Neptune Suite Guest Access to Thermal Area ?

bzv143

Last time we traveled on a HAL ship in a Neptune Suite, we had free access to the Thermal area. Is that no longer? We are traveling on Nieuw Statendaam in February, and I need to know if I should pre=book if no longer complimentary access.  (For us, the Thallasotherapy pool is a gamechanger.)Thanx!

I’ve been in a Neptune Suite in the past a number of times and never had access to the thermal area unless I paid for it.

To the best of my knowledge it is not included nor is it listed in the perks.

• Like 5

Don't ever remember having access to thermal area in Neptune Suite (unlike other lines Suite amenities). You do get 1 day access (on sea day) depending on Mariner status. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kazu said:

I’ve been in a Neptune Suite in the past a number of times and never had access to the thermal area unless I paid for it.

To the best of my knowledge it is not included nor is it listed in the perks.

Same here. Except on the small ships that don't have the spa pool, I always get a pass to the thermal suite. Nobody ever said, "Oh, you're in a Neptune Suite, that's included." 

@bzv143, I don't think you can buy the pass for the whole cruise in advance. I usually go to the spa asap on embarkation day to get my pass. They say it's limited. I haven't heard of someone being turned away, but I don't take the chance.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Like 1

Been in Neptune and Pinnacle Suites since the 1990s...have never had access to the Thalassotherapy pool. Just earned it as a 5 star recently...for a one day pass.

I think the saunas and some of the other facilities are available to everyone.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I don't think you can buy the pass for the whole cruise in advance

A whole cruise pass does show up online for purchase for our next cruise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Is that new? Or perhaps I'm confusing HAL and Cunard's websites. (Neither one is stellar)

I'm not sure. This is the first cruise I've looked into getting one due to the many sea days.

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Is that new? Or perhaps I'm confusing HAL and Cunard's websites. (Neither one is stellar)

No, not new at all.  The Thermal Suite has always been available on the website under "Packages".

• Like 2

That's never been a thing on HAL.  Spa is completely independent of what category of stateroom you book.  I really think the thermal suites, especially on Vista and above, are a great value - especially on a longer voyage with a lot of sea days.  Just sayin'. 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 9:28 AM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

No that's not new - look under packages in your booking - and enjoy!!

Been in Neptunes since they started the Thermal Spa and never had a free pass.  Once you get to 5 Star you do get one free day there though.  We usually go on a port day as often we are the only ones in there.

On the Pinnacle class ships, there are two staterooms all the way forward on Panorama Deck (see HAL”s Rotterdam deck plan, SQ10005 and SQ10006) labeled SQ Category “Neptune Spa Suites.” They are very close to the Greenhouse Spa and include “modern spa amenities.”

(Not speaking from experience about what that category includes, and actual amenity info seems hard to find.)

Edit: I did a dummy booking on Rotterdam, and the only differences in the “includes “ list are: “Steps from the Greenhouse Spa” and “Yoga Mat.”

Edited by Caribbean Chris