Who cut the cheese………….……………. from the buffet

Jason26

Currently on the Silhouette, 10 night Southern Caribbean. Well into day 3 and I’ve noticed there is no shredded cheese on the salad buffet.  Is anyone aware of a cheese shortage?  Are cows on strike?

Jason

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jason26 said:

Currently on the Silhouette, 10 night Southern Caribbean. Well into day 3 and I’ve noticed there is no shredded cheese on the salad buffet.  Is anyone aware of a cheese shortage?  Are cows on strike?

Jason

Had to open the thread to make sure it wasn't going in the direction my mind was wandering to. 🤢

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jason26 said:

Jason

First a post ---No round tomatoes on the salad buffet !!

Now a post ---No shredded cheese on the salad buffet !!

LOL-- Why didn't you ask for some on day 1 ??

Holy S--- What's next ?? 

22 more complaints like this and I'm "jumping ship"--- ( No, not off the ship ) !!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Have you asked the F&B staff?

Apparently it is easier to complain on CC than ask someone on board who might know where the cheese is

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I did notice on Beyond last year very little shredded cheese on the buffet.  I assumed it was just another cutback.  I love cheese on my salad but I figured they were saving me calories. So I got 2 desserts instead of 1.

Edited by lv2cruisgrl
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Jason26 said:

Jason

Grab one of those bosses walking around with the button down shirts, and they will get you some, unless they have zero onboard.  Ask the crew member who is working that station...Don't be shy...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, imlulu said:

We were just on the reflection. There was cheese everywhere..cubed, shredded, sliced, etc ..🙃

Same on Beyond.  Plenty of cheese.  All sizes and varieties.

On one cruise, I saw no blue cheese.  I actually asked for some  from a staff member rather than writing to Cruise Critic.  And guess what?  Blue cheese was brought out.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, keesar said:

Same on Beyond.  Plenty of cheese.  All sizes and varieties.

On one cruise, I saw no blue cheese.  I actually asked for some  from a staff member rather than writing to Cruise Critic.  And guess what?  Blue cheese was brought out.  

So, ask and you shall receive...usually works every single time; only once was I told...”sorry, no whipped cream!”  🙃

15 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Check the Mexican section and/or the Caesar salad section

The caesar salad section uses dry cheese the type you get in a canister. Same with their croutons... tasteless.  

Okay……… Thinking how to respond here.  90% of my comments were in jest with a very small amount being serious, “cutting the cheese”.  That said, there is no cubed cheese, only liquid cheese in the Mexican section, grated Parmesan, cheese for the pizzas and feta.  Nothing else is available.  Just making a funny comment and an observation. Take it for what it’s worth.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jason26 said:

Okay……… Thinking how to respond here.  90% of my comments were in jest with a very small amount being serious, “cutting the cheese”.  That said, there is no cubed cheese, only liquid cheese in the Mexican section, grated Parmesan, cheese for the pizzas and feta.  Nothing else is available.  Just making a funny comment and an observation. Take it for what it’s worth.

What did the Celebrity staff at the Oceanview Cafe tell you when you asked for shredded cheese?

On 1/19/2024 at 5:32 AM, alexandria said:

What did the Celebrity staff at the Oceanview Cafe tell you when you asked for shredded cheese?

“Sorry, we do not have shredded cheese”

2 minutes ago, alexandria said:

😯  Nothing like great customer service...

I suppose they don't have a cheese grater either.

I have a small cheese grater for parmesan cheese has a little wheel inside with a crank that you turn. Hate powdered cheese.  Never seen a grater onboard. 

5 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I have a small cheese grater for parmesan cheese has a little wheel inside with a crank that you turn. Hate powdered cheese.  Never seen a grater onboard. 

I like those as well.

But I was referring to one in the galley so Celebrity could shred some cheddar off the blocks they already have.  It seems like asking for some shredded cheese on a salad is a very reasonable request by a passenger. That's been a staple on every salad bar I can recall seeing.