The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 11th, 2024

kazu

Feb 11

Baked buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers

This is an appetizer recipe. Too much work for me! But good for today’s Super Bowl. Actually, a few of the past week’s recipes could work well for the Super Bowl, like the Hungarian goulash served with crusty bread, the sweet potato stew also with crusty bread.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a30535001/buffalo-chicken-jalapeno-poppers-recipe/

image.png.eaae9de80992b0a5ebc28e0df315e430.png

This one from skinny taste looks good

https://www.skinnytaste.com/baked-buffalo-chicken-jalapeno-poppers/

image.thumb.png.2bc9b1f12030a7ff6840a7c93c63d2eb.png 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 17

Happy Sunday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Yes, I will be watching the Superbowl. I will also be watching the Puppybowl prior to that so that Fancy can watch as well. 

Cloudy and chilly here today. Expecting some snow on Tuesday. Winter is not quite done yet. 

Bon voyage to @quilty964

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Image result for Superbowl cat memes

• Like 29
  • Haha 2

Good cloudy morning. Snow is coming late tomorrow night thru Tuesday, 1-3 inches.

The church service today is the start of the 275th anniversary celebration. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 23

Good morning. It is 43 going up to 50 today and cloudy. The weather people are excited about an approaching storm for tomorrow night. It will be the infamous mixed precipitation which to me is worse than straight snow because of the ice.

Bon Voyage to  @quilty964!

We have a family member who is autistic and  it has been a struggle for him to manage school and life away from his parents. At least in our state there are a fair amount of services available to assist. 
I am not sure what to make for dinner tonight but I am  thinking of making it a buffet so those who want to watch football will be happy. I watch the Puppy Bowl and sort of ignore the rest. I did enjoy the year The Rolling Stones played at halftime though!

Have a good and enjoyable day today

• Like 28

The Super Bowl will be on here and I will watch for the commercials. Because of where Windsor is we get all the over the air channels from Detroit and can watch on the local CBS affiliate. We have never had cable, only over the air. My understanding is that if you watch on a Canadian cable channel you see different commercials. Canadian dailyites please correct me if I am wrong. Of course, with streaming services that may no longer matter. Sadly, the Detroit lions didn’t make the Final Cut but it should be a good game. Food does not figure into our football watching! 

• Like 23

Forgot my Taormina story which I have told before so if you have heard it please pretend you have not heard it!

Several years ago off the Maasdam while visiting this area, we were on all day private tour with six others. The driver / tour guide said we had an extra hour on the tour and asked us if we would like to visit a very important landmark. We asked what was this landmark. The driver replied, “I can take you to the church that Michael Corleone got married.” 😳. We declined to his disappointment.

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 14

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  DH had a couple of autistic students in his class one year - he appreciated the different perspectives they brought to the room and one still stays in touch with him almost 30 years later.  Thank goodness for electricity - how else would I run my air fryer?  I agree with the spilled milk thing - you can't undo it, so just keep on going.

I'm a little late this morning as I slept in, sort of.  I had a bad night because yesterday afternoon and evening we had a couple of sad phone calls.  My second last aunt passed away yesterday (age 91), bless her - she was ill and missed my uncle so died last year, so they're together now.  The second call was about the husband of a colleague who also passed away yesterday - he was in his late 50's and died from complications of diabetes.  What makes this particularly sad is that he was his whole world to my friend, and they had no children, so I don't know how she's going to manage.  After making a couple of calls, some of us are getting together to create a meal train to deliver to her every few days over the next month or two so she's got food and will have someone checking in on her after her extended family have returned to their home cities.  I woke in the middle of the night thinking about all of this and stayed awake for almost 3 hours mulling everything over - thus the later wake up.

@quilty964 Bon Voyage; I'm sorry we won't get a chance to meet on this cruise - hopefully another time!

A friend sent this to me this morning as it's her kitty's birthday; those of you with cats in the house will understand immediately.

CatsBirthday.thumb.jpg.cc3f869febcb15db3325603156cd72f1.jpg

Not much on our agenda today, as neither of us is really interested in the Super Bowl.  I would like the drink of the day, green or not, will let others enjoy the white wine, and will pass on the poppers.  Because yesterday was Lunar New Year, our almost-adopted daughter Sophia and her family were celebrating with their Chinese friends, but said they would like to bring us dinner today.  Her husband Wei makes an amazing shrimp in sweet tomato sauce that they're bringing over along with rice and cold rolls that we'll enjoy with them and their 6 year old twin son and daughter at the dining table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, or in turmoil.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  Its cloudy, it has rained, and we are expecting at least 2 more days of wet weather.  And when the rain is gone, and the skies clear again, the temps will drop 30 degrees. I have never believed a groundhog's prediction.  I have seen snow in Atlanta as late as April.  

I want to thank all of you who gave me recipes for that pork roast.  I wish I had cut it up before I froze it.  So when I did take it out of the freezer and let it thaw, I decided to cook it in the crock pot, and I wanted to let you know, it was great!  I added a can of tomatoes, a can of pineapple chunks, salt, pepper, a little brown sugar and red pepper flakes and cooked on low for 8 hours.  It made the best pulled pork!   Which I am going to use in carnita tacos for dinner tonight.  My super bowl supper.  The pork came out sweet, and the pineapple soaked up all the heat from the red pepper flakes.

The schnitzel idea will be used the next time I find pork at that low price again, but I will cut it before freezing.

I went back yesterday and worked for the theatre again, and will be there again Monday.  I did get a sale, and my boss texted me and said I was up for a bonus yesterday, as not many people showed up for work.  After 5 hours, I was still the only one with a sale.But when I clocked out, and sent him my text, he did not respond.  I do worry about him, he moved to MX over the Christmas holidays. He adopted a dog, and he and the dog have both been attacked by other bigger dogs when out walking.

Street dogs. And he always responds when I clock out.

catch-the-unbelievable-cat-football-funny-pictures-of-cat-football-funny-pictures.jpg

59-Funny-Minions-Picture-Quotes-Funny-Memes-2.jpg

f504122b6fb17a41e62de06d14f07f71.jpg

• Like 22
  • Haha 7

Gerry @ger_77 yesterday was definitely a bad day for you with the sad news about your two friends.  I'm so sorry to hear it and send my condolences to you and the families involved.  Very nice of you and other friends to think of the widow with the meal train.  I'm sure it will make a difference for her.

Annie @marshhawk perhaps we will have an early spring after all.  Yesterday while we were outside working for several hours, we saw two groups of geese flying by in the V formation going due north!  Amazing how they know which direction to fly twice a year.🔃

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruising Katie said:

I have not been able to get any emails from Cruise Critic since Friday?  Is there something wrong with their site?

anyone else having the same problem

Kate 

Yes.

• Like 8

@ger_77, Gerry, I was so sorry to read about your relative and the husband of your friend. My condolences to you and their families.

i do understand mulling things over in the middle of the night and hope you can catch up on sleep later. Enjoy your company today!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1