Did I get played for a fool??

reeinaz

So on the last night of the cruise, I used my vifp drink perk to get a ginger ale. The guy gave me a can and I went on my way to pop it into my refrigerator for later.

It wasn't until then that I noticed the can was only 7.5oz! Are all the sodas minis? I would've gotten an orange crush if those are regular 12oz. Next time should I ask for my ginger ale in a cup?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I pre ordered a 6 pack of club soda for the room on our Celebration cruise.  It cost around $11.00 and I was shocked and disappointed that the cans were only 7.5 oz.  I thought it was overpriced for 12 ounce cans but ridiculous for 7.5 oz.  Live and learn. I'm getting tired of being ripped off by Carnival. There are many other cruise lines in the sea.

• Like 4

The other sodas are regular size cans but the ginger ale is in the smaller size can.  This has been the case for a little while now, sailed 3 times in the last year and it was like that all 3 times.  

2 hours ago, Indiansbaseball said:

I think ginger ale is the only soda in a smaller can. I think they charge full price for it too ! I learned not to order ginger ale any longer. 

Now I know to look at it. When I realized it was a small can, I felt so dumb because I should’ve noticed how it fit in my hand. But I didn’t even think sodas came in that size. Now I know! 

36 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

next thing you know, they will be charging $10 for a shot of Pepsi 🙂  J/K

Problem though is, we all keep cruising, so just bring your favorite soft drinks on, and

use the good old rum runners, just kidding, wink wink

• Haha 1

I believe ginger ale and tonic water come in the smaller cans because that is what they stock in the bars to use as mixers. Yes, cola is also used as a mixer but I would judge it to be a more popular mixer and less likely to go flat while waiting for someone to order it again. Just for grins I looked at the Fun Shop order page for sodas. The pictures for tonic, ginger ale and club soda all clearly have the size of the can in the picture of the product, 7.5 oz. It would of course be nicer if CCL listed the size in the description, but the info is nonetheless available. (Of course that doesn't help anyone ordering in a bar, but after the first time one would know and a free drink is free whether it is a bottle of water or a Bahama Mama.)

Edited by sparks1093
  • Like 2

I like the minis because my DDs don't drink a whole soda (argh, the WASTE!!😉) and it's less weight for my DDs to carry on board at embarkation. Carnival only using Pepsi products (no Coke Zero😾) maybe affects what Carnival can get for ginger ale.🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Pyrate13 said:

How can anyone be 'had' on something that is free? I don't recall anywhere on my drink coupon that stated the size of the drink.

My local pub serves Blood Marys in a pint glass. When I get one as my free brunch drink on Carnival, it comes in a smaller glass.  But I don't feel I have been ripped off. 

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I believe ginger ale and tonic water come in the smaller cans because that is what they stock in the bars to use as mixers. Yes, cola is also used as a mixer but I would judge it to be a more popular mixer and less likely to go flat while waiting for someone to order it again. Just for grins I looked at the Fun Shop order page for sodas. The pictures for tonic, ginger ale and club soda all clearly have the size of the can in the picture of the product, 7.5 oz. It would of course be nicer if CCL listed the size in the description, but the info is nonetheless available. 

I always get the soda package and noticed right away that I was paying the same price as the 12 oz cans.  Of course, I looked at it as a positive, since it was easier to get my money's worth, and justify the package.....and I was probably drinking less soda.

I like soda but know it probably isn't the healthiest....

It actually bothered me that most of the bars I went to said they didn't keep Bubly oh hand, since I would've chosen it (flavored sparkling water) 75% of the time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BohJang said:

I pre ordered a 6 pack of club soda for the room on our Celebration cruise.  It cost around $11.00 and I was shocked and disappointed that the cans were only 7.5 oz.  I thought it was overpriced for 12 ounce cans but ridiculous for 7.5 oz.  Live and learn. I'm getting tired of being ripped off by Carnival. There are many other cruise lines in the sea.

I get it, but they allow you to bring a 12 pack of soda on board, so you absolutely are not forced to pay Carnival's price for this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

I get it, but they allow you to bring a 12 pack of soda on board, so you absolutely are not forced to pay Carnival's price for this.

I know that and when we drive to Galveston I always bring a 12 pack.  However, this trip we had to fly to Miami and I had enough trouble dealing with 2 suitcases, 2 carryons, and my husband in a wheelchair.  I wasn't going to carry a 12 pack on the plane and and didn't want to worry about stopping at a grocery store for soda. That's why I prebooked a 6 pack in the room.  Like I said, live and learn.  I won't do that again.

3 hours ago, Pyrate13 said:

How can anyone be 'had' on something that is free? I don't recall anywhere on my drink coupon that stated the size of the drink.

to me the fact that OP got the drink gratis is sort of irrelevant

5 hours ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

YOU.......have been HAD! 

I sure felt like it! I was hoping for a nice cold can of ginger ale before bed. The 7.5oz was such a letdown. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I like the minis because my DDs don't drink a whole soda (argh, the WASTE!!😉) and it's less weight for my DDs to carry on board at embarkation. Carnival only using Pepsi products (no Coke Zero😾) maybe affects what Carnival can get for ginger ale.🤷‍♀️

Schweppes is Pepsi’s ginger ale brand. You can get it here in the 12 oz cans. Not sure why they choose the small cans. I will carry it on with me, I like ginger ale. 

• Like 1