours ago, WingerSupreme said:

I think if you read the T&C you will be refunded 100% to original form of payment but does have some wording that - "Cancelled packages are subject to full cover charges and there are no refunds for unused amounts."     My experience is that if you were to cancel less than 1 day prior they could refuse a refund, but I've never seen it enforced.

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2024 at 11:11 AM, lienf said:

What are the prices?

Silhouette

Murano $60, Tuscan $55, Le Petit Checf $60, Lawn Club Grill $50, Chef's Table by Daniel Boulud $169 (per guest + Gratuities 20%)

Edited by gerelmx
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think if you read the T&C you will be refunded 100% to original form of payment but does have some wording that - "Cancelled packages are subject to full cover charges and there are no refunds for unused amounts."     My experience is that if you were to cancel less than 1 day prior they could refuse a refund, but I've never seen it enforced.

Thank you, that wording is very odd, but I think it is meant more for the multi-night dining packages, and someone just copied and pasted it.

4 minutes ago, WingerSupreme said:

Thank you, that wording is very odd, but I think it is meant more for the multi-night dining packages, and someone just copied and pasted it.

On the App in Know before you go -   "A cancellation fee policy applies to our specialty restaurants. "   I'm sure if you were to cancel you would do so more than 24 hours prior to dining. 

I think they have now also changed the cancellation policy for excursions to 2 days from excursions from 1 day.

• Thanks 1

Just off Solstice, Visited Murano twice and both times food & service very good. Tuscan Grille went once and cancelled second visit as neither food nor service impressed.

Edited by Bullswood

1 hour ago, Bullswood said:

Just off Solstice, Visited Murano twice and both times food & service very good. Tuscan Grille went once and cancelled second visit as neither food nor service impressed.

We have been trying Tuscan since 2012 and have had a few exceptional meals there, but the bulk of our meals have totally disappointing. We have had several bookings for a cruise and cancelled them as you have done.

1 hour ago, Bullswood said:

Also tried Petit Chef and entertaining, though once is probably enough!

We never get tired of Le Petit Chef , did it twice on last celebrity cruise might do it 3 times on next , food was way better than Tuscan ( we were on Summit in royal suite so they were free, but will always do it at least once on all celebrity cruises, this is only specialty restaurant on all 3 classes)

1 hour ago, Moby Jones said:

I like Murano a lot. But I wouldn't pay 55 cents to visit Tuscan. We've visited five times now and always left completely underwhelmed. It's time Celebrity replaced it IMHO. 

Why would you return after the first time feeling underwhelmed? 
The last we were in a speciality restaurant was an underwhelming dinner in Tuscan ,  

they not worth the money 

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

The last we were in a speciality restaurant was an underwhelming dinner in Tuscan ,  

they not worth the money 

Different ships, you'd hope that different teams would get it right. And friends wanted to try it etc. 

Twice though we were not actually charged after giving feedback to the maitre 'd. And we certainly didn't ask for a freebie...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

they not worth the money 

I would have asked for my money back if it wasn’t free , the chicken parmigiana was not eatable. The view on solstice for Tuscan is really nice .

On 1/4/2024 at 2:56 AM, Free and Easy said:

Basically everything on X has doubled. The biggest sticker shock for me was seeing the price of X excursions compared to the exact same one on other brands. I guess good for them if they can get it.