Can I bring a small sewing machine?

53 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Next up.

Can I bring my drum set and electric guitar onboard?

There are drum sets that have pads so they are quiet and I have seen people practice guitar with a headset so pretty quiet. 

3 hours ago, Beth and Bailey said:

Have to check on this.  The machine I'm thinking of is a vintage 1937 Singer featherweight

I would doubt very much that a vintage machine as you describe would be dual voltage.   I'm not even sure dual voltage was available before the 80's or 90's   

Personally I would think it a bad idea to assume you can use such a machine in public spaces.   I know they have 220 outlets on the baseboard for housekeeping -   they do not have electrical outlets readily available even in Retreat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

Why not?

I brought a collapsible portable washing machine on our last cruise( we drove to the port)

But you you used it in your room not making the assumption you would bring it to an open space on the ship to use. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

But you you used it in your room not making the assumption you would bring it to an open space on the ship to use. 

I missed that part. 

• Haha 1

Just now, calicakes said:

I missed that part. 

LOL --- I sure couldn't imagine you bringing it to Al Bacio and doing your laundry while having coffee.   LOL.    I actually like the idea but luckily we get unlimited free laundry.   Anything delicate I send out for dry cleaning.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Next up.

Can I bring my drum set and electric guitar onboard?

My hobby is metal work and includes arc welding.  I'm happy to hear there's a 220V outlet in each room.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

My concern is the physical setup.  On the many lines I have cruised I can think of few lounges that have seating with a table the right height for a sewing machine.  Much less close to an appropriate outlet.  Most lounges the tables are too low.  EM

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

My hobby is metal work and includes arc welding.  I'm happy to hear there's a 220V outlet in each room.

There are two. However don’t get too happy as they are Europlug outlets. Not compatible with North American 220 volt plugs. 😜

20 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

@Beth and Bailey you are such a good sport.  I'm sure you anticipated some of the reactions to this question but you have taken it all in stride!  ☺️

Ah, I usually do try to put on my best behavior.  I try to remember that somewhere in the future I  might come across one of these folks whose mothers never hugged them.. lying on the ground, clutching their chests in anguish...... in the midst of a heart attack and continue to walk by with my CPR card safe in my 'sewing bag'.   lol

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, calicakes said:

Why not?

I brought a collapsible portable washing machine on our last cruise( we drove to the port)

I googled it. I must be living a sheltered life. 🤣 Glad we have the CC Wash n Fold laundry perks. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beth and Bailey said:

right?  Opinions are one thing, facts another.....

It’s a TA - right? We’ve done several TAs on M and S class ships and they always have set aside the conference room space for crafts. I suspect the Activities staff would give you access to those rooms. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrgabriel said:

It’s a TA - right? We’ve done several TAs on M and S class ships and they always have set aside the conference room space for crafts. I suspect the Activities staff would give you access to those rooms. 

I'll have to ask this.  Thanks much.